New Manager Latest Odds

7 minutes ago, Second Decay said:

Paul Lambert  manager St Mirren FC, Greenhill Road - be there or be square

Do you think he would be interested, even with having played for the club and being brought up locally?  If he could do as well as Steve Clarke has at Killie,  I'd have him in a heartbeat.  Would also make the Bet Fred Cup game with Killie interesting with two ex Saints players in opposition.

Do you think he would be interested, even with having played for the club and being brought up locally?  If he could do as well as Steve Clarke has at Killie,  I'd have him in a heartbeat.  Would also make the Bet Fred Cup game with Killie interesting with two ex Saints players in opposition.

I’d be amazed if we landed Lambert. He was managing in the EPL a matter of days ago, albeit he couldn’t keep Stoke up. Even although he’s local and started his career with us, he’ll be looking at much higher profile and better paying jobs than St Mirren. I’d take him in a heartbeat too Ricky, but can’t see it happening.

I’d be amazed if we landed Lambert. He was managing in the EPL a matter of days ago, albeit he couldn’t keep Stoke up. Even although he’s local and started his career with us, he’ll be looking at much higher profile and better paying jobs than St Mirren. I’d take him in a heartbeat too Ricky, but can’t see it happening.
The main reason might be that his wife and kids live up here, but he will make more money doing 3-6 month stints relegating clubs down south than he would in 3 years at us.

Some of the posts on here regarding a new manager are frightening. Paul Lambert has been a serial loser with every club he’s been with in recent times. He’s had one successful period at Norwich when he got them promoted. After that he’s bombed at every other club. No thanks. The same goes for McIntyre and John Kennedy the Celtic coach, why in God’s name would you give a guy with no managerial experience the helm of a club who have just been promoted back into the top flight, that makes no sense at all.

7 minutes ago, zico said:

I’d give it Paul Lambert and Billy Davies as co managers with David Hopkin as assistant.

That would never work. 

Davies hates Lambert because he wouldn't go to a sex club with him, a sex club run by Hopkins assistant. 

Hopkins used to sell deodorants in the toilet of said club, which was good for him on account of his weak bladder. 

Some of the posts on here regarding a new manager are frightening. Paul Lambert has been a serial loser with every club he’s been with in recent times. He’s had one successful period at Norwich when he got them promoted. After that he’s bombed at every other club. No thanks. The same goes for McIntyre and John Kennedy the Celtic coach, why in God’s name would you give a guy with no managerial experience the helm of a club who have just been promoted back into the top flight, that makes no sense at all.
Somebody posted similar about Lambert in another thread and it was countered by someone who actually seemed to know a bit about his career. I can't claim to have followed his career too closely but his record didn't seem too bad when put into context.

Who would be your preference?

Just now, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You, sir, are a silly billy.

You only see what you want to see, you point out what you see as an issue with me yet ignore other similar posts which makes you an utter troll, ach, what's the point, away and get to bed, you're like a broken record, tedious, add next to nothing to the forum and are so stupid you can't even see it.

Run along, you are drowning in your own urine. :byebye

Sad to see someone make such a fool of himself who otherwise seems like an educated guy. Pity. Pity is what I feel for you. Not annoyance, not anger, pity. 

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Time you updated your standard bank of "copy and paste" replies, it's all become rather tedious. :double

Thank you for your time tonight. It has been incredibly useful. I did say you were easy after all. As are your other two troll type friends .night

5 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Somebody posted similar about Lambert in another thread and it was countered by someone who actually seemed to know a bit about his career. I can't claim to have followed his career too closely but his record didn't seem too bad when put into context.

Who would be your preference?

Neilson or Hopkin for me. Hopkin has done a similar job to Jack Ross with a fraction of his budget. He’s galvanised Livingston and taken them further than anyone could have realistically expected.

He would in my opinion do a cracking job with a bigger club with better resources. 

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That puts the fear of life in me. Would love to be proved wrong ,certainly would not be surprised if it happened . 

what the frith is the fear of life?  I've never heard such a phrase.

I don't believe it for a second, but PL as saints boss would be awesome. He is a more than competent manager

4 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Zero chance of him getting another PL gig down south.

13 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

He did well at Wycombe too which is why he got the Norwich job. He would have tons of contacts down south for players 

Edited by Big Yards

He did well at Wycombe too which is why he got the Norwich job. He would have tons of contacts down south for players 

He actually was poor at Wycombe, failed to get promotion twice with one of the biggest budgets.

He left there and went to Colchester, done ok, thumped Norwich 7-1 and got that job.

Lamberts obviously a big name, other than Norwich he has been average at best as a manager but gets jobs due to his name

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Interview with Robbie Neilson on BBC sports page regarding the Saints job if someone cares to put a link up. 

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

Let him sit back and twiddle his thumbs then , seems to have a high opinion of himself.

21 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Bullshit, he never said he wants cash to splash on players, he said he wants a realistic budget which is fair enough to me.

JR was going to get a realistic budget to have us challenging for top 6 so the new man should get that also.

32 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Agree with you there we don' have the money to buy our way into the top six in our first season up. As things stand today Hamilton will have a bigger budget than us I would think.