New Manager Latest Odds

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I wouldn't go that far.  We seem to have a decent quality of applicants. 

Unless I've whooshed myself that's a picture of Robbie Nielsen who forced Eminem's resignations in 2014/15 when Hearts ran away with the Championship - which (as I was saying) makes him a far better option then Eminem. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, StuD said:

They do - however I was referring to Dunfermline qualifying for Europe in 2007-8 whilst under the guidance of Stephen Kenny. You know the "disastrous" period where he only got Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final and the Challenge Cup Final and managed to get Dunfermline back into the race for survival, only missing out because Gus McPhersons St Mirren team rescued a 3-2 win against Motherwell coming back from 2-0 down. Fine margins, but for all Kenny is deemed a failure in Scotland, he did not too bad during a period when Rangers and Celtic were spending really big money

33 games. 5 wins. 

Facts don't lie. 

Irony is that you bleat about 'fake news' yet are trying to somehow spin Kenny's time in Scotland as something it clearly wasn't. No one remembers or frankly cares about beaten cup finalists. They look at results when all is said and done and Kenny had the struggling to stay afloat in the second tier. 

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:

No, no and finally no. My family support Vale and he royally f**ked them up with a bunch of poor Portuguese players who cost a fortune to get rid off.

Shut up. No-one cares... away back to Madrid, you’re not getting the job. Get over it.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

In preference to the guy who forced their resignations in 2014/15 when Hearts ran away with the division (on a far smaller budget)?

JS62587854.jpg

Me and the wife bumped into Ally one night all I can say is what a brand new guy when he found out I was a Saints fan he talked highly of us. You do know Ally was on our books as a youngster.  The Mad Monk loves us  and is a keep fit fanatic. Not saying they will get the job however I would not be disappointed.  

Me and the wife bumped into Ally one night all I can say is what a brand new guy when he found out I was a Saints fan he talked highly of us. You do know Ally was on our books as a youngster.  The Mad Monk loves us  and is a keep fit fanatic. Not saying they will get the job however I would not be disappointed.  

Yeh, give them the job cos he was brand new to you and your missus [emoji23]

With Lambert, Hopkins and Goodwin dropping out, I think Robbie Neilson is the favourite now by some distance.

He's in the Jack Ross-mould, his teams entertain (96 goals Hearts scored when they won the league) and he has a point to prove after MK Dons.

Most importantly though, he won the Championship and then didn't just thrive in the Premiership, he actually took Hearts into Europe.

Iffy interview (apparently) aside, it's hard to see past him.

Edited by Julian Banjos

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

With Lambert, Hopkins and Goodwin dropping out, I think Robbie Neilson is the favourite now by some distance.

He's in the Jack Ross-mould, his teams entertain (96 goals Hearts scored when they won the league) and he has a point to prove after MK Dons.

Most importantly though, he won the Championship and then didn't just thrive in the Premiership, he actually took Hearts into Europe.

Iffy interview (apparently) aside, it's hard to see past him.

Can't agree with that budget talks summed it up for me Neilson ? Seriously where is ambition  ? Well what is your budget ? No belief in him self Ally and the monk will be a team to be reckoned with. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't agree with that budget talks summed it up for me Neilson ? Seriously where is ambition  ? Well what is your budget ? No belief in him self Ally and the monk will be a team to be reckoned with. 

Bud, you have flogged this horse to death and onto the afterlife on here and on P&B. In the words of Frozen............. :)

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The Neilson nonsense is funny enough as you've been proven wrong on several occasions. 

The advocating of Ally McCoist as St. Mirren manager, however, is unforgivable. 

I’m sure JR will have advised GS of Neilsons capabilities so if he get it fair enough. None of others mentioned fill me with confidence apart from Irish guy who I know nothing about. Why oh why do we have to settle for guys who are mostly unemployed because of failure, I’m pretty certain our new manager will not be one touted by media.

22 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

And where is your ambition? You want to appoint a management duo who couldn't get Sevco out of the Championship and a manager who got paid £3/4m plus a bonus to get Sevco promoted from the 4th tier of Scottish football. Going through the leagues could have been an opportunity for Rangers to use some of their U20s and develop them but instead McCoist signed guys like Templeton and Black from Hearts, Jon Daly the Dundee United captain, Kevin Kyle, Dean Shields etc to buy the 4th tier title! In almost 4 years at the helm who did McCoist bring through and develop and improve from their academy?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy
typo

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Wouldn't me my first choice or even a last choice. He talks a good game but if he can't get Rangers promoted from the championship or win the diddy cup with all those resources at his disposal I wouldn't be too keen on him trying to stop us getting relegated never mind achieving Tony's Dream of premiership glory in 2019.  St Ally, feck that, St Ricky would be a better choice than him.

7 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I'm still hoping there are better candidates out there, but for me McCoist/McDowell wouldn't be the catastrophe that some are making out.

Losing our manager to Sunderland to possibly be taken over by a ex-Sunderland player.  

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Neilson won the Championship for Hearts ahead of Rangers. The budget differential would have been massive.

Stop overthinking it. Neilson has proven before he can do better than those with the bigger cash spend.