New Manager Latest Odds

McIntyre and Neilson to be interviewed next week?  Why has this taken so long? A quick glance at the newspapers shows that other clubs are getting on with signing players for next season. We're falling behind in that area, especially as it's now clear we need a number of players brought in. While I appreciate that the board needs to be sure to get the right man, the leading candidates have been obvious for some time. Could the board not have moved a bit faster?

Just now, Ethan said:

Livingston considering Hartson. I would take a punt on him before McIntyre.

I've already stated that I think that Hartson will become the next Livi "manager".

He's already at Livi and may well be interested in being the front man which allows things to continue as they are..... 

I also predict that Hopkin won't "manage" again.

So Hopkin has missed out on that Shrewsbury job and the Morton one gone as well.

People complain about JR's lack of loyalty. Thats nothing on the scale of Hopkins lack of loyalty to Livi. He's not even got a club to go to and he couldn't get away from Livi quick enough. Maybe he's bought into his own hype.

I hope GLS is taking note and goes nowhere near him. The first sniff of anything slightly better and he would be off.

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

So Hopkin has missed out on that Shrewsbury job and the Morton one gone as well.

People complain about JR's lack of loyalty. Thats nothing on the scale of Hopkins lack of loyalty to Livi. He's not even got a club to go to and he couldn't get away from Livi quick enough. Maybe he's bought into his own hype.

I hope GLS is taking note and goes nowhere near him. The first sniff of anything slightly better and he would be off.

I don't believe Hopkin went of his own accord and I don't believe he will ever "manage" another club again.

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

Too many of these 'candidates' strike me as no more than unemployed opportunist cuckoos just looking to cream a few quid for their bank account from any club dumb and desperate enough to take them on. I don't think employing an 'out of work' manager is the correct approach. They are probably out of work for a reason. ........, that being, they are no bloody good.

A bit harsh Boaby. Think Derek McInness at Aberdeen. Both of these are young guys with something to prove and bills to pay. They will be hungry for success.

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

Do explain, I am curious as to why you think this?

Cos I think that the assistant manager at Livi is actually the guy in charge of not only the team but also the club.

Hopkin was just a front.

I speculate that he asked for a pay rise and Livi decided they could get another front cheaper.

Simply observing the Livi bench at games, seeing who was barking out instructions, making substitutions and, tellingly, who was disappearing up the tunnel for periods while the game was ongoing and then reappearing without anyone notcing or caring said it all to me.

4 minutes ago, zico said:

Cos I think that the assistant manager at Livi is actually the guy in charge of not only the team but also the club.

Hopkin was just a front.

I speculate that he asked for a pay rise and Livi decided they could get another front cheaper.

Simply observing the Livi bench at games, seeing who was barking out instructions, making substitutions and, tellingly, who was disappearing up the tunnel for periods while the game was ongoing and then reappearing without anyone notcing or caring said it all to me.

That all sounds pretty weird.... I have seen a few folk comment on similar things hence I was wondering whats actually going on there. 

Well I want him no where near our club!

21 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Both useless.

Well...firstly..neither might be appointed. It would be great to bring in someone who, like JR has come off the back of a successful season at an existing club but easier said than done. Some Scandinavian input might be good.

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Well...firstly..neither might be appointed. It would be great to bring in someone who, like JR has come off the back of a successful season at an existing club but easier said than done. Some Scandinavian input might be good.

Personally I'm sick of self assembly flat pack nonsense, economical maybe, but lacking quality in depth. Be warned

16 minutes ago, zico said:

Hopkin was just a front.

Lol , our assistant  just sat in the dug out. Not he was on the side lines barcking orders like a lot of assistants do. 

26 minutes ago, zico said:

Hopkin was just a front.

That's some conclusion you've drawn just based on observations like that :lol:

I'm sure he'll manage again. I just hope it's not at St Mirren.

Too many of these 'candidates' strike me as no more than unemployed opportunist cuckoos just looking to cream a few quid for their bank account from any club dumb and desperate enough to take them on. I don't think employing an 'out of work' manager is the correct approach. They are probably out of work for a reason. ........, that being, they are no bloody good.
This. [emoji3]