New Manager Latest Odds

6 minutes ago, StuD said:

To highlight the fact that I'm always right. I first suggested Kenny for the job when Gus MacPherson left St Mirren - and I knew his name was amongst the applicants. Since then Kenny has won three League Of Ireland Premiership titles with Dundalk, got Derry City promoted as Champions of the Irish First Division, won three League of Ireland Cup Finals, one with Derry and two with Dundalk, the Leinster Senior Cup twice with Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk, the Presidents Cup with Dundalk, the PFIA Manager of the Year 3 times, Irish Tatler Man of the Year once, Phillips Sports Manager of the year once, and RTE Sports Manager of the Year once. And his team Dundalk became the first ever Irish side to win points in the Europa League. 

I was ridiculed each and every time for suggesting Kenny however since then St Mirren have gone through 6 managers, been relegated, hit their lowest league position in decades narrowly survived relegation to tier three. Ross restored some pride in Paisley, but the point should be patently clear by now. Stephen Kenny would have been a fantastic choice for a club like St Mirren. 

Kenny won't get it this time either. The various St Mirren boards have always been hard of thinking.

John Kennedy will be appointed manager next week. He'll be a decent choice. 

:lol::happyclapper

Classic Comedy Routine - you should be on Dave!

24 minutes ago, StuD said:

If I was Stephen Kenny's agent Sunderland would have him in charge right now gearing up for a spectacular season, and St Mirren would still be stuck with Jack Ross. 

So in your opinion Jack Ross is not equipped for a job the size of Sunderland but a guy whose biggest club management job to date was Dunfermline (who he got relegated), would be?! 

I like the idea of Kenny,  but shut up. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So in your opinion Jack Ross is not equipped for a job the size of Sunderland but a guy whose biggest club management job to date was Dunfermline (who he got relegated), would be?! 

I like the idea of Kenny,  but shut up. :lol:

Absolutely. Kenny is a winner. The proof is in his list of achievements. 17 trophies won before his 46th birthday and yet another league championship likely this year - not just with one big club with one of the largest wage budgets in their division, but across 7 truly unfashionable clubs. Ross done OK at yo-yo club St Mirren getting the club back to where most Scottish Football fans would think the club belongs - he got Alloa - the 2nd richest part time club in Scotland relegated and they weren't likely to win League One when Ross ran away. 

Kenny would have been perfect for a club like Sunderland. Ross is just a poor, diddy appointment. 

Edited by StuD

1 hour ago, StuD said:

I've no idea. Over the years he's been linked strongly with a number of clubs in England but whether that was because he was applying for the post, or whether it was because some people had just put his name out there is anyones guess. 

If I was on a football club board looking to recruit a manager he'd be one of the names at the top of my shortlist whether he's applied or not. 

Even the so called "Dunfermline fiasco" saw him take The Pars to a Scottish Cup Final, into Europe for the first time since the 60's and he took them to the Challenge Cup Final as well. He was only manager at Dunfermline for 13 months! 

Anyway, what the f**k am I doing. I've got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott and Fitzpatrick! 

This will make up for the money you lost betting against Jack becoming Sunderland manager then -zzzzzzzzzzzz

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This will make up for the money you lost betting against Jack becoming Sunderland manager then -zzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not a gambler. Is there a bookie that takes bets like that? I fancy putting big money on Zidane not becoming St Mirren manager. :rolleyes: 

Edited by StuD

47 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'm not a gambler. Is there a bookie that takes bets like that? I fancy putting big money on Zidane not becoming St Mirren manager. :rolleyes: 

Ive got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott andFitzpatrick!        you really are in total conflict with yourself arent u :lol: 

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ive got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott andFitzpatrick!        you really are in total conflict with yourself arent u :lol: 

Nope, not in the slightest. Apart from the fact that it's not a gamble betting on John Kennedy to be the new St Mirren manager - I'm also not a gambler, in the same way that my Mum isn't a gambler, but might place the odd bet on the Grand National or The Derby. 

You though are not very good at what you are trying to do. You're a bit too dull, a bit too predictable and a bit too repetitive to be a decent troll. Keep trying. One day you might just be good enough to lace St Ricky's boots.  

