New Manager Latest Odds

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If Henrik Larsson were to be unveiled as the new St Mirren manager, then not only would my socks be blown off, my underpants would fly through the air with them. 

Would generate excitement, no, hold on, would generate complete and utter shock. I would never have seen anything like that rabbit out a hat in my St Mirren supporting life.

Therefore, I am expecting a ‘meh’ managerial announcement, rather than anticipating something akin to Zlatan Ibrahimovich signing for Dundee United.

Zlatan told me that we are his first choice!

If only.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

because of the players who Fergie had signed to the first team and reserves and scouting network he had put in place. Have you had a look at the squad Jack has bequeathed to us for next season? We have 6 or 7 players who are easily the right quality for the top division and another 4 or 5 that are gambles at that level and a few that didn't cut it in the Championship.

Fergie had been in charge for nearly 4 years when he left.  Also it was much easier to build a settled squad in those days as footballers contracts were one step up from that of an indentured labourer which meant there was less player movement than there is these days.  The advent of freedom of contract in the early 80s meant clubs could no longer hold on to registrations of players when they had turned down reduced terms and then the Bosman ruling really opened up the player market meaning it became much more fluid with players moving more frequently.

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

He will be needing the wage , was reading the other day how he declared bankruptcy over his EBT. 

Correction Linwood.  He was declared bankrupt before this could be applied.  Therefore he has no money to pay with or assets which can be realised. 

As with Dave King who also has no personal wealth.  Only thing is... Makes it difficult to open a new  bank account! 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Correction Linwood.  He was declared bankrupt before this could be applied.  Therefore he has no money to pay with or assets which can be realised. 

As with Dave King who also has no personal wealth.  Only thing is... Makes it difficult to open a new  bank account! 

I stand corrected , I will need to start reading the full article instead of the first couple of lines .

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If its true that we're in negotiations with a 'big name' what's all the pish about a shortlist of five and interviews on Tuesday? A bit off skulduggery of our own? 

Probably less to do with a St Mirren BoD smokescreen, and more to do with gobshites getting hard-ons by posting made-up pish on a forum.

Edited by pozbaird

I heard it was Arsene Wegner. He is still pissed at being forced out at Arsenal and feels he has something to prove and supported us as a boy after watching us in Mechelin when he dogged school to travel to watch us that night.

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I heard it was Arsene Wegner. He is still pissed at being forced out at Arsenal and feels he has something to prove and supported us as a boy after watching us in Mechelin when he dogged school to travel to watch us that night.

see tole you na na na na :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

... and Gascoigne. From the foreign land Geordieland. I am sure we faced Deadco in a pre-season friendly at Love Street, and it might even have been Gascoigne’s debut. My memory may be playing tricks, but my recollection is that we rolled up prepared to boo his arse off the field, but it was apparent he was class, and when Deadco substituted him, he received applause from a St Mirren support who recognised quality, no matter the jersey it was wearing.

Can anyone confirm or deny!?

Annnywayyy... my socks may or may not be about to be knocked off, my money is on them remaining resolutely on my feet.

His replacement was a certain Ian Nicolson.

The discerning Saints fans would have clearly been applauding Nicolson onto the park in anticipation of 99/00.

Check out the  other sub.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=199508140

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

heard it was Arsene Wegner. He is still pissed at being forced out at Arsenal and feels he has something to prove and supported us as a boy after watching us in Mechelin when he dogged school to travel to watch us that night.

Please no, we'll never get rid of him. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

4 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

His replacement was a certain Ian Nicolson.

The discerning Saints fans would have clearly been applauding Nicolson onto the park in anticipation of 99/00.

Check out the  other sub.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=199508140

Brian Reid, recently signed from the soapdodgers,  did in his cruciate ligament that night IIRC.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Brian Reid, recently signed from the soapdodgers,  did in his cruciate ligament that night IIRC.

That happened during Campbell Money’s testimonial game in 1991.  McAvennie played for Saints as a guest in that game.

Last time I heard anyone at St Mirren talking about an ambitious signing that no-one would believe a club like St MIrren could pull off Mark Crilly was revealed as a new signing. default_rolleyes.gif

Another top class signing we had a barrowload of them during the 80's & 90's.

On the subject of Mark Crilly I have saw a couple of times over the last few years a guy driving a White Audi or BMW with the Name Crilly on the registration plate wondered if that was/is Mark Crilly.

Edited to add - we signed him in 2003 my memory is playing tricks on me thought it was earlier