New Manager Latest Odds

According to today's PDE.

Over 30 applications received so far. Applications will be whittled down this week, with a provisional shortlist produced before the weekend. Formal interviews will begin next week, with an appointment to made shortly afterwards.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Over 30 applications received so far. Applications will be whittled down this week, with a provisional shortlist produced before the weekend. Formal interviews will begin next week, with an appointment to made shortly afterwards.

I predict we will get a very good manager from this list. Exciting times for Saints.

I think he knows he's not there yet and only wants the Saints job when he's going to utterly smash it.

Not sure if you’re being serious or not by that’s partly why I don’t want him to get it just now. He’s a club legend, don’t risk that by taking the job now when he has limited experience.

Although getting some years under his belt didn’t exactly work well for Mark McGhee at Aberdeen...

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That sounds professional, sensible, and pragmatic.

It'll not go down well at all:rolleyes:

ETA - it's bollocks in any event, because John Kennedy already has the job....

Edited by Drew

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I think he knows he's not there yet and only wants the Saints job when he's going to utterly smash it.

I thought he would have jumped at it. His job of keeping Alloa up next year is going to be near on impossible IMO. 

They'll probably get relegated which won't be much fault of his own but his stock will resultantly drop. 

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

Not sure if you’re being serious or not by that’s partly why I don’t want him to get it just now. He’s a club legend, don’t risk that by taking the job now when he has limited experience.

Although getting some years under his belt didn’t exactly work well for Mark McGhee at Aberdeen...

Deadly serious. Made that point about 10 days ago on P&B. I want to protect Jim's legacy: if he took us down next season he'd have played a part in two relegations, which could sully his legendary status.

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not sure if anyone has wrote this already. 

It's being reported Paul Lambert is not interested as he wants to work in England - Express

Hopkin - Shrewsbury want him as their manager will be moving to Ipswich - Express.

It's increasingly difficult to see past Robbie Neilson, but let's hope for a left field entry or two to keep things interesting.

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not sure if anyone has wrote this already. 

It's being reported Paul Lambert is not interested as he wants to work in England - Express

Hopkin - Shrewsbury want him as their manager will be moving to Ipswich - Express.

I'm not surprised.

"Paul do you want to be St Mirren manager"

"Whats the money like"

"£70k"

"Aye £70k per week sounds no bad"

"Erm naw, that's £70k per year"

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'm not surprised.

"Paul do you want to be St Mirren manager"

"Whats the money like"

"£70k"

"Aye £70k per week sounds no bad"

"Erm naw, that's £70k per year"

First-hand knowledge do you ?

It's not hard to work out if Jack Ross is now on £350,000 per annum and that is five times what he was on at St Mirren. 

Where did you get this information? 

36 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's increasingly difficult to see past Robbie Neilson, but let's hope for a left field entry or two to keep things interesting.

Well.  Maybe but let's see who expresses an interest. We could do worse though. 

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-target-jack-ross-confirmed-as-sunderland-manager-1-5534305

It was widely reported in the North East of England press. 

A well , you've convinced me now. Obviously the North East English press will have first hand knowledge to what St Mirren pay their staff.