New Manager Latest Odds

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Potter joining Jack Ross back team as a coach.    Lambert knocked us back.  Hopkins going south.  Neilson maybe aye. McIntyre  is possible.  Davies not interested.  Kennedy someone has put money on him don't think it would be a Saints fan. Someone in the know ? Cathro are you having a laugh. 

Lambert hasn't knocked us back. 

The tabloids said the other day it's thought he'd prefer a return to England but he certainly hasn't ruled us out.

Similarly, Hopkin said he sees his future in England but that doesn't mean he's removed himself from the running. 

The only manager to definitively exclude himself from contention at this point is Jim Goodwin. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Potter joining Jack Ross back team as a coach.    Lambert knocked us back.  Hopkins going south.  Neilson maybe aye. McIntyre  is possible.  Davies not interested.  Kennedy someone has put money on him don't think it would be a Saints fan. Someone in the know ? Cathro are you having a laugh. 

Thanks for the heads up

Potter - good luck to him. I’ve no grudges from his time as a player - just didn't want him as manager here.

Lambert - expected as much.

Hopkin :(

Davies - Bullet dodged, sadly as I have fond memories of him playing for us. :(

Kennedy - hope not for reasons mentioned above - how well will he know the players within our budget?

Cathro - how many great managers were great players? The link is tenuous. Up until Hearts his career was a solid upwards progression. Brendan Rodgers put Cathros failure at Hearts down to a mismatch between Cathro & Levein. Out of the remaining 4 options Id rather have him than Kennedy. Love to see him get another gig but like I said preferably with another club so I can sleep at nights. :snore

Erm just read djchapsticks post so maybe Hoppy & Lambo are still in the running! :wacko:

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, magnus said:

Still doing great in Sweden.

Graham Potter. I don't think Billy Reid is interested in being manager anymore. 

Potter was linked with the Sunderland job and I did a bit of reading up on them. Not his fault or Reids of course, but apparently the owner of their club has got himself into quite a bit of trouble with the law. 

9 minutes ago, StuD said:

Graham Potter. I don't think Billy Reid is interested in being manager anymore. 

Potter was linked with the Sunderland job and I did a bit of reading up on them. Not his fault or Reids of course, but apparently the owner of their club has got himself into quite a bit of trouble with the law. 

Thanks StuD.  The management team of Graham Potter and Billy Reid  might be worth looking at.  Some similarities with Jack Ross and Strong Community Buy In.  Rapid promotions over the past few years.  Situation at their club might encourage them to move.. Maybe not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Why would McIntyre immediately mean a relegation battle as opposed to Neilson. With the teams that Jim McIntyre had in the Premiership it was always going to be a relegation battle. He did win a cup with Ross County !!!. Would you take back Danny Lennon over Neilson ?

Going up this season is always most likely going to be a relegation battle with our current resources. At least McIntrye has successful experience of it. Neilson doesn't ?

Neilson managed Hearts one of the biggest clubs in Scotland with Levein overseeing everything. I personally think Jim McIntyre would have achieved every bit as much success at Hearts as Robbie Neilson did. 

I also don't think he'd have failed at MK Dons in the way Neilson did. That has to be a concern ?

McIntyre has always managed in his own right and been successful. Neilson had an experienced and capable  manager like Levein for guidance and help.

I'm hoping we get better than either 

One of the main things to take on board with Jim McIntyre is the number of players brought to Ross County during his tenure that caused a lack of continuity. Roy McGregor and his bottomless pickets of money helped him out.  

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks StuD.  The management team of Graham Potter and Billy Reid  might be worth looking at.  Some similarities with Jack Ross and Strong Community Buy In.  Rapid promotions over the past few years.  Situation at their club might encourage them to move.. Maybe not. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter

Potter would be a fantastic appointment, but it won't happen, if he leaves Sweden it'll be for an English team. 

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Potter would be a fantastic appointment, but it won't happen, if he leaves Sweden it'll be for an English team. 

Read that Swansea are interested in Graham Potter.  Surely John Potter isn’t being quoted as a serious contender for our job?:shockaroony

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yeah, possibly Ricky. There's certainly a kind of parallel. 

I love some of the speculation on here. Some of it's really wild but one of the things that hasn't been mentioned is that when you are manager of club going through a fan ownership process it can be a lot more complicated for a manager than just keeping a board or a chairman happy. There sometimes has to be an understanding that the remit could be a lot wider whether it is getting involved with work in the community, or whether it's simply in meeting with fans on a regular basis. I'm not sure how keen the likes of Billy Davies, or even Paul Lambert would be to put themselves so out there for personal criticism. 

I've been told John Kennedy is getting it anyway. Kennedy's highly respected, and trusted completely by Brendan Rodgers and I know Kieran Tierney credits him with a lot of his progress. Certainly there are worse names out there.  

16 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

One of the main things to take on board with Jim McIntyre is the number of players brought to Ross County during his tenure that caused a lack of continuity. Roy McGregor and his bottomless pickets of money helped him out.  

The same thing happened with Derek Adams and look at the job he's doing at Plymouth as well as Ross County. I think McGregor is the common denominator here ?

25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Bookies favourite for the swansea job

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

Yeah, possibly Ricky. There's certainly a kind of parallel. 

I love some of the speculation on here. Some of it's really wild but one of the things that hasn't been mentioned is that when you are manager of club going through a fan ownership process it can be a lot more complicated for a manager than just keeping a board or a chairman happy. There sometimes has to be an understanding that the remit could be a lot wider whether it is getting involved with work in the community, or whether it's simply in meeting with fans on a regular basis. I'm not sure how keen the likes of Billy Davies, or even Paul Lambert would be to put themselves so out there for personal criticism. 

I've been told John Kennedy is getting it anyway. Kennedy's highly respected, and trusted completely by Brendan Rodgers and I know Kieran Tierney credits him with a lot of his progress. Certainly there are worse names out there.  

Who told you Kennedy was getting it, reliable source? I think if true could be an interesting appointment. 

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Who told you Kennedy was getting it, reliable source? I think if true could be an interesting appointment. 

I don't think I've got any "reliable" sources. But I would say it was a good source - not related to St Mirren in any way. 

2 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Henrik Larsson has entered the betting list on various sites. 

Also believe this is 100% true but one side is more keen than the other. Still, if he was to be interviewed next week, I'd think he's got as much a chance as anyone. 

Was he not the manager when Helsingborg got relegated?  Every manager has skeletons lurking in the closet.

1 minute ago, StuD said:

I don't think I've got any "reliable" sources. But I would say it was a good source - not related to St Mirren in any way. 

So someone with no connection to the club, therefore presumably no inside info, has told you Kennedy will get it. Don't think I'll be rushing to the bookies. 

At this point can I chuck in the same name I always do. Stephen Kenny. The job he has done at Dundalk is nothing short of incredible and for those who get all snobbish about the league of Ireland, Dundalk have been more successful in Europe than a number of the top clubs in the Scottish Premiership in recent seasons, on a far smaller operating budget. 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So someone with no connection to the club, therefore presumably no inside info, has told you Kennedy will get it. Don't think I'll be rushing to the bookies. 

All I can say is I'm not a gambler but I did. It might be a load of shite but it does seem "convenient" that the recruitment process seems to be targeted to end around the date he's due back in the country.