New Manager Latest Odds

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can see it being either Neilson or a foreign manager given what seems to be available. 

Very difficult to look beyond Neilson now. Certainly in terms of the names mentioned so far.

34 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Just looked again at Tommy Craig's stats for us. I shuddered reading about the close season where he was in charge... Goodbye David Van Zanten, Paul McGowan, Darren McGregor, hello Ross Caldwell, James Marwood, Isaac Osbourne... 15 league games in charge, 2 wins, 2 draws, 11 defeats and a league cup win over Dunfermline to TC's credit  in 19 games in charge (we took ICT to a replay in the Scottish Cup before being thumped 4-0 up there).

Ah....those long gone days when we had a manager to complain about. Bring them back soon I say. We need a manager to castigate. 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Very difficult to look beyond Neilson now. Certainly in terms of the names mentioned so far.

Jack Ross will be able to give Scott the low down. I'm not so sure its a one horse race given 30 applicants. If he was the stand out he would be appointed in my opinion.  

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Neilson is a Paisley boy. OK in his youth he took a wrong turn when he was looking for Love Street but ended up at Ibrox. But....He did well at Hearts. Another strong minded guy (like Jack You Know Who). His choice of assistant would be important for me but I think, if he is offered and if he accepts the job then we will get 100 % from him and his team. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Jack Ross will be able to give Scott the low down. I'm not so sure its a one horse race given 30 applicants. If he was the stand out he would be appointed in my opinion.  

It would be negligent of the club not to assess all the interested parties, but I think given the events in February with Barnsley, the board have had plenty of time to look at options and consider who they would like...

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It would be negligent of the club not to assess all the interested parties, but I think given the events in February with Barnsley, the board have had plenty of time to look at options and consider who they would like...

Who we would like is one thing, who was/is available now and how much we can afford to pay in salary is another. None of us know who has/will apply for the position so while Robbie N is one possible candidate, there would be a number of applicants unknown.  Look at Steve C at Killie, who would have thought he would be interested in that post?

Our Board will have considered a replacement or at least the type of manager they would like to bring in. Getting that person is the challenge and sometimes out with the Board's control.

45 minutes ago, Drew said:

I seem to recall TC dropping the mic in a massive, belligerent huff during a BBC radio interview. I was literally cringing as I listened to it:lol:

It happened at least twice. I think he took the huff before the second game of the season as he got asked about Goodwin's red card, then towards the end of his reign of terror he got asked some question on camera and just scared at the bloke :lol:

42 minutes ago, munoz said:

He should have stuck to coaching.  Was decent by all accounts. 

Agreed. The irony for me is that when Teale took over that season, someone with Craig's background would have been the ideal assistant to help him along.

Can't see Hopkin leaving for us, however his departure might force the board's hand a bit now that Livvy are after a manager too.

Edited by Stu

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye but 27 of the applications are Ricky's 

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Who we would like is one thing, who was/is available now and how much we can afford to pay in salary is another. None of us know who has/will apply for the position so while Robbie N is one possible candidate, there would be a number of applicants unknown.  Look at Steve C at Killie, who would have thought he would be interested in that post?

Our Board will have considered a replacement or at least the type of manager they would like to bring in. Getting that person is the challenge and sometimes out with the Board's control.

Sensible post.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

It happened at least twice. I think he took the huff before the second game of the season as he got asked about Goodwin's red card, then towards the end of his reign of terror he got asked some question on camera and just scared at the bloke :lol:

Agreed. The irony for me is that when Teale took over that season, someone with Craig's background would have been the ideal assistant to help him along.

Can't see Hopkin leaving for us, however his departure might force the board's hand a bit now that Livvy are after a manager too.

Don't forget that it was when TC was in his coaching role that he was undermining Danny , to me TC has a nasty streak . .

7 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Agree. But surely money plays a big part. Stev C is on a great wage at Killie. Neilson must have had good pay at MK. Lets say we offer 100k that means either a hike for our next JR or a drop. Unless it is a Yogi or Mcintyre. Important factor here is GS. He got Jack i have confidence he can do it again...

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As another poster said Hopkin has left Livvi. Livvi board say that have been working on replacement.. Just in case. 

"Livvi board" = their assistant manager

37 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Can see Livi going for McIntyre.

Why not us ?

I reckon Jim McIntyre is well capable of doing the SMFC job with Billy Dodds as assistant.

I'd personally prefer him to Neilson of all the obvious, probably lazy candidates listed.

Have a feeling it will be none of the obvious though.

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why not us ?

I reckon Jim McIntyre is well capable of doing the SMFC job with Billy Dodds as assistant.

I'd personally prefer him to Neilson of all the obvious, probably lazy candidates listed.

Billy Dodds?

Might as well appoint my gran. And she's been dead 30 years.

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why not us ?

Could be..

McIntyre just leapt to become favourite (1/1) for the post.  Ahead of Lambert, Neilson (both 2/1) and Hopkin (3/1).