New Manager Latest Odds

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Worth hearing what he has to say.  Lives locally. 

I didn't realise living locally made you a good football manager. Just need to remind TF that McCoist was best pals with Davie Cooper and I doubt he'll get the job. 

Budget comment from Neilson has put me right off him. Can you imagine the interview , Robbie here is the budget x x x what do you think ? Bottom six guys. That is probably reality but are you seriously wanting a manager going into the dressing room telling the players that 10th place should be looked upon as amazing successful.  Do you really think that's what our board want to hear.  I don' think so. 
What did Neilson actually say last week about the budget???

My Morton supporting mate sent me the link of the podcast of him on Radio Scotland (he was raging about Duffy slagging Morton) but thought I might be interested in what Neilson had to say, unfortunately not had the time to listen to it.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

I didn't realise living locally made you a good football manager. Just need to remind TF that McCoist was best pals with Davie Cooper and I doubt he'll get the job. 

If we learn from our mistakes... he has made many... worth a conversation.. no commitment

I think if there is a 1% chance of getting Guti we should just go for it as I believe we will struggle big time with all the names mentioned so imo I would rather have the drama of St Mirren being managed by a world famous player than a diddy like Alan Stubbs.

I googled the Irish guy Kearney earlier on and listened to an interview he had done, sounded like he knew what he was doing, a bit like JR, obviously not as good as JR... Jack, why did you have to leave us, we'll change, anything to have you back... 

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I googled the Irish guy Kearney earlier on and listened to an interview he had done, sounded like he knew what he was doing, a bit like JR, obviously not as good as JR... Jack, why did you have to leave us, we'll change, anything to have you back... 

Looks like some effort last season, I'd expect the likes of Cliftonville, Crusaders and Linfied to be aiming for the title more than anyone else. Coleraine ran Crusaders close while the others were miles off and finished behind Glenavon too. Add in the Northern Irish Cup to that too, what a season.

Does anyone here have decent knowledge of Northern Irish football to inform us where the budget of Coleraine would compare in the season just finished to the other sides in that league? Was this a top notch effort or did Coleraine gain some investment from somewhere?

8 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

On our wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......were on our wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

alcohol kicking in...but i dont care....:D

Every time I'm out and about and "Kungs-This Girl" comes on I start singing Super Stelios if that makes you feel better. I do it in work too and my manager ends up humming along to the tune :lol:

The "Will Grigg song" came on the radio in the car this evening so naturally I started singing the Will Grigg edition. I really want us to sign him, just for that reason alone. If we can get Guti we can get Grigg...

19 minutes ago, Hendo said:

He's the son in law of Kenny Sheils, he's also getting a big reputation over in NI and is being tipped heavily to become the next 

Linfield manager, heard this from my Cliftonville supporting cousin.

2 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

He's the son in law of Kenny Sheils, he's also getting a big reputation over in NI and is being tipped heavily to become the next 

Linfield manager, heard this from my Cliftonville supporting cousin.

The only reservation is that managers from the Irish leagues tend to struggle here, Fenlon, Kenny etc. 

4 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Rodgers, Lennon, Robinson, Wright

NI managers in the SPFL Premiership seem to be doing alright right now

They’ve all come from an English football background though.

He’s certainly an interesting candidate, although not sure what the standard is like in the NI League. I see half his team play Gaelic Fitba! 

According to Margo Gaffney Bookmakers former Celtic player and current Scotland U-17 coach Brian McLaughlin is now favourite at 6/4

Others:

Jon Whitney 5/1

Nicos Panayiotou 6/1

Roland Schaack 8/1

Mark Yates 10/1

Cortez Belle 25/1

Edited by Flareybob

I bumped into a buddie last week who mentioned Oran Kearney, I said "who?", he then mentioned the team he is currently in charge of again I said "who?" He said exactly.

He then said he was being heavily tipped/recommended by Michael O'Neil.

To be entirely fair Zico, he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he could do, so difficult for either of us to press the case too strongly. 

Other than the fact that we finished lower than we were when he took over

Anyone would think that the Jack Ross move took the board completely by surprise. If the press articles are to be believed you'd have to question why they hadn't already been sounding out contacts to see what targets they should be going after. Surely they didn't just sit around waiting on applications to arrive. I'd hope that they already know their man and that he just happens to be on holiday currently. 

I don't think that is his role Bud. Looking at his job description, I think he has to identify likely targets for the manager. It would be bonkers if it was down to a separate entity to recruit players and say to the manager, that's who you've got to work with. that just wouldn't work. Surely?    Just my thoughts.

• St Mirren FC

Head of Recruitment    Martin Christie.

St Mirren FC
    December 2017 – Present (7 months)Paisley, United Kingdom

Head of Player Recruitment at St Mirren FC
    Responsibilities include:
    Build and manage scouting department.
    Ensure scheduling allows club targets to be watched and reported on sufficiently.
    Regular meetings with 1st team coaching staff to update on player recruitment progress.
    To have a good understanding of the best players being released from academy's north and south of the border supplement 1st team or Under 20 playing squad.
    Have awareness of the best players playing in Scottish Championship, League 1 and 2 and for them to be monitored over a period of a minimum 5/6 games with different eyes on them.
    Good relationship with agents and ability to get ahead of the game with players who may be available for loan and find out if financially viable.
    Database where information can be stored and viewed showing KPI's of potential signings.
    Having a good and trustful relationship with all club staff so everyone working together to help achieve our targets and goals with discretion.

Anyone would think that the Jack Ross move took the board completely by surprise. If the press articles are to be believed you'd have to question why they hadn't already been sounding out contacts to see what targets they should be going after. Surely they didn't just sit around waiting on applications to arrive. I'd hope that they already know their man and that he just happens to be on holiday currently. 
Come on Stuart. Northstbuddie used this to slag the club about a week ago. Can you not find something more obscure but original to have a go about?

Your standards are slipping.

5 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Come on Stuart. Northstbuddie used this to slag the club about a week ago. Can you not find something more obscure but original to have a go about?

Your standards are slipping.

It's still early in the morning. 

To be honest I'm not having a go - just that I do suspect that the target is on holiday and that the situation is a bit like the Ipswich one with Hurst where a number of applicants are being spun out while the club wait on the real target (John Kennedy) 

26 minutes ago, StuD said:

I wouldn't read too much into whos been shortlisted and whos been linked. Guti for instance being linked, is pie in the sky as far as im concerned. Im fairly confident that the club already had managers in thought, though are sifting through all the applications to see if there is additional candidates out of work. The board still needs to weigh up the best options and narrow it down to their preferred candidiates to take to the next stage.