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

Nope, not in the slightest. Apart from the fact that it's not a gamble betting on John Kennedy to be the new St Mirren manager - I'm also not a gambler, in the same way that my Mum isn't a gambler, but might place the odd bet on the Grand National or The Derby. 

You though are not very good at what you are trying to do. You're a bit too dull, a bit too predictable and a bit too repetitive to be a decent troll. Keep trying. One day you might just be good enough to lace St Ricky's boots.  

I will never reach ur ability to troll. Because i dont troll. Why would on my own clubs forum. ? U on the other hand. Always the victim.......  not realising that u print such total pish. Sunderland forum needs ur positive print or did u get thrown off that one to. Amusing the majority on here.  But hey just keep doing what u always do on here. Obviously works for u..... i read ur posts and have a little chuckle at your incomprehension to what self contradiction is. 

5 hours ago, StuD said:

Absolutely. Kenny is a winner. The proof is in his list of achievements. 17 trophies won before his 46th birthday and yet another league championship likely this year - not just with one big club with one of the largest wage budgets in their division, but across 7 truly unfashionable clubs. Ross done OK at yo-yo club St Mirren getting the club back to where most Scottish Football fans would think the club belongs - he got Alloa - the 2nd richest part time club in Scotland relegated and they weren't likely to win League One when Ross ran away. 

Kenny would have been perfect for a club like Sunderland. Ross is just a poor, diddy appointment. 

End of the day though, you're talking about an admittedly talented manager who has made an entire career in a league, which if I'm being generous, is the level of our League 1. This isn't me being condescending...both LOI representatives (who were upper midtable sides the previous season) were spanked out of the challenge cup this season by Elgin City and a Falkirk team who couldn't string two passes together at that point in time. 

Talented as Kenny may be, he's operating at a significantly inferior level to the one St. Mirren are at and have been at previously, Jack Ross has considerably more success at this level. A level where Kenny failed terribly in his only stint. 

I'm on board enough with him getting another shot at Scottish football as he's probably good enough to do so but your assertion that he's cut out for Sunderland because he's won LOI titles but Jack Ross isn't because he hasn't, is at best skewed logic and at worst, gibberish. 

Edited by djchapsticks

6 hours ago, StuD said:

To highlight the fact that I'm always right. I first suggested Kenny for the job when Gus MacPherson left St Mirren - and I knew his name was amongst the applicants. Since then Kenny has won three League Of Ireland Premiership titles with Dundalk, got Derry City promoted as Champions of the Irish First Division, won three League of Ireland Cup Finals, one with Derry and two with Dundalk, the Leinster Senior Cup twice with Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk, the Presidents Cup with Dundalk, the PFIA Manager of the Year 3 times, Irish Tatler Man of the Year once, Phillips Sports Manager of the year once, and RTE Sports Manager of the Year once. And his team Dundalk became the first ever Irish side to win points in the Europa League. 

I was ridiculed each and every time for suggesting Kenny however since then St Mirren have gone through 6 managers, been relegated, hit their lowest league position in decades narrowly survived relegation to tier three. Ross restored some pride in Paisley, but the point should be patently clear by now. Stephen Kenny would have been a fantastic choice for a club like St Mirren. 

Kenny won't get it this time either. The various St Mirren boards have always been hard of thinking.

John Kennedy will be appointed manager next week. He'll be a decent choice. 

I'm glad to see you are even with your facts again. Why completely miss out that the next manager after Gus was the first ever Saints boss to lead us to the League Cup and our first major silverware for 26 years?

I'm glad to see you are even with your facts again. Why completely miss out that the next manager after Gus was the first ever Saints boss to lead us to the League Cup and our first major silverware for 26 years?

We also finished in our highest league position in 30 years.

Stephen Kenny took Dunfermline down then had them struggling in the lower league!

He proved he couldn’t hack it in Scotland!

7 hours ago, StuD said:

To go with their diddy owner.

Edited by pod

6 hours ago, StuD said:

You though are not very good at what you are trying to do. You're a bit too dull, a bit too predictable and a bit too repetitive to be a decent troll. Keep trying. One day you might just be good enough to be like me.

Bet he doesn't.

9 hours ago, StuD said:

Anyway, what the f**k am I doing. I've got money on John Kennedy. Get it sorted Scott and Fitzpatrick! 

But, but....you said it already was!

I stuck my house, wife, weans, and car on it on the back of your confirmation:(