New Manager Latest Odds

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

but is it the one our friend would give his right bawsack to see get the Sunderland job?

Technical point for clarification....

Does one have a left and right bawsack, or would it best be described as one bawsack with left and right compartments?

I strongly believe we should be told.

28 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

That's some conclusion you've drawn just based on observations like that :lol:

I'm sure he'll manage again. I just hope it's not at St Mirren.

My "conclusion" wasn't drawn on the observation. I made my observation after I was told what was happening.

A quick google of their assistant manager should set alarm bells ringing.

Edited by zico

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Guti is third favourite for the Real Madrid job, behind Wenger and Pochettino. Not a chance is he interested in us.

Stop talking the club down!<_<

Are you Dickson in disguise?

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

McIntyre and Neilson to be interviewed next week?  Why has this taken so long? A quick glance at the newspapers shows that other clubs are getting on with signing players for next season. We're falling behind in that area, especially as it's now clear we need a number of players brought in. While I appreciate that the board needs to be sure to get the right man, the leading candidates have been obvious for some time. Could the board not have moved a bit faster?

Have to make sure we don't take on someone that we will be putting on garden leave in January. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Lol , our assistant  just sat in the dug out. Not he was on the side lines barcking orders like a lot of assistants do. 

Not while the manager sat in the dugout and disappeared up the tunnel during games. :rolleyes:

I also don't think that our assistant manager had the background of theirs....

Hopkin even disappeared up the tunnel in the last minute of the play off first leg, caught on camera.

Edited by zico

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

McIntyre and Neilson to be interviewed next week?  Why has this taken so long? A quick glance at the newspapers shows that other clubs are getting on with signing players for next season. We're falling behind in that area, especially as it's now clear we need a number of players brought in. While I appreciate that the board needs to be sure to get the right man, the leading candidates have been obvious for some time. Could the board not have moved a bit faster?

So who are we falling behind exactly ?   Who are all these clubs we are losing ground to ?   

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So who are we falling behind exactly ?   Who are all these clubs we are losing ground to ?   

Dundee United I guess, the ones in a different league :lol:

Don't know what's going on with the knickerwetters. We have a head of recruitment (presuming he hasn't gone with Jack, not seen anything to suggest so) and that man will be weighing up all the players recently released from their clubs. We are better prepared this time round.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Well said. The contracts of many players only ended yesterday.  Haven't seen much action from any premier team other than Rangers and Livvie.  Better to bring the right man in than rush ahead and end up with egg on our face.  I would add that we have brought in 2 new squad players to date.

Edited by nedflanders123

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/alan-stubbs-gary-caldwell-set-12634438

So going by this from the PDE, we're looking at one of Caldwell, Stubbs, Neilson, McIntyre and Oran Kearney from Coleraine. Haven't had a chance to find out much about Kearney, the rest all have positives and negatives.

Probably still Neilson for me. Unless there's any truth in the Guti stuff, which would be fun if nothing else.

3 hours ago, zico said:

I've already stated that I think that Hartson will become the next Livi "manager".

He's already at Livi and may well be interested in being the front man which allows things to continue as they are..... 

I also predict that Hopkin won't "manage" again.

This will be your epitaph:lol:

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/alan-stubbs-gary-caldwell-set-12634438

So going by this from the PDE, we're looking at one of Caldwell, Stubbs, Neilson, McIntyre and Oran Kearney from Coleraine. Haven't had a chance to find out much about Kearney, the rest all have positives and negatives.

Probably still Neilson for me. Unless there's any truth in the Guti stuff, which would be fun if nothing else.

I still think there is some milage in MM getting the gig , must be. . Stubbs ffs. .:P

ETA : looking at that picture Robbie stands out because he looks like he has been drawn through a hedge backwards or maybe has stumbled out of some rehab programme . The dapper Mr Ross just never looked like that. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Guti has expressed an interest in the managerial vacancy at St Mirren. Is that like me expressing an interest in the boyfriend vacancy wi’ Kylie Minogue?

No.

It's like Kylie wanting to be your girlfriend because she's heard you have an impressive boaby. However, when she actually meets you............................:P