New Manager Latest Odds

Guti has got to be the red hot favourite. Silky football middle to front, tackling like Ramos at the back. The full empenyada.

I believe someone of his (Guti) stature would potentially increase the number of season tickets sold. Did that not happen to SEVCO when SG took the job?
Guti is obviously rated highly by Real Madrid and no doubt many more clubs in Spain and beyond. He’ll do for me.

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wrote it would not bother me if McCoist and McDowell got the management job. When Robbie Neilson came out with budget/ expectatons I wrote. Don't want him as manager went onto write he won't be our manager  glad to be proved right. Did a lot or research on Oran that proved fruitful Oran is as close as you are going to get to Jack Ross. For that reason I believe he will be appointed St Mirren's next manager.  

The similarities between Jack and Oran are devastating. Good detective work IOBS.

Prior to becoming St Mirren manager Jack Ross spent most of his playing career in the Scottish SPL and Championship. Upon retiring he soon became assistant manager at part-time Dumbarton. He left that post to become head of youth development at Hearts, one of the top 5 clubs in Scotland. He left that to become manager at Alloa, another part time club who were in the Championship at the time. As a relatively young manager many of Jack's best signings at Alloa (Jim Goodwin as captain) and St Mirren (Stephen McGinn as captain) have been players he has played alongside or against in his playing days or young prospects he has worked with at previous clubs.

Oran, hasn't played full time, hasn't played in Scotland and in the time when Jack Ross was finishing off his playing career at St Mirren and Hamilton and then spending a season or two in management at Dumbarton, Hearts, Alloa and St Mirren, Oran has been manager at 1 club, Coleraine, and only come to some recognition due to 1 cup win in 7 years.

Would Guti really be a good option for us?

If he does very well then other clubs will definitely show interest in taking him from us. Considering how the kickerwetter brigade handled news of Jack Ross talking to other clubs, a second straight manager doing the same might just send them into permanent incontinence. 

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If he does very well then other clubs will definitely show interest in taking him from us. Considering how the kickerwetter brigade handled news of Jack Ross talking to other clubs, a second straight manager doing the same might just send them into permanent incontinence. 

You would imagine interested clubs would wait to see how he did over a season or more rather than poaching him after 2 months.

35 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The similarities between Jack and Oran are devastating. Good detective work IOBS.

Prior to becoming St Mirren manager Jack Ross spent most of his playing career in the Scottish SPL and Championship. Upon retiring he soon became assistant manager at part-time Dumbarton. He left that post to become head of youth development at Hearts, one of the top 5 clubs in Scotland. He left that to become manager at Alloa, another part time club who were in the Championship at the time. As a relatively young manager many of Jack's best signings at Alloa (Jim Goodwin as captain) and St Mirren (Stephen McGinn as captain) have been players he has played alongside or against in his playing days or young prospects he has worked with at previous clubs.

Oran, hasn't played full time, hasn't played in Scotland and in the time when Jack Ross was finishing off his playing career at St Mirren and Hamilton and then spending a season or two in management at Dumbarton, Hearts, Alloa and St Mirren, Oran has been manager at 1 club, Coleraine, and only come to some recognition due to 1 cup win in 7 years.

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Defo yes. Incontinence will be well worth it.

439fecf7a0c94d1752d452c4c273eb37--billy-connolly-comedy.jpg

22 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Micky Mellons's odds seem to be shortening at a decent pace ...

Check out these quotes. I like him already!

Shrewsbury Town manager Micky Mellon says that spending money they do not have is a gamble that puts clubs 'at risk'.

"I can't suddenly look behind Joe Hart's picture in the boardroom and find a bank vault with millions of pounds in it," he told BBC Radio Shropshire.

"I'd love to have millions to spend. We all would, but this is football. The other way is cheating. To go and spend millions you don't have puts clubs at risk. I don't want to make us bankrupt and then me scuttle off leaving people in the lurch."

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Aye, but IOBS has done a lot of research on this. :lol:

7 minutes ago, zico said:

Aye, but IOBS has done a lot of research on this. :lol:

His attention to detail = Jack Ross similar 

Players love his man managment  = Jack Ross similar

Likes his teams to play attacking football = Jack Ross similar.

Oran is a young manager

He finished second top of the league not bad for a part time team.

He won the irish cup again not bad for a part time team.

For me this is a man ready to make the step up well worth a punt. 

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Just as long as its not McIntyre and Dodds. I have fears that we appoint Kearney and we fill the side with a poorer standard of player. This appointment has to be right or we will be in trouble. 

I'm not convinced this is a serious option, but how could you turn Guti down?  500+ appearances in the same Madrid team as Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Roberto Carlos...

A genuine superstar, not to mention the possibility of all those loans from Real Madrid

He might be a rubbish manager and either way it will probably all end in tears - but surely has to be worth a try?

Just posting this so I have an excuse to watch this again. Who wouldn't pay to watch football like this?

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is a young manager

Not for me.

Even the Coleraine fan who posted on here was surprised that we had approached him.

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is a young manager

are we the 1st club to have approached Coleraine about speaking with him about a vacancy? Why has no oneelse spotted his potential in 7 years with the same club? How many other teams in the league are part time?