New Manager Latest Odds

Alot of Rumours doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter that a (Big Name Manager was close to a deal with us).

One comment was it "would upstage Gerrard for Ibrox" another comment was it would be a "major coup".

Anyone willing to name who it is???

Wouldn’t say he was/is a big time manager the person I’ve been told but a hell of a player when he played in Scotland. Not naming incase it doesn’t happen.

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Where I differ from StuD is I felt reasonably confident that had Jack Ross stayed with us for this is season he would have been fairly successful in recruiting enough decent players to join the squad to get us in with a shout of finishing 8th - 10th. His move to Sunderland has probably scuppered a few of those signings while everyone waits to see who his successor will be. I also think Jack has a fair chance of doing fine at Sunderland. However, as things stands Jack had cleared the decks for a major squad overhaul in the summer but left before much of the rebuilding of the squad was finalised.

God i hate it when someone  (not me) gets it spot on, if only.......:P

3 minutes ago, Naughtius maximus said:

Hold on to your hats boys and girls, the new manager will be a big suprise to most people on here and will be unveiled this thursday or friday depending on when the legal stuff is sorted and i can assure you it will knock your socks off. B)

just wait and see. :whistle

Socks on.  Ready to be knocked off... my socks that is. 

1 minute ago, Naughtius maximus said:

Hold on to your hats boys and girls, the new manager will be a big suprise to most people on here and will be unveiled this thursday or friday depending on when the legal stuff is sorted and i can assure you it will knock your socks off. B)

I'm still going with Joel Cedergren of Sundsvall.

If it isn't Cedergren it'll be Jordi Condom Auli who managed Eupen in Belgium. He should protect us from the dangers of the bottom.

A hell of a player in Scotland imo would have to be an ex old firm player then to be talked about in the way said person is being talked about so my guess would be Laudrup or Larsson??? As they are probably the best 2 old firm players from foreign lands in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

A hell of a player in Scotland imo would have to be an ex old firm player then to be talked about in the way said person is being talked about so my guess would be Laudrup or Larsson??? As they are probably the best 2 old firm players from foreign lands in my lifetime.

Probably the best in all our lifetimes Ronnie.  Both were excellent. 

Didn't Larson manage a team in his home league or have I finally lost it.....probably:)

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Didn't Larson manage a team in his home league or have I finally lost it.....probablyemoji4.png

Was it not his home town team that he started his playing career at??? Helsingborg?????

It was. 

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Probably the best in all our lifetimes Ronnie.  Both were excellent. 

... and Gascoigne. From the foreign land Geordieland. I am sure we faced Deadco in a pre-season friendly at Love Street, and it might even have been Gascoigne’s debut. My memory may be playing tricks, but my recollection is that we rolled up prepared to boo his arse off the field, but it was apparent he was class, and when Deadco substituted him, he received applause from a St Mirren support who recognised quality, no matter the jersey it was wearing.

Can anyone confirm or deny!?

Annnywayyy... my socks may or may not be about to be knocked off, my money is on them remaining resolutely on my feet.

Edited by pozbaird

Cough cough saying nothing [emoji23][emoji23]

47 minutes ago, StuD said:

Absolutely this. I said much the same when he was being touted for the Sunderland job that's too big for him. Ross isn't Fergie, he's not even close. 

The Sunderland job is not too big for Jack Ross. He's a gamble for Sunderland as he's only managed at Scottish Championship level but they will have done their due diligence on him and came to conclusion that he is well capable.

I really don't know how you can say he's not capable. His management record is first class at Alloa and St Mirren. He's hugely regarded by players and coaches alike. Terrific man manager and motivator. All these talents attracted Sunderland.

I personally think Jack Ross will be a huge success at Sunderland.

What more do you think Jack Ross could have achieved ? 

Saints tried to seal the deal on Friday there but there was a stumbling block, hopefully be sorted this week I’m lead to believe.

Saints

198 posts

Posted 17 minutes ago

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Absolutely this. I said much the same when he was being touted for the Sunderland job that's too big for him. Ross isn't Fergie, he's not even close. 

The Sunderland job is not too big for Jack Ross. He's a gamble for Sunderland as he's only managed at Scottish Championship level but they will have done their due diligence on him and came to conclusion that he is well capable.

I really don't know how you can say he's not capable. His management record is first class at Alloa and St Mirren. He's hugely regarded by players and coaches alike. Terrific man manager and motivator. All these talents attracted Sunderland.

I personally think Jack Ross will be a huge success at Sunderland.

What more do you think Jack Ross could have achieved ? 

You’re wasting your breath, he simply trots out the same old pish

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

If Henrik Larsson were to be unveiled as the new St Mirren manager, then not only would my socks be blown off, my underpants would fly through the air with them. 

Would generate excitement, no, hold on, would generate complete and utter shock. I would never have seen anything like that rabbit out a hat in my St Mirren supporting life.

Therefore, I am expecting a ‘meh’ managerial announcement, rather than anticipating something akin to Zlatan Ibrahimovich signing for Dundee United.

3 minutes ago, Naughtius maximus said:

When a see some of the shite written on here from people who think they know about football it reminds me why i dont post very often these days. Anyway , enjoy whats left of the weekend and look forward to this weeks news . :byebye

If you’re going to come on here posting wee sweetie wife ITK titbit pish, then thank fcuk you don’t post very often these days.