New Manager Latest Odds

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not what he said though. Nothing like it. 

'Does the budget put up by the board match the expectations?' he asked and it wasn't specifically of us, it was of any job he said he'd consider. And rightly so. If we have say the second smallest budget in the league, aiming for 8th or 9th might fly. Aiming for 5th or 6th certainly will not, though and he's correct to ask that question. 

I agree with your take on what he said. Relationships between revenue and league positions over time show a clear correlation. Not always though,  especially in cup competitions. You don't get too many surprises like Leicester in the league's though. I would expect us to have around The7th biggest budget and finishing there or above to be a good performance.  Crowd levels will be critical to how well we do.  The more of us who buy season tickets or turn up for games then the better chance we have of having the finance needed in January to top up the squad. This was vital this season and will be next as well,  in my opinion.  Others may think differently. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't know how it all works but they got more than double prize money than we got

They give their season tickets away very cheaply and with poor home gates they may well get more prize money, but we will take a lot more money through the gate.

Just now, renfrew said:

They give their season tickets away very cheaply and with poor home gates they may well get more prize money, but we will take a lot more money through the gate. Also forget the bank sting that cost them plenty.

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

As far as budgets go last season would have been at the low end of the scale

next season we will have a higher away support for home games

also.....i believe we will carry over at least a million pounds extra revenue on top of next seasons budget that we "gained" and not budgeted for...

£300,000 for Lewis

Compo for Jack

big prize money for winning the league

extra fans for the run in to winning the championship

now......if a wee McGinn could be moved on from Hibs for £6M that would be nice :D

Like your thinking. 

2 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

That’s because Danny Lennon had a budget that allowed him to sign the likes of Thompson Teale Carey and the like. Do you honestly think they came to St Mirren for peanuts ?

What do you expect Neilsen to say, I’ll be happy to accept a budget scrapping about with the likes of Hamilton.

I expect any prospective manager to say he is so confident in his coaching and man management methods that he expects to be competing with everyone wothout making any reference whatsoever to the OF or the budget because both have been routinely used and abused as excuses for failure for decades.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not what he said though. Nothing like it. 

'Does the budget put up by the board match the expectations?' he asked and it wasn't specifically of us, it was of any job he said he'd consider. And rightly so. If we have say the second smallest budget in the league, aiming for 8th or 9th might fly. Aiming for 5th or 6th certainly will not, though and he's correct to ask that question. 

Why is he even talking about money at this stage? Why is he not talking about his great coaching and man management credentials?

That interview reveals a man who wants to know he has a ready excuse for failure.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I expect any prospective manager to say he is so confident in his coaching and man management methods that he expects to be competing with everyone wothout making any reference whatsoever to the OF or the budget because both have been routinely used and abused as excuses for failure for decades.

Oh that’s ok then, give him f**k all of a budget and rely on his coaching and man managment skills to compete with similar sized clubs with a bigger budget in place and see how that one works out.  

15 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Oaky doesn't get football, he lives in a parallel universe where things are very different to the real world.

Leave him, he's a lost cause. 

Very nice Faraway Saint. Aren't you meant to be in the sin bin giving us all peace?

25 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Oh that’s ok then, give him f**k all of a budget and rely on his coaching and man managment skills to compete with similar sized clubs with a bigger budget in place and see how that one works out.  

Aye that is EXACTLY what I said :fishwallop

6 hours ago, Ethan said:

I read through it. Sounds like he will only take the job if he is given cash to splash on players.  He is looking for a club with high ambitions. We dont have an abundance of riches so im not sure he is the right fit for our club.

What club doesn't. 

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Apparently our first choice for Manager is David Hopkin with David Jones ex Wolves Manager also being considered.

I think you are at the wind up, both of them (or their assistants) have more baggage than the carousel at Glasgow Airport. 

2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You're showing your lack of any sort of football knowledge by preaching your "I read it in a training manual" approach.

Almost EVERY football team requires to improve, especially when you move up a league.

To do that you will need to spend money.

Obviously there's a strong element of the manager getting the best from players but these players have to be pretty damn reasonable to survive in a tougher league.

Stick to what your good at..........................what is that again? 

Far too Faraway. Strange hours for Abu Dhabi. Seems to operate within UK hours. Has the same lacerating style that a very small number of phsycophants like but others abhor and very very very slow to engage his brain.

Edited by St.Ricky

I think you are at the wind up, both of them (or their assistants) have more baggage than the carousel at Glasgow Airport. 
I have absolutely no interest in winding anybody up that's a game for the Flareybobs of this world.

This came from Tony himself I'm just the messenger.

4 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Oaky doesn't get football, he lives in a parallel universe where things are very different to the real world.

Leave him, he's a lost cause. 

There you go again inferring that someone is less than completely same. Might be a good idea to stop before you cause trouble for yourself don't you think?

18 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Might be an idea to go back to school, that "O" level in stupidity isn't proving too useful.  :byebye

Quite why you might think Oaky is less than sane is beyond me. :lol:

You really are too easy. :1eye

The pity is that you just don't get it. You rampage about hurling abuse and questioning people's sanity. Not on my friend not on at all. Now it's easy to check where you are based. Not in Abu Dhabi. That's for sure. You know none of the places or organisations I have mentioned and this is clearly an Alias to enable you to be able to post outside the sin bin. One great feature on here is that conversations on threads are accessible and allow one to gather together remarks made which in your case ,in both identities include abuse and allegations and/or inferences that others may either be mentally ill or deranged. Words taken straight from your posts . Now being a fair guy I will give you an opportunity to stop. I want to receive no more messages from you of any sort and nor do I want to see you mention my screen name on any forum thread. Now I have been very fortunate in business and in life and a wee bit out of the ordinary financially. I have asked you several times to desist in both of your forum identities and you clearly have shown no signs of remorse, no apology has beeb made. l should tell you that I have already copied your many offensive posts and allowed these to be examined and advice on actions that may be taken. I will in the first instance pass these to the site administrator. I  will allow you a further  period of grace to change your approach as  indicated. This will run to the  end of May. I suggest that you take this seriously as should your two buddies who are mirroring your approach.  Div has clearly set out guidelines for activities on the forum. Showing respect for each other seems to be a basic requisite for membership. Live up to this and get yourself back into what is once again a thriving forum .