New Manager Latest Odds

Just now, linwood buddie said:

What is your point here Stu?

It's quite simple. I am agreeing with you. Neilson was offered an interview because the St Mirren board saw him as a strong candidate for the post. 

If Lenziebud was correct and Jack Ross had warned the board off Neilson St Mirren wouldn't have offered Neilson an interview in the first place. 

Neilson withdrew from the race for the job because of the unrealistic expectations of the St Mirren board, as put to him by Tony Fitzpatrick. 

Neilson was never my choice for manager - as can be witnessed all through this topic. I was told John Kennedy would get the job - I still believe he will. However if anyone was to ever ask me my opinion on who the club should appoint I don't think I could be any clearer. Stephen Kenny has been my preferred choice for the St Mirren job every time it's come up since Gus McPherson left the club. This time round is no different. The only change is in the total number of honours Stephen Kenny has won. 17 now. 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No your blind because you wanted Neilson in. So did I check my history where you will also read after he made commets about our budget I wrote he would not be our next manager. Budget is important but it' not everything if your good at your job.  Im tipping Oran as close as you will get to Jack Ross. 

If the board is telling you that you need to achieve 4th - 6th in the Premiership this season, you are either going to have had to have inherited a rather special squad of players, or you are going to need the finances to make that goal a reality. If the budget doesn't match the ambition then as Neilson said in that interview, he'd be setting himself up for another fall. It's his career, of course he has to weigh up the expectations of his employers against the budget available to him. He'd be stupid not to as would anyone else looking to take on the job. 

I'd agree with you on one thing though, I think Jack Ross would make a better PE teacher than his will manager of my club. 

Edited by StuD

Anyone that seriously thinks that GS or TF has told any candidate that he expects them to get us top 6 next year is deluded. Robbie Neilson will have his reasons from withdrawing his name from the process but that won’t be it, saving face more like it. My moneys on Stubbs.

No your blind because you wanted Neilson in. So did I check my history where you will also read after he made commets about our budget I wrote he would not be our next manager. Budget is important but it' not everything if your good at your job.  Im tipping Oran as close as you will get to Jack Ross. 

Thought you were tipping your bluenose favourite, fat sally?

On 5/29/2018 at 7:43 PM, StuD said:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-target-jack-ross-confirmed-as-sunderland-manager-1-5534305

It was widely reported in the North East of England press. 

Sorry this is a bit off topic I'm just glad the former player who wants to turn to management is not Chris Sutton. He is an arse. I hate it when he stands there looking like a dip stick giving his verdict on games with his doom and gloom face. You know he ran st mirren and other teams down last year  when we were flying. Time he got punted off the TV. He is Mr negative. Can't stand him

Edited by fan4ever

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You better not go down to Greenhill Road Today.:You're sure of a big surprise. Todays the day the Teddy Bear has his interview. .

Where did you hear this Ricky?

37 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Maybe Guti is looking to improve his English language skills with an eye on managing down south.

If he wants to improve his English, maybe Paisley's not the best place to come to! Joke, by the way, before anyone goes off on one.

Edited by pondsman

8 hours ago, Stegman said:

Anyone that seriously thinks that GS or TF has told any candidate that he expects them to get us top 6 next year is deluded. Robbie Neilson will have his reasons from withdrawing his name from the process but that won’t be it, saving face more like it. My moneys on Stubbs.

Apart from the Stubbs bit I'd say correct.

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
I thought that Dorothy clicked the heels of her red shoes together and went back to Kansas. 

Dorothy never really left Kansas - it was all in the imagination. Quite apt, really.

I guess her full name was Dorothy Dickson, and while everyone else knew that the daft bitch was talking shite, she insisted that the Wicked Witch phoned her personally at home to ask her opinion on the managerial vacancy at Emerald City FC.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OK. I’m going for it. Been looking at photos of Guti a fair bit this week, and in his playing days, he was rocking the flowing locks with blonde streaks and alice-band look..... these days.... a baw’ hair away from hosting another Nuremberg Rally.

There. I’ve said it. FFS son, just don’t go near black hair dye, that’s all I’m saying.

Would love it if it was Guti but I don't see it. McCoist no chance and not a fan of Stubbs or McIntyre. 

Larsoon hasn't had the best record as a coach so far but should be considered on the song W7 could sing alone...

Looking back at when we first met,

Celtic Park away and I cannot forget,

Larsson you're the one, skelping the Tic for fun,

Stopping 10 in a row's the King. 

:clapping

9 hours ago, StuD said:

If the board is telling you that you need to achieve 4th - 6th in the Premiership this season, you are either going to have had to have inherited a rather special squad of players, or you are going to need the finances to make that goal a reality. If the budget doesn't match the ambition then as Neilson said in that interview, he'd be setting himself up for another fall. It's his career, of course he has to weigh up the expectations of his employers against the budget available to him. He'd be stupid not to as would anyone else looking to take on the job. 

I'd agree with you on one thing though, I think Jack Ross would make a better PE teacher than his will manager of my club. 

Stuart a while back there was a interview  with Gordon Scott on St Mirren TV at half-time.  Scott talked about a budget we would need to challenge a top six place that it would take time to reach that figure. We all know  Tony likes to shout up the club.                                                                                                                            Robbie Neilson has ether been contacted by another interested club or he has made a big mistake.  He needs to get his career back on track sooner rather than later. Im glad he will not be our manager he obviously  away above him self.     

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Are GLS and Fitzy interviewing Guti in Spain, or is Guti flying into Paisley International? If the latter, would be funny as fcuk if GLS and Fitzy picked him up and firstly nipped down to take a selfie with him at Asda Linwood.

Go on Gordon, do it. Forever and a day, the undeniable truth would be ‘Guti spotted at Asda Linwood’.

Do it, do it, do it.... you’ll need a packet of custard creams for the interview anyway, and a pint of milk. Tell him you’re just nipping into the shops.....every cnut does it on the way home from the airport anyway. He won’t twig. Get some square sausage and a plain loaf too.