New Manager Latest Odds

8 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Guti is coming to Scotland to do his coaching badges - when Mourinho arrived at Madrid in 2010, he off-loaded Guti and Raul among others, and told Guti his time was up, and to go and do his coaching badges. Guti went to Besiktas to carry on playing, and when Mourinho left Madrid in 2013,  Guti came back to Madrid to coach in the youth set-up. He has now decided to come to Inverclyde as Jose did, and will fill in his time here as our Manager for the coming season, bringing a mixture of youths, C Team and B Team players over to sample the thrill of playing against the 2 biggest clubs in the world! He's only taking pocket money as payment, and our sponsors Skyview are meeting that cost, as he will massively increase their advertising exposure in the up-coming season.

And by the way, there is an application in at Planning in Madrid for a 60,000 reclining seater stadium between Albion Street and Shortroods in Paisley! 

My neighbour was in Spain on holiday yesterday, and he told me, so it's definitely true.

Flareybob is your neighbour ? :P

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Easy Peasy pod.  Flight from Joburg around 8pm via Paris gets you into Edinburgh by 9am. Frequently made the flight,  drove home,  took my wife out for a coffee or a bite to eat and then off to where Saints were playing. Similar in reverse. Leave Edinburgh around 6pm via Paris. Arrive around 9.30 pick up a car at the airport and drive to work.  CT about 2hours flight time fromJozi.  Best CT flights are via Dubai.  Leave CT around 6pm and arrive in Glasgow around 11am.

Ye, but he doesn't like flying and will only travel by boat. :whistle

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

All this gossip, even an excited live reporter outside the ground on tonight’s news...Guti, Kluivert, Larsson, Lambert... it’s going to end with the Irish part-timer, innit?

Nope.....

nintchdbpict000304330245-e1488069491976.jpg

Forgot about him. A shoe-in. Is he happy that our budget and ambition will allow him to stick it to ra’ Sellik and Sevco though? Has he been onto Amazon and ordered a job lot of hungry young Spaniards? Is he aiming to roger the auld Reekie clubs right up the sphincter? Aberdeen and a Steve Clarke Killie will clearly be our bitches anyway. 

Just aim high enough. Easy. The. Mirren.

Guest TPAFKATS
Northern Irish media, following Kearney, have a final 4 of:
McIntyre, Kearney, Stubbs and Caldwell.
Probably the most feasible of all the stories floating about....
You're nae fun

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Guti with his status and background could start in Spain or elsewhere with a far better club that St Mirren. Appointing Guti is a nonsense.

The last time we were relegated it nearly happened twice. We have had first class job done for 20 months. Get a solid proven coach in and build on Jack Ross's work, then take it from there. Guti my backside !

“Guti my backside!”

Is Guti a bloke or a verb?

Guest TPAFKATS
How do you know there are no stand out candidates? 
There are plenty of successful female coaches. English woman Jill Ellis for example structured the development programme for girls in the US that led the US team to win the World Cup in 2015. Or Asako Takakura, Japanese Womans National Coach who has won major honours at every level of the international game. Or indeed Claire Robinson who has been a superb Technical Director and  head coach at Sunderland over