New Manager Latest Odds

13 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Bullshit, he never said he wants cash to splash on players, he said he wants a realistic budget which is fair enough to me.

JR was going to get a realistic budget to have us challenging for top 6 so the new man should get that also.

Not heard that one mate regarding us having a budget for the top six. Aspirations yes where is the money coming from ? 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Agree with you there we don' have the money to buy our way into the top six in our first season up. As things stand today Hamilton will have a bigger budget than us I would think. 

Hamilton will not have a bigger budget than us, no danger.

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

We shouldn’t let anyone near our club that wants to ‘splash the cash’ to match ambition- if he wants to be bankrolled, let him nowhere near the job.

Not an encouraging start.

Neilson seems to be another one who thinks money will decide league position and Lambert is wittering on about bloody Rangers.

I notice Neilson talked about expectations at MK Dons being top two but that they were funded for mid table. What he fails to mention is that he had them in 21st position when he was sacked. No hint of acceptance that he may have been partly to blame.

All a little depressing really. These mentalities are not what we need at all IMO. I dont recall Danny Lennon ever wittering on about restrictive budgets.

56 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

Only the top clubs can splash cash so unless  Celtic, Gers, Aberdeen and Embra duo suddenly have a vacancy then he is likely to remain out of work. I guess that leaves down south but his last job may have ended any chance of managing a club with money to splash.

Edited by nedflanders123

Just heard from a reliable source that the new manager will be Mick Mellon.
Used to go to training courses 40 years ago with his dad - huge Celtic fans. Well settled down there and has lived in Blackpool since he played for them. Don't see it personally but never say never.

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't know how it all works but they got more than double prize money than we got

They lost £1,000,000 or something like that in a bank fraud - didn't they?

They have also lost Crawford and Templeton who were both decent 1st team players - they finished on the same points as relegated Partick.

Canning is not a very good manager...

We should finish well above them as long as we bring in better players than what we currently have...

Edited by Sweeper07

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not an encouraging start.

Neilson seems to be another one who thinks money will decide league position and Lambert is wittering on about bloody Rangers.

I notice Neilson talked about expectations at MK Dons being top two but that they were funded for mid table. What he fails to mention is that he had them in 21st position when he was sacked. No hint of acceptance that he may have been partly to blame.

All a little depressing really. These mentalities are not what we need at all IMO. I dont recall Danny Lennon ever wittering on about restrictive budgets.

That’s because Danny Lennon had a budget that allowed him to sign the likes of Thompson Teale Carey and the like. Do you honestly think they came to St Mirren for peanuts ?

What do you expect Neilsen to say, I’ll be happy to accept a budget scrapping about with the likes of Hamilton.

48 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't know how it all works but they got more than double prize money than we got

Jesus Christ!!! FFS!!!

That was for LAST season! They will have got the bulk of that as installements LAST season.

They will have spent that money LAST season and budgeted for LAST season accordingly.

NEXT season, we will both be in the same league. We will both budget accordingly!

:1eye

58 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

We shouldn’t let anyone near our club that wants to ‘splash the cash’ to match ambition- if he wants to be bankrolled, let him nowhere near the job.

That's not what he said though. Nothing like it. 

'Does the budget put up by the board match the expectations?' he asked and it wasn't specifically of us, it was of any job he said he'd consider. And rightly so. If we have say the second smallest budget in the league, aiming for 8th or 9th might fly. Aiming for 5th or 6th certainly will not, though and he's correct to ask that question. 

20 minutes ago, zico said:

Jesus Christ!!! FFS!!!

That was for LAST season! They will have got the bulk of that as installements LAST season.

They will have spent that money LAST season and budgeted for LAST season accordingly.

NEXT season, we will both be in the same league. We will both budget accordingly!

:1eye

How did you work that out? each team receive's prize money for the position they finished in the league, it will go towards 

the next season's budget, so technically Hamilton will have a £1/2million advantage on us before a season ticket is even sold.

Edited by scrappy coco

I’d be amazed if we landed Lambert. He was managing in the EPL a matter of days ago, albeit he couldn’t keep Stoke up. Even although he’s local and started his career with us, he’ll be looking at much higher profile and better paying jobs than St Mirren. I’d take him in a heartbeat too Ricky, but can’t see it happening.
I would have said the same about Steve Clarke and Killie... So never say never.

As far as budgets go last season would have been at the low end of the scale

next season we will have a higher away support for home games

also.....i believe we will carry over at least a million pounds extra revenue on top of next seasons budget that we "gained" and not budgeted for...

£300,000 for Lewis

Compo for Jack

big prize money for winning the league

extra fans for the run in to winning the championship

now......if a wee McGinn could be moved on from Hibs for £6M that would be nice :D

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Bullshit, he never said he wants cash to splash on players, he said he wants a realistic budget which is fair enough to me.

JR was going to get a realistic budget to have us challenging for top 6 so the new man should get that also.

What Neilson is saying is no different from what I would have expected our former manager to have asked for from our board this season (and got).

Edited by David Mc

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Seem's a bit worried his bet's about to go tits up.. Nailed on..:lol: