New Manager Latest Odds

This seems pretty straightforwards to me.

Tony wants us to challenge for the Premiership title and I agree with this ambitious approach because without having this as a goal we might as well pack up the club today.

In order to do this we need a manager who is equally ambitious. The interview shortlist comes from there.

Then interview the candidates and see if we can find someone who can present a credible strategy for achieving this without risking our financial future.

If the leading candidate is also a big ticket name then take the risk and hire him.

We'll see season ticket sales go through the roof for a start and who knows, maybe just maybe we'll have a season to look back on for the rest of our lives.

Worst case scenario we get relegated again having had a go and we remain financially solvent.

One of two things are going to happen in Scotland. Either the game dies because nobody has the balls or belief to challenge the OF or someone is going to come to a lower level team and do something very special indeed.

If the board identify a candidate who can tick all the above boxes then we need to press the button.

f**k aiming for 11th. Let's just buckle up, cut the chord and f**king have a go.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Tony wants us to challenge for the Premiership title and I agree with this ambitious approach because without having this as a goal we might as well pack up the club today.

In order to do this we need a manager who is equally ambitious. The interview shortlist comes from there.

Then interview the candidates and see if we can find someone who can present a credible strategy for achieving this without risking our financial future.

If the leading candidate is also a big ticket name then take the risk and hire him.

We'll see season ticket sales go through the roof for a start and who knows, maybe just maybe we'll have a season to look back on for the rest of our lives.

Worst case scenario we get relegated again having had a go and we remain financially solvent.

One of two things are going to happen in Scotland. Either the game dies because nobody has the balls or belief to challenge the OF or someone is going to come to a lower level team and do something very special indeed.

If the board identify a candidate who can tick all the above boxes then we need to press the button.

f**k aiming for 11th. Let's just buckle up, cut the chord and f**king have a go.

Oh my aching sides. A manager who can have St Mirren challenging for the Premiership, while at the same time not risking our financial future, PLUS, if it ends in relegation, so be it, we had a go.

What actual fcuking planet are you on. No, seriously, where is it.

Let’s just take one, teensy, weensy wee point here.... we get a Kenny McLean, he goes to Aberdeen. We get a John McGinn, he goes to Hibs. We get a Stevie Mallan, he goes to Barnsley. We get a Lewis Morgan, he goes to Celtic. We get Jack Ross, he goes to Sunderland.

Build an entire team capable of winning the top flight!? Post Bosman? With vultures around every corner?  Oh, my actual fcuking aching sides....

Here’s how St Mirren, or Dundee, or Hamilton Accies will genuinely challenge for the Scottish Premiership.... a completely fcuking crazy Russian or Arab decides to buy them, throws shitloads of money, and I mean shitloads at it, and buys the kind of players that old-school Manchester City could never buy, but new-look Manchester City could.

I need a lie down and a cold towel to the forehead.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not sure exactly what the video is supposed to prove in terms of Oran being just like Jack. Coleraine have had 1 or 2 good seasons out of 7 with him in charge. 

Those that hang wi’ the drummer wear waistcoats and suits.

A cut above, I say.

12 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Kearney 2/1

McIntyre 3/1

Mellon 5/1

Caldwell 10/1

McMoist 12/1

Kluivert 12/1

Guti 14/1

Where the diddy centre half coach for. celtic ?

Well that guy already got the job don't you know , that's why no odds needed. . 

:lol:

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

wtf

I bet you Stewart Donald at Sunderland is really kicking himself. He could have had all these big name superstars and instead he hired Jack Ross. What is it about Paisley that makes it so attractive to all these super rich ex players? Has Fitzpatrick told them that they can moor their private yachts at Inchinnan Cruising Club? 

29 minutes ago, pod said:

Travelling from South Africa. Don't think he's going to make it in time for interview. :rolleyes:

Easy Peasy pod.  Flight from Joburg around 8pm via Paris gets you into Edinburgh by 9am. Frequently made the flight,  drove home,  took my wife out for a coffee or a bite to eat and then off to where Saints were playing. Similar in reverse. Leave Edinburgh around 6pm via Paris. Arrive around 9.30 pick up a car at the airport and drive to work.  CT about 2hours flight time fromJozi.  Best CT flights are via Dubai.  Leave CT around 6pm and arrive in Glasgow around 11am.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Oh my aching sides. A manager who can have St Mirren challenging for the Premiership, while at the same time not risking our financial future, PLUS, if it ends in relegation, so be it, we had a go.

What actual fcuking planet are you on. No, seriously, where is it.

Let’s just take one, teensy, weensy wee point here.... we get a Kenny McLean, he goes to Aberdeen. We get a John McGinn, he goes to Hibs. We get a Stevie Mallan, he goes to Barnsley. We get a Lewis Morgan, he goes to Celtic. We get Jack Ross, he goes to Sunderland.

Build an entire team capable of winning the top flight!? Post Bosman? With vultures around every corner?  Oh, my actual fcuking aching sides....

Here’s how St Mirren, or Dundee, or Hamilton Accies will genuinely challenge for the Scottish Premiership.... a completely fcuking crazy Russian or Arab decides to buy them, throws shitloads of money, and I mean shitloads at it, and buys the kind of players that old-school Manchester City could never buy, but new-look Manchester City could.

I need a lie down and a cold towel to the forehead.

One way to do it is to loan in a range of talented and exceptionally hungry youth players from top sides in Spain as a gateway to the EPL and get them working amongst our players to show them what true professional football is like at the top end. Playing in Scotland guarantees them game time. Crucially to avoid the Stevie Archibald experiment failure with Airdrie, you ensure these Spanish kids go to work with a Spanish manager with a worldwide reputation. In the meantime, we continue using the money from increased crowds to bring our own players through knowing that they will leave in a couple of years.

Of course we could just eschew the chance of a bit of risky excitement and limit our ambition to the drudgery of whatever lack of ambition fills your skull.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

One way to do it is to loan in a range of talented and exceptionally hungry youth players from top sides in Spain as a gateway to the EPL and get them working amongst our players to show them what true professional football is like at the top end. Playing in Scotland guarantees them game time. Crucially to avoid the Stevie Archibald experiment failure with Airdrie, you ensure these Spanish kids go to work with a Spanish manager with a worldwide reputation. In the meantime, we continue using the money from increased crowds to bring our own players through knowing that they will leave in a couple of years.

Whilst these young guns are 

Ah I get it now. Never thought of that.  :wacko:

Edited by lenziebud

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Ah I get it now. Never thought of that. 

You would have to assume that Guti has connections that all other Scottish based managers can only dream of.

Barcelona and Real Madrid might be more persuaded to take part in this if a Spanish Saints manager was to persuade them that a genuine attempt was being made to challenge the OF.

On a side note, I am used to living and working in ambitious cultures where people just go for things they want. Dealing with Scottish negativity on a daily basis is unbelievably draining. No wonder we can't even compete with Costa Rica on the world stage. There is a poverty of ambition up here which kills everything and it needs to f**king stop.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Of course we could just eschew the chance of a bit of risky excitement and limit our ambition to the drudgery of whatever lack of ambition fills your skull.

That’ll do it. Young loanee Spanish kids, brought over to Scotland, to fill the shirts of St Mirren or St Johnstone, will see those clubs challenge for the Scottish Premiership title.

Fcuking easy the Mirren.

Jesus wept. No, come on, what solar system is your planet in? I want some of that action.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You would have to assume that Guti has connections that all other Scottish based managers can only dream of.

Barcelona and Real Madrid might be more persuaded to take part in this if a Spanish Saints manager was to persuade them that a genuine attempt was being made to challenge the OF.

Appointing Guti will be a disaster for St Mirren. If he had the slightest bit of talent he wouldn't be anywhere near the Scottish Premiership. Just beggars belief that our board would even consider it. Kluivert and McCarthy is every bit as bad. 

They need to appoint a proper manager and get it done quick.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

That’ll do it. Young Spanish kids, brought over to Scotland, to fill the shirts of St Mirren or St Johnstone, will see those clubs challenge for the Scottish Premiership title.

Fcuking easy the Mirren.

Jesus wept.

You really do epitomise the native Scot. :lol:

A perfect example of the sort of turgid negativity which poisons everything up here.

I'm away for a warm drink to dispel the icy chill from my bones after reading your stultifying post.