New Manager Latest Odds

1 minute ago, helpmaboab said:

Drew do you know if it's possible to hide a posters profile avatar. Yours is an ugly animated distraction on the page.

I imagine you could stick me on ignore if it bothers you so much.  I talk shite most of the time, so it would be a no-lose scenario.

No idea if there is an option to hide an avatar. Div would be your man if you want to confirm that.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Wow! another sensible post mmmmmmmmmm any suggestions for a new manager eh!:)

I'd prefer it if we got Neilson over McIntyre. I think Robbie's work at Hearts was excellent, he's done well with youth and I don't buy it when others say Levein controlled it, seeing as Cathro was a disaster. The MK Dons spell doesn't worry me, most managers will have a bad spell somewhere. He did well up here and that's what matters more to me. McIntyre is the sort that would immediately have me expecting a relegation battle, but there's no reason he couldn't prove that wrong.

Out of total randomness seeing as we've supposedly had a Finnish bloke at Tromso and a manager in Iceland "declare interest", I'm going to randomly suggest Joel Cedergren. I hadn't heard of him either until a minute ago but he's doing okay with Sundsvall (9th in 16). 

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Overall Tommy has managed two clubs. Those two clubs are my home team in Belgium, Charleroi (closest to where I was born) and of course the Saints. Trust it to be that useless twat who crossed both my home teams! Why not someone decent...

Overall record in both jobs (from wiki)

Charleroi: W2, D3, L14

St Mirren W3, D3, L13

Overall:

P38, W5, D6, L27

If that was a full 38 game SPL season we'd have finished with 21pts.

With Saints he had the summer to build a side. As we know we lost good players and replaced them with non-footballers. His spell at Charleroi was Nov-Apr, so he had the January transfer market to make some changes. He couldn't even get the side fighting when relegation became a threat. Amazingly we survived with just 23pts from 28 matches. The decline from the 40+ points the season before was obvious and another dud, a certain Csaba Laszlo, had a dreadful effort himself the next season as the club did eventually get relegated after around 25 years in the top flight. Thankfully it was an immediate return with a title win the next season.

Having known this first hand, I kicked off on P+B when it was announced Tommy was joining our coaching team. I was explaining how this was going to eventually lead to us going down but naturally I was told to shut up, simmer down etc. Unfortunately my worries came right when he got the manager's job, a day I had feared for a long time. And what's shocker it was, in the end it had taken 3 years of hell before Jack Ross sorted us out.

There are some good points in here thats why i say our Chairman is the key difference. TC stabbed Danny in back and SG saw a chance to save money...... i still remember that pic of TC with Teale and Goodie walking camera and thinking we are doomed. Thats cause we also had English and Argentines sniffin about and a clearly divided dressing room. This year its about a clean slate but with a blue print. Successful smaller teams have united dressing rooms. We need a good man manager and a bad cop like fowler. Would love Fakes management team and about 6 of their players

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ranked by bookies odds

Lambert - Mibbaes Aye

Nielson - Mibbaes Aye

Hopkin - :wub:

McIntyre - Mibbaes Naw

Billy Davies - :wacko:

John Kennedy - No first team management experience. Celtic to St. Mirren too big a  culture change - NAW!

Potter - Time in charge of Dunfermline poor, albeit in difficult circumstances - Naw

Cathro - A bit leftfield, Mibbaes Aye but with some other club . Neilson 

Potter joining Jack Ross back team as a coach.    Lambert knocked us back.  Hopkins going south.  Neilson maybe aye. McIntyre  is possible.  Davies not interested.  Kennedy someone has put money on him don't think it would be a Saints fan. Someone in the know ? Cathro are you having a laugh. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Potter joining Jack Ross back team as a coach.    Lambert knocked us back.  Hopkins going south.  Neilson maybe aye. McIntyre  is possible.  Davies not interested.  Kennedy someone has put money on him don' think it would be a Saints fan. Someone in the know ? Cathro are you having a laugh. 

Don't disagree but agree with DJ that what matters most is keeping a strong spine in the club linking board, manager, team and fans. Also agree that the management team needs a good cop, bad cop mix whoever plays these roles. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Potter joining Jack Ross back team as a coach.    Lambert knocked us back.  Hopkins going south.  Neilson maybe aye. McIntyre  is possible.  Davies not interested.  Kennedy someone has put money on him don't think it would be a Saints fan. Someone in the know ? Cathro are you having a laugh. 

Ok so far. Cathro. Coyle. Pardew. Hughes. Kennedy .Pedro . Various... all bad.                  So who do we want that hasnt ruled themselves out. And how many where chuffed when we appointed Jack. Be honest......

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok so far. Cathro. Coyle. Pardew. Hughes. Kennedy .Pedro . Various... all bad.                  So who do we want that hasnt ruled themselves out. And how many where chuffed when we appointed Jack. Be honest......

Pardew has he applied ? That's a serously good manager and a no brainer ( TO ME ) 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'd prefer it if we got Neilson over McIntyre. I think Robbie's work at Hearts was excellent, he's done well with youth and I don't buy it when others say Levein controlled it, seeing as Cathro was a disaster. The MK Dons spell doesn't worry me, most managers will have a bad spell somewhere. He did well up here and that's what matters more to me. McIntyre is the sort that would immediately have me expecting a relegation battle, but there's no reason he couldn't prove that wrong.

Out of total randomness seeing as we've supposedly had a Finnish bloke at Tromso and a manager in Iceland "declare interest", I'm going to randomly suggest Joel Cedergren. I hadn't heard of him either until a minute ago but he's doing okay with Sundsvall (9th in 16). 

Why would McIntyre immediately mean a relegation battle as opposed to Neilson. With the teams that Jim McIntyre had in the Premiership it was always going to be a relegation battle. He did win a cup with Ross County !!!. Would you take back Danny Lennon over Neilson ?

Going up this season is always most likely going to be a relegation battle with our current resources. At least McIntrye has successful experience of it. Neilson doesn't ?

Neilson managed Hearts one of the biggest clubs in Scotland with Levein overseeing everything. I personally think Jim McIntyre would have achieved every bit as much success at Hearts as Robbie Neilson did. 

I also don't think he'd have failed at MK Dons in the way Neilson did. That has to be a concern ?

McIntyre has always managed in his own right and been successful. Neilson had an experienced and capable  manager like Levein for guidance and help.

I'm hoping we get better than either 

Edited by lenziebud

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Pedro? Sorry....whit?:blink:

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am going to wait till the names of those being interviews are known, since at this moment and time I don't know who I want :lol:

Out of all the names being mentioned, Neilson is the one I'm most comfortable with.

Won the Championship with a number of good young players, and took Hearts to 3rd in Premiership.

If Levine was the real man in charge, then why has Hearts stumbled about mid table since?

He's proven himself at a bigger club and knows the Scottish game well. Due to the number of players we need and time constraints, we need someone with good knowledge of the game and players up here.

Next season's objective is to stay in the league, anything else is a bonus. After that it's just about year on year progression.

Who has ruled themselves out?  I know Goodwin is staying at Alloa but that may have been because he knew his chances of getting the job were slim.  What other realistic contenders have said no, or is it just that some of our fans doing their usual panic? :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I am going to wait till the names of those being interviews are known, since at this moment and time I don't know who I want :lol:

That's pretty much where I'm at, too - ie: nowhere!

I'm off on holiday three weeks today.  As long as its sorted out by then, I'm relaxed enough about things:2cool