New Manager Latest Odds

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, FTOF said:

TF states that we will take at least a week to get all the CV's in and then we will start to go through them. There has been no short list drawn up.

Apparently this is the procedure that was followed before the  last appointment.

Gregg Ryder, former assistant boss at IBV (Íþróttabandalag Vestmannaeyja)  in Iceland,  who has just left Throttur Rekyjavik, where he was the manager for four years, is keen to talk to us apparently. Former coach at Newcastle. 30 years old.

https://is.linkedin.com/in/gregg-ryder-92a0a653

Certainly a more interesting option with some potential, compared to the tired list of candidates that is kicking around just now.

:whistle

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Hi Stu. And a very good afternoon to u from Bucharest. Its 30c and beautiful blue skies. Just going for a stroll with my gorgeous missus. Oh the question. Pretty sure we lost to the eventual winners in 1988. However just to add. Its slightly harder to qualify for Europe in Scotland. Now i could be wrong here. But i dont think Kennys budget is dwarfed by OF giants or indeed a Hibs Hearts or Aberdeen. My point is Kenny i am sure is the man for the job when he is playing against Irish villages but as shown struggles against rather large city clubs. But again all this is my opinion and its the new BOD that got shot of Rae and appointed Jack that i will abide. As they say the rest is all background noise.  But opinions make the world go round dont they

They do - however I was referring to Dunfermline qualifying for Europe in 2007-8 whilst under the guidance of Stephen Kenny. You know the "disastrous" period where he only got Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final and the Challenge Cup Final and managed to get Dunfermline back into the race for survival, only missing out because Gus McPhersons St Mirren team rescued a 3-2 win against Motherwell coming back from 2-0 down. Fine margins, but for all Kenny is deemed a failure in Scotland, he did not too bad during a period when Rangers and Celtic were spending really big money

Song for GLS and the BOD

Your'e the One That I Want

But who is that man?

StuD believes its John Kennedy. 

Whoever gets the job, the board will have taken it's time to consider all of the options.

They have done well in picking people so far ... so I have faith in them repeating that trick and getting the man that they want.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

No problem with Ally McCoist particularly with Kenny Mc Dowall as coach. A few assurances about his approach to bringing young players through from the Academy and a promise not to opine on Rangers while our manager and good to go. He has a damaged reputation and a point to prove. He isn't doing it for the money. In his own way he is box office. He has managed in Scotland and has won promotions. Ticks a lot of boxes for me .

Sally is actually a good guy, too. I've met him and he seems very genuine. (Edit to add: he only wanted to talk about St Mirren, too. He's got a lot of affection for our club.)

If you think through his options, St Mirren would be one of the biggest jobs in Scotland actually available to him, now or in the future.

I'm still hoping there are better candidates out there, but for me McCoist/McDowell wouldn't be the catastrophe that some are making out.

Edited by Magic Monkey

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Song for GLS and the BOD

Your'e the One That I Want

But who is that man?

StuD believes its John Kennedy. 

Whoever gets the job, the board will have taken it's time to consider all of the options.

They have done well in picking people so far ... so I have faith in them repeating that trick and getting the man that they want.

Are you on the wine?     Singing at this time!

Would like to see St Ricky handed responsibility for appointing the new manager.

Don’t worry if you don’t like his choice. There’s a fair chance he’ll appoint another new manager for no reason the following day.

Fine margins, but for all Kenny is deemed a failure in Scotland, he did not too bad during a period when Rangers and Celtic were spending really big money

What relevance does Rangers and Celtic spending big money have to do with the fact that Kenny left Dunfermline fighting to avoid relegation to the 3rd tier?

Dunfermline were massively overspending back then as well by the way, hence why they went into administration.

So, even with the resources of an overspending cheating club, he still managed to fail!

Ally McCoist and Kenny Mad Monk wouldn’t fill me with undue dread, in fact, it could be fun. A relatively unknown name, should they get the gig, would have had to have impressed Fitzy and GLS, so if they were willing to appoint them, then I’d give them a fair go and see... remembering that initially Jack Ross couldn’t achieve results, so everyone needs to give the new bloke or indeed Mrs Bloke, a fair go, whoever they may be.

No, what fills me with an impending sense of doom are the well-kent names that have been around the block a fair bit. It’s all just ‘meh’ for me.

Maybe Robbie Neilson and Jim McIntyre have fire in their belly and a point to prove. Maybe they will want to show what they can do, or maybe they just want a pay packet, anywhere, anytime soon. Fair do’s, we all need to earn a crust. Just hope whoever we appoint isn’t just there to pay their mortgage, and cares a lot.

Guti now home in Madrid tucking into quality paella, washed down with a quality Rioja, and telling his pals about Asda’s range of patatas bravas and wee mini blinis..... shame, he could have been the one.

Edited by pozbaird

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Would like to see St Ricky handed responsibility for appointing the new manager.

Don’t worry if you don’t like his choice. There’s a fair chance he’ll appoint another new manager for no reason the following day.

Stu. I don't envy the board one little bit on this.  Almost impossible to please all of us. We did, of course, have a manager who lasted only for a matter of hours.  And no,  I had nothing to do with that choice either. 

1 hour ago, StuD said:

They do - however I was referring to Dunfermline qualifying for Europe in 2007-8 whilst under the guidance of Stephen Kenny. You know the "disastrous" period where he only got Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final and the Challenge Cup Final and managed to get Dunfermline back into the race for survival, only missing out because Gus McPhersons St Mirren team rescued a 3-2 win against Motherwell coming back from 2-0 down. Fine margins, but for all Kenny is deemed a failure in Scotland, he did not too bad during a period when Rangers and Celtic were spending really big money

Stephen Kenny, Stephen Kenny, Stephen Kenny.  Kenny noa give it a bloody rest.  You have no chance with him, he's already got a fella.......

Image result for stephen kenny football kissing

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ally McCoist and Kenny Mad Monk wouldn’t fill me with undue dread, in fact, it could be fun. A relatively unknown name, should they get the gig, would have had to have impressed Fitzy and GLS, so if they were willing to appoint them, then I’d give them a fair go and see... remembering that initially Jack Ross couldn’t achieve results, so everyone needs to give the new bloke or indeed Mrs Bloke, a fair go, whoever they may be.

No, what fills me with an impending sense of doom are the well-kent names that have been around the block a fair bit. It’s all just ‘meh’ for me.

Maybe Robbie Neilson and Jim McIntyre have fire in their belly and a point to prove. Maybe they will want to show what they can do, or maybe they just want a pay packet, anywhere, anytime soon. Fair do’s, we all need to earn a crust. Just hope whoever we appoint isn’t just there to pay their mortgage, and cares a lot.

Guti now home in Madrid tucking into quality paella, washed down with a quality Rioja, and telling his pals about Asda’s range of patatas bravas and wee mini blinis..... shame, he could have been the one.

Any of the old lags in this bag will have a mixed CV or else they’d be in employment at a level well (sic) above Saints. At least guys like McIntyre & Neilson have some success to refer back to.

Eminem presided over 2 first round exits in Europe and a first round exit to Falkirk in the LC before imploding in the league, albeit in difficult circumstances. Their time in the diddy divisions was with the exception of the 2013/14 unbeaten title win not impressive (and even that is arguable) if they get the gig it would fill me with dollops of dread. 

File them in the bucket beside Potter & Kennedy.

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Stephen Kenny . A man who has found his level in the League of Ireland and has won the grand total of f**k ALL elsewhere . 

Good call.....again !! 

Yes Callum again bringing facts to the table......:lol:

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

McCoist is a large shareholder in TRFC,,,conflict of interest ( in vogue)..???

If he still holds them.... Hopkin.....Morton..was also quoted on here. ...but I think you are referring to the utterances from one Dave King... Best ignored. 

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

In preference to the guy who forced their resignations in 2014/15 when Hearts ran away with the division (on a far smaller budget)?

JS62587854.jpg

I wouldn't go that far.  We seem to have a decent quality of applicants. 

3 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

Another name into the mix now....Bruno Ribeiro. Ex Port Vale, close pal of Mourinho

No, no and finally no. My family support Vale and he royally f**ked them up with a bunch of poor Portuguese players who cost a fortune to get rid off.