New Manager Latest Odds

Not looking very promising already after such a great 18 months. The wind has been taken firmly out of our sails having lost our manager and best player. My main hope is that the idiots who had selected the previous managers have now departed and sense may prevail. Fingers crossed. I do however think that either English managers or those who have been based in English football should be avoided like the plague, as the first sign of a job opportunity down there will see them leave in a cloud of dust.

2 minutes ago, Flareybob said:

Craig Brewster has applied to be the next St Mirren manager

Thats the reason why when they say they had 30 applicants it means absolutely nothing.

Those 30 applicants will be comprised of people like Craig Brewster and people who have won the champions league with St Mirren on Football Manager.

2 minutes ago, Flareybob said:

Craig Brewster has applied to be the next St Mirren manager

You're slipping, normally you'd say 'I have it on good authority that Craig Brewster will be the next St Mirren manager'. 

I think you should face facts, you're best days are behind you. 

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

Thats the reason why when they say they had 30 applicants it means absolutely nothing.

Those 30 applicants will be comprised of people like Craig Brewster and people who have won the champions league with St Mirren on Football Manager.

I have won the champions league with St mirren on football manager, should I apply? 

There will be dozens of guys out there who would fancy a pop at the Saints manager post.

Just because a name hasn't been listed with odds beside it, or mentioned on Twitter doesn't mean it might not be a decent shout. At our level, it will be a punt regardless.

There will be dozens of guys out there who would fancy a pop at the Saints manager post.
Just because a name hasn't been listed with odds beside it, or mentioned on Twitter doesn't mean it might not be a decent shout. At our level, it will be a punt regardless.

Like you say, the new guy probably hasn’t actually been mentioned yet.

Would be good to have it sorted by next week.

29 minutes ago, Ethan said:

With the exception of Neilson all the early options have all but ruled themselves out. What worries me is the journeymen failures that are left. 

Promote from within, give it to Allan McManus.

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Just looked again at Tommy Craig's stats for us. I shuddered reading about the close season where he was in charge... Goodbye David Van Zanten, Paul McGowan, Darren McGregor, hello Ross Caldwell, James Marwood, Isaac Osbourne... 15 league games in charge, 2 wins, 2 draws, 11 defeats and a league cup win over Dunfermline to TC's credit  in 19 games in charge (we took ICT to a replay in the Scottish Cup before being thumped 4-0 up there).

Overall Tommy has managed two clubs. Those two clubs are my home team in Belgium, Charleroi (closest to where I was born) and of course the Saints. Trust it to be that useless twat who crossed both my home teams! Why not someone decent...

Overall record in both jobs (from wiki)

Charleroi: W2, D3, L14

St Mirren W3, D3, L13

Overall:

P38, W5, D6, L27

If that was a full 38 game SPL season we'd have finished with 21pts.

With Saints he had the summer to build a side. As we know we lost good players and replaced them with non-footballers. His spell at Charleroi was Nov-Apr, so he had the January transfer market to make some changes. He couldn't even get the side fighting when relegation became a threat. Amazingly we survived with just 23pts from 28 matches. The decline from the 40+ points the season before was obvious and another dud, a certain Csaba Laszlo, had a dreadful effort himself the next season as the club did eventually get relegated after around 25 years in the top flight. Thankfully it was an immediate return with a title win the next season.

Having known this first hand, I kicked off on P+B when it was announced Tommy was joining our coaching team. I was explaining how this was going to eventually lead to us going down but naturally I was told to shut up, simmer down etc. Unfortunately my worries came right when he got the manager's job, a day I had feared for a long time. And what's shocker it was, in the end it had taken 3 years of hell before Jack Ross sorted us out.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Why not us ?

I reckon Jim McIntyre is well capable of doing the SMFC job with Billy Dodds as assistant.

I'd personally prefer him to Neilson of all the obvious, probably lazy candidates listed.

Have a feeling it will be none of the obvious though.

Because I don't rate him. You seen totally against Neilson for some reason. I have a feeling you might need to get used to someone you don't rate getting it - unless Zidane is up for it... :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, melmac said:

Aye, but everybody knew (bar the Board) that Tommy Craig couldn't hack it at manager level. Has McManus not got the best stats as our manager, even though it was temporary.

One defeat and one draw in his 2 games.