New Manager Latest Odds

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I suspect Stu's imaginary candidate/confidante/mate/whatever is John Kennedy in this instance.

Of course, it would be mere coincidence that Kennedy, having been a nailed on certainty for the gig, has pulled out after all, thus averting any further suggestion that the source of this exclusive confirmation was talking utter shite.

Nailed it!  think you have tapped into the inner workings of StuD's mind which has to be a concern for you.

Literally. Aye, nae bother Dr. Dolittle. :lol:
Did the horse say 'there's neigh chance I'm taking the job'? 
You're having a 'mare here. 

Ach, don’t be too harsh.

Aren’t you looking forward to St Mirren displacing either Celtic/Sevco/Aberdeen/Hearts or Hibs ? [emoji3]

There’s every possibility, in a conversation or interview that any prospective new manager has with Fitzy, that Fitzy could say ‘St Mirren could be a top four club’. Equally, he might say ‘maybe one day St Mirren should be aiming to be a top four club’, or perhaps ‘why couldn’t we be a top four club one day, we aren’t here to make up the numbers’. That sort of Fitzy-speak, that loveable enthusiasm-drenched sort of dreaming that sets Fitzy apart from, well, the rest of us who watch Scottish football and see Sellik, The Franchise, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Their directors probably think Fitzy should have been the first comedian to win Britain’s Got Talent rather than Lost Voice Guy.

The thought, of Sir Tache’, making it known that the remit of any new St Mirren manager is to break into the top four, is laughable. GLS would pour everyone at the table a top-up of coffee and shove a chocolate hob nob down Fitzy’s throat. I can imagine anyone (hypothetically) going for the Spurs, Liverpool, or Arsenal gig would, in no uncertain terms, be getting told ‘anything less than top four and your baws are getting kicked’. Not at Greenhill Road though. I would suggest the remit given will be to carry on Jack’s good work, encourage young players, sign older heads wisely and to genuinely compete with the likes of Livvy, Accies, Dundee and maybe one other, over the course of the season. Keep us up, obviously. That goes without saying.

Couldn’t StuD become our very own ‘Lost Voice Guy’ and lose his? Even the ones in his head would be a start.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There’s every possibility, in a conversation or interview that any prospective new manager has with Fitzy, that Fitzy could say ‘St Mirren could be a top four club’. Equally, he might say ‘maybe one day St Mirren should be aiming to be a top four club’, or perhaps ‘why couldn’t we be a top four club one day, we aren’t here to make up the numbers’. That sort of Fitzy-speak, that loveable enthusiasm-drenched sort of dreaming that sets Fitzy apart from, well, the rest of us who watch Scottish football and see Sellik, The Franchise, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Their directors probably think Fitzy should have been the first comedian to win Britain’s Got Talent rather than Lost Voice Guy.

The thought, of Sir Tache’, making it known that the remit of any new St Mirren manager is to break into the top four, is laughable. GLS would pour everyone at the table a top-up of coffee and shove a chocolate hob now down Fitzy’s throat. I can imagine anyone (hypothetically) going for the Spurs, Liverpool, or Arsenal gig would, in no uncertain terms, be getting told ‘anything less than top four and your baws are getting kicked’. Not at Greenhill Road though. I would suggest the remit given will be to carry on Jack’s good work, encourage young players, sign older heads wisely and to genuinely compete with the likes of Livvy, Accies, Dundee and maybe one other, over the course of the season. Keep us up, obviously. That goes without saying.

Couldn’t StuD become our very own ‘Lost Voice Guy’ and lose his? Even the ones in his head?

I have StuD on ignore but am forced to look at some of his posts as lots of other people keep quoting him. In my opinion the quote is more likely to have come from the horse's arse than from its mouth! :lol:

Whether or not StuartD communes daily with the great and good of Scottish Football is for him to know and the rest of us to guess at. Tony is an optimist. That's true. Would you really prefer a CEO who did an impression of the Rev I M Jolly? 

To use a Craig Leven phrase, most put forward what they believe is The Natural Order with C,R,A,H and H as the natural top 5. It seems improbable to suggest that this shouldn't be the way it has to be. A big ask....absolutely right it is a huge ask. But not impossible. To sustain it...that's what is really difficult to do and where St Johnstone deserve credit.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I suspect Stu's imaginary candidate/confidante/mate/whatever is John Kennedy in this instance.

Of course, it would be mere coincidence that Kennedy, having been a nailed on certainty for the gig, has pulled out after all, thus averting any further suggestion that the source of this exclusive confirmation was talking utter shite.

You should know better :angry:

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I’m currently on a train from Central to Gilmour Street and these cnuts are causing a racket. It’s happening.

F4FB5FB2-4A29-4534-AAA7-F127AB7995A3.jpeg

I reckon Iniesta will be his assistant. Barca congratulate us on the goal v Pars, followed by Iniesta playing his final game for Barca. Why else would he quit playing for them? 

While proud to be in charge of resurgent Coleraine, it is understood that Kearney is determined to do his homework ahead of speaking to the Saints board and give it his best shot.

The opportunity for Kearney to persuade Love Street chiefs to offer him a full-time job comes after a brilliant season when the Bannsiders finished runners-up to Crusaders in the Premiership and won their first major trophy since 2003 beating Cliftonville 3-1 in the Irish Cup final.

Kearney was recommended to St Mirren by Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill, who is a big admirer of the 39-year-old.

The former Linfield midfielder faces stiff competition in his quest with a host of well known figures in Scottish football also keen to take over from Jack Ross, who after leading the Buddies to promotion from the Championship moved to England jumping into the hotseat at Sunderland.

Rangers legend Ally McCoist has stated he would like to talk to St Mirren while ex-Ross County boss Jim McIntyre, former Hearts supremo Robbie Nielson, Alan Stubbs, previously in charge of Hibs and one-time ex-Wigan manager Gary Caldwell have all been linked to the role along with former Real Madrid hero Guti.

Interviews are expected to begin tomorrow and will also take place on Wednesday before St Mirren make a decision on who should lead them against the likes of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers and Brendan Rodgers at Celtic.

Should Kearney be given the nod, he would become the FIFTH Northern Ireland manager in Scotland’s top flight joining Rodgers, Neil Lennon (Hibernian), Tommy Wright (St Johnstone) and Stephen Robinson (Motherwell).

The Saints approached Coleraine chairman Colin McKendry last week asking for permission to speak to Kearney, a full-time teacher, who has been in charge of the Bannsiders since 2011.

McKendry granted permission and, although he would love Kearney to stay, the Bannsiders chairman is aware how tempting an opportunity like this would be and also believes that his friend would excel in full-time football.

“Oran will leave no stone unturned in getting detail and background on the St Mirren team,” said McKendry.

“He will educate himself about the club and I think he has to go through the process to find out what’s involved managing at that level.

“While it would leave a massive void for Coleraine, if he gets the job I would be 100% confident that Oran would be successful managing in the Scottish Premiership.

“It may not lead anywhere but it could be quite the opposite and Oran could be offered the job.

“Look at how well Tommy Wright has done with St Johnstone and he used to manage in the Irish League. Also there are Northern Ireland men like Brendan Rodgers, Neil Lennon and Stephen Robinson who have proved big successes in Scotland, so the game over there suits managers from our country.”