New Manager Latest Odds

22 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

FFS talk about  deflection. I know what a fact is and citing that our club is bigger than Dundalk has no bearing on you claiming you were told by someone of the reason RN has withdrawn from the interview process.  Any fact is based on actual evidence. You continually spout about being in the know and yet have absolutely nothing of substance than your own words to back up what you say.  If I make a statement of fact I will back it up with proof or provide evidence.

Ned, will he ever offer evidence or proof.  His failure ever to do so actually does prove something though - he's a troll!

After typing "he's a troll" I starting singing  "do de do de do He's gonna get caught - just you wait'n see!  StuD "why is everybody always pickin' on me?"

Edited by rabuddies
I'm singing!!!

I know that some folk describe Dickson as a troll, etc. But many (most?) of us on here know who he is - what he looks like.  Usually trolls try to maintain some degree of anonymity, do they not. This doesn't seem to register with the pipe-fitter.

I think Dickson genuinely thinks he is impressing folk by making up stories to suggest that he is interesting and important.  It is very bizarre behaviour indeed from a man who must be kicking onto his 6th decade shortly if not already.

One might reasonably expect it of a dysfunctional 11year old, who perhaps has some attachment issues, but this is odd, and a little bit worrying.  I think he needs help, possibly on an urgent basis.

12 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Ned, will he ever offer evidence or proof.  His failure ever to do so actually does prove something though - he's a troll!

After typing "he's a troll" I starting singing  "do de do de do He's gonna get caught - just you wait'n see!  StuD "why is everybody always pickin' on me?"

I don't think he's a troll.

I think he is a fantasist.

Neilson is playing the media game.

Once he realised that he had zero chance of being offered the St Mirren job, which I believe he REALLY wanted, it was obviously better for his personal image and self-esteem to make it very public that he was never interested in working for such a pissy wee club as ours anyway.

F off imposter.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Neilson is playing the media game.

Once he realised that he had zero chance of being offered the St Mirren job, which I believe he REALLY wanted, it was obviously better for his personal image and self-esteem to make it very public that he was never interested in working for such a pissy wee club as ours anyway.

F off imposter.

I thought his budget/ambition chat in the media was effectively getting his excuses in early for ultimately not being a successful candidate for the job. It was them, not me - that type of shite. Said as much at the time.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I thought his budget/ambition chat in the media was effectively getting his excuses in early for ultimately not being a successful candidate for the job. It was them, not me - that type of shite. Said as much at the time.

I'd say it was Jack Ross's input that done for Neilson ?

Wrong appointment and we have dodged a bullet.

Kearney or McIntrye unless there is some left field candidate

21 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Don't be so ridiculous. Do you record every conversation you've had just so you've got proof. 

I don't need to provide proof. I couldn't care less if people believe me or not. The fact that Robbie Neilson has indeed pulled out of the race to become manager and has stated in the interview that Dibble posted that he had to weigh up board and fans expectations against the reality of the squad and the budget, corroborates what I have said. 

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

St Mirren were still keen enough to offer him an interview. 

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

I know that some folk describe Dickson as a troll, etc. But many (most?) of us on here know who he is - what he looks like.  Usually trolls try to maintain some degree of anonymity, do they not. This doesn't seem to register with the pipe-fitter.

I think Dickson genuinely thinks he is impressing folk by making up stories to suggest that he is interesting and important.  It is very bizarre behaviour indeed from a man who must be kicking onto his 6th decade shortly if not already.

One might reasonably expect it of a dysfunctional 11year old, who perhaps has some attachment issues, but this is odd, and a little bit worrying.  I think he needs help, possibly on an urgent basis.

You've hit it on the head Drew , Stu 's 11 year old grandson has hacked his account.

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

The fact that Robbie Neilson has indeed pulled out of the race to become manager and has stated in the interview that Dibble posted that he had to weigh up board and fans expectations against the reality of the squad and the budget, corroborates what I have said. 

Corroborates?:blink:

The fact that you genuinely appear to believe this is one of the most preposterous things I have ever experienced on here (and oaksoft and Ricky use the forum, FFS!).

4 hours ago, windae cleaner said:
4 hours ago, div said:

To be fair to him if he didn't think it was right for him then I'm glad he's withdrawn at this stage. Pointless wasting everyone's time and if his heart and soul wasn't in it then I don't want him in charge of the club.

David Hay springs to mind. Shudder.

He thinks he's above us like Billy Davis did

Thank goodness for that :thumbs2

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

Right, hands up all who think that Robbie Neilson spoke to Dorothy.

I don't think he did, I believe he is married with kids, not that that proves anything I suppose... 

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

That's a bit obvious don't you think? They would select candidates that they feel would be able to do a decent job. That just makes your answer look a bit silly , its common sense.

Absolutely. However you said this. 

16 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

If he's sent in his CV its only courtesy to offer the interview. 

After I responded to Lenziebud saying St Mirren were still keen enough to offer him an interview.

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Jack Ross did not put the board off Neilson. The club had offered Neilson an interview. It was the unreasonable expectation and unrealistic target being set for the new manager that put Neilson off, rightly so if the budget wasn't sufficient to back it up. 

Now I have always maintained that Stephen Kenny would be my pick for the job. However it seems that unless he sends in a CV there's no-one on the St Mirren board that thinks St Mirren are a bigger club than Dundalk and that an approach might be treated favourably. And out of those remaining it looks like John Kennedy is the only worthwhile candidate now. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Absolutely. However you said this. 

After I responded to Lenziebud saying St Mirren were still keen enough to offer him an interview.

Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Jack Ross did not put the board off Neilson. The club had offered Neilson an interview. It was the unreasonable expectation and unrealistic target being set for the new manager that put Neilson off, rightly so if the budget wasn't sufficient to back it up. 

Now I have always maintained that Stephen Kenny would be my pick for the job. However it seems that unless he sends in a CV there's no-one on the St Mirren board that thinks St Mirren are a bigger club than Dundalk and that an approach might be treated favourably. And out of those remaining it looks like John Kennedy is the only worthwhile candidate now. 

What is your point here Stu?

4 hours ago, magnus said:

And he may well be guilty of being realistic. It's all a gamble but he looked like one of the strongest of the named candidates. 

No your blind because you wanted Neilson in. So did I check my history where you will also read after he made commets about our budget I wrote he would not be our next manager. Budget is important but it' not everything if your good at your job.  Im tipping Oran as close as you will get to Jack Ross.