New Manager Latest Odds

2 hours ago, Drew said:

It's increasingly difficult to see past Robbie Neilson, but let's hope for a left field entry or two to keep things interesting.

Im  just worried about his budget commnts Drew. A manager for me should be focused on how do I get the best out of this guy. Fully support him in every way . That's what Jack Ross was so good at. Not against Neilson but I do have my doubts, you want a job why throw that into the mix after all we are a stepping stone for younger players with a mix of experience that takes balance it can be done it needs enthusiasm and belief within the manager. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Im  just worried about his budget commnts Drew. A manager for me should be focused on how do I get the best out of this guy. Fully support him in every way . That's what Jack Ross was so good at. Not against Neilson but I do have my doubts, you want a job why throw that into the mix after all we are a stepping stone for younger players with a mix of experience that takes balance it can be done it needs enthusiasm and belief within the manager. 

If he can't operate within our budget then f**k him. 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He's probably mindful of his own experience at MK Dons where his budget from the board didn't match expectations and may remember Danny Lennon not having had his contract renewed after winning a League Cup and finishing 8th twice, and may have read Jack Ross' interviews about aiming to finish as high as possible and break into the top 6... do remember that Hamilton start off with an £600k from the SPFL based on prize money from last season (and they have sold a few players during the season too).

24 minutes ago, magnus said:

I like this guy more and more. A man with some loyalty. I really hope he returns to Saints as our manager one day soon.

I doubt that loyalty is the only reason.  He has been there before and maybe had his fingers burned.

Also, wasn't he speaking to JR in the run-up to the grand departure?  Maybe he knows enough to swerve it for now.  I'm glad as I don't think he was right for the role.  Happy to be proved wrong but it seems neither did he.

11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye, Ian, I've said elsewhere that I didn't take to his emphasis on finances and budget in press interviews. These are really matters for a formal job interview, and not something that should be getting trotted out in the media.

The Saints manager job is a cracking gig for any ambitious manager looking to develop (or reinvigorate) his career. I don't think it should be necessary for a potential candidate to effectively set out a list of requirements in press interviews before having had a proper discussion with the club about it. It's a bit lacking in class, if you ask me.

11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He's just explaining that the budget needs to fit the expectation and vice versa. If he takes the job, he will obviously have agreed the budget and expectations with the board. I think he had a tough time at MK Dons in terms of the budget not being commensurate with the expectations, as someone else has pointed out.

36 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I doubt that loyalty is the only reason.  He has been there before and maybe had his fingers burned.

Also, wasn't he speaking to JR in the run-up to the grand departure?  Maybe he knows enough to swerve it for now.  I'm glad as I don't think he was right for the role.  Happy to be proved wrong but it seems neither did he.

Reckon JG knows he's not ready for the shit fest ahead. Following in the footsteps of someone who succeeded is also colouring the picture here.

Door open for future but he's thinking its too soon and not likely to end well. The man, for now, currently knows his limitations.

The St Mirren gig is a tall order for next season, the champagne sprinkled season in Diddyville is gone , sadly, now its time for over the top and on to the trenches.

19 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Reckon JG knows he's not ready for the shit fest ahead. Following in the footsteps of someone who succeeded is also colouring the picture here.

Door open for future but he's thinking its too soon and not likely to end well. The man, for now, currently knows his limitations.

The St Mirren gig is a tall order for next season, the champagne sprinkled season in Diddyville is gone , sadly, now its time for over the top and on to the trenches.

It does make you wonder if the Championship is in fact way more fun than the bore fest that lies ahead and that's before you factor in the Ugly Sisters.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

No we have money from winning league and money from sale of Morgan and comp from Ross and fowler that's about a million 

The money for winning the Championship is more than £600k less than what Hamilton receive for finishing 10th and losing almost as many games as Brechin City! The money from the sale of Lewis Morgan was received in January and probably spent then as well - I am sure that several folks posted that despite attendances and season ticket sales being up last season and having sold McAllister and Mallan the season before that we were heading for a big loss unless we sold Morgan last season.

Accies are also hoping to receive up to £500k for one of their younger players moving to Aberdeen - doubt they will get that amount but they might receive more compensation for that deal than we got for Jack and James going.