New Manager Latest Odds

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

I was thinking more Coughlan and Craig.

Gus, I'll give you, was the honourable exception.

Not looking for a fight (honest) but I think if we could've afforded to pay off Coughlan when Hendrie went we would've. 

At least with JRs departure we're not looking in the bargain bin for a replacement and should be able to offer the new guy a competitive budget.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not looking for a fight (honest) but I think if we could've afforded to pay off Coughlan when Hendrie went we would've. 

At least with JRs departure we're not looking in the bargain bin for a replacement and should be able to offer the new guy a competitive budget.

I agree on both counts.

Even so...

OUTSIDE.

NOW!

:boxing

2 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Who we would like is one thing, who was/is available now and how much we can afford to pay in salary is another. None of us know who has/will apply for the position so while Robbie N is one possible candidate, there would be a number of applicants unknown.  Look at Steve C at Killie, who would have thought he would be interested in that post?

Our Board will have considered a replacement or at least the type of manager they would like to bring in. Getting that person is the challenge and sometimes out with the Board's control.

Sensible post.

can't be having too many of these, it might become a proper forum :D

7 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So whats holding it up. You mentioned that a few days back ?

I believe John Kennedy is in Dubai or certainly was the other day.......he has definitely shown an interest in the job.

27 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Edit - just realised that might be a mistake with his odds.

25 minutes ago, Drew said:

Does seem to be in ascending (descending?) order otherwise.

Naw, he's definitely in at evens now.

I just dived in to see if I could lose some more money on this, but nothing there is taking fancy at all.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Overall Tommy has managed two clubs. Those two clubs are my home team in Belgium, Charleroi (closest to where I was born) and of course the Saints. Trust it to be that useless twat who crossed both my home teams! Why not someone decent...

Overall record in both jobs (from wiki)

Charleroi: W2, D3, L14

St Mirren W3, D3, L13

Overall:

P38, W5, D6, L27

If that was a full 38 game SPL season we'd have finished with 21pts.

With Saints he had the summer to build a side. As we know we lost good players and replaced them with non-footballers. His spell at Charleroi was Nov-Apr, so he had the January transfer market to make some changes. He couldn't even get the side fighting when relegation became a threat. Amazingly we survived with just 23pts from 28 matches. The decline from the 40+ points the season before was obvious and another dud, a certain Csaba Laszlo, had a dreadful effort himself the next season as the club did eventually get relegated after around 25 years in the top flight. Thankfully it was an immediate return with a title win the next season.

Having known this first hand, I kicked off on P+B when it was announced Tommy was joining our coaching team. I was explaining how this was going to eventually lead to us going down but naturally I was told to shut up, simmer down etc. Unfortunately my worries came right when he got the manager's job, a day I had feared for a long time. And what's shocker it was, in the end it had taken 3 years of hell before Jack Ross sorted us out.

Wow! another sensible post mmmmmmmmmm any suggestions for a new manager eh!:)

7 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Why has Jim Goodwin ruled himself out? Bad blood with current BOD or what.

He wants to finish what he's started at Alloa and he feels he still has a debt to pay to their chairman for getting his foot on the managerial ladder a bit of Loyalty shown by Goody fair play to him

Ranked by bookies odds

Lambert - Mibbaes Aye

Nielson - Mibbaes Aye

Hopkin - :wub:

McIntyre - Mibbaes Naw

Billy Davies - :wacko:

John Kennedy - No first team management experience. Celtic to St. Mirren too big a  culture change - NAW!

Potter - Time in charge of Dunfermline poor, albeit in difficult circumstances - Naw

Cathro - A bit leftfield, Mibbaes Aye but with some other club