New Manager Latest Odds

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

End of the day though, you're talking about an admittedly talented manager who has made an entire career in a league, which if I'm being generous, is the level of our League 1. This isn't me being condescending...both LOI representatives (who were upper midtable sides the previous season) were spanked out of the challenge cup this season by Elgin City and a Falkirk team who couldn't string two passes together at that point in time. 

Talented as Kenny may be, he's operating at a significantly inferior level to the one St. Mirren are at and have been at previously, Jack Ross has considerably more success at this level. A level where Kenny failed terribly in his only stint. 

I'm on board enough with him getting another shot at Scottish football as he's probably good enough to do so but your assertion that he's cut out for Sunderland because he's won LOI titles but Jack Ross isn't because he hasn't, is at best skewed logic and at worst, gibberish. 

Wow these last few years really have passed me by. How many points did St Mirren get in the Europa League?

15 minutes ago, StuD said:

Wow these last few years really have passed me by. How many points did St Mirren get in the Europa League?

Again, a very decent achievement but are you really going to use that as a barometer? 

Paolo Sergio, a man who has openly applied for the St. Mirren job has a champions league victory over Manchester Utd to his credit as Cluj manager. An isolated result at a higher level proves heehaw. 

Fact is that we play a higher level of football week on week than any LOI side. Jack Ross may or may not be capable of the Sunderland gig. You arguing so vehemently that he isnt whilst saying Stephen Kenny would be makes no sense. 

Edited by djchapsticks

27 minutes ago, StuD said:

St. Mirren weren't in the Europa League so your point is irrelevant.

Stephen Kenny operates in a far inferior league. He got the chance to prove his worth in Scotland and failed.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Again, a very decent achievement but are you really going to use that as a barometer? 

Paolo Sergio, a man who has openly applied for the St. Mirren job has a champions league victory over Manchester Utd to his credit as Cluj manager. An isolated result at a higher level proves heehaw. 

Fact is that we play a higher level of football week on week than any LOI side. Jack Ross may or may not be capable of the Sunderland gig. You arguing so vehemently that he isnt whilst saying Stephen Kenny would be makes no sense. 

Ofcourse it makes sense. Jack Ross won one promotion in his career. Nothing else. He had many signing failures. And the sole honour he won was with a side with the secong biggest wage buget in a league where office workers were their opponents.

Stephen Kenny had 16 trophies with loads of clubs all of the unfashionable, unfancied, and operating on a smaller budget than their rivals. Hes going for four in a row in Ireland this year. Even his "disasterous 13 months at Dunfermline" saw a Scottish Cup Final, a Challenge Cup Final and qualification for Europe all way before Rangers went bust too.  Ofcourse Id rather have Stephen Kenny.

1 minute ago, StuD said:

Ofcourse it makes sense. Jack Ross won one promotion in his career. Nothing else. He had many signing failures. And the sole honour he won was with a side with the secong biggest wage buget in a league where office workers were their opponents.

Stephen Kenny had 16 trophies with loads of clubs all of the unfashionable, unfancied, and operating on a smaller budget than their rivals. Hes going for four in a row in Ireland this year. Even his "disasterous 13 months at Dunfermline" saw a Scottish Cup Final, a Challenge Cup Final and qualification for Europe all way before Rangers went bust too.  Ofcourse Id rather have Stephen Kenny.

Can you prove that?

40 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Jack Ross confirming in today's Evening Times that he has been in contact with the club a lot this week to help find the right man to take the club forward.  He won't pick the new manager that's down to the club. 

One could be forgiven for thinking he and the club are actually on very good terms, and that the fans on social media calling him a snake are batshit mental...

I posted on here on Saturday that I had, on good authority who the next manager might be,  an ITK tip.
A cousin of Mickey Mellon told me that MM had applied for the job and, when my post appeared on here, all you wanted to do was talk about inland to coastal waterways.

Not seen Micky mentioned anywhere. How likely is this.?

14 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I posted on here on Saturday that I had, on good authority who the next manager might be,  an ITK tip.

A cousin of Mickey Mellon told me that MM had applied for the job and, when my post appeared on here, all you wanted to do was talk about inland to coastal waterways.

Wasn't that in referrence to the tidal wave of applications for the job. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Who, Mickey Mellon??? .....a melon?

We don't want a melon or a lemon, we want someone who uses their nut, but not another peanut.

Lets face it, you have to be a bit of fruitloop to take on the St Mirren job.

Boaby. No.. that was in relation to another post by pod. Any football manager position requires a special type of person, that's for sure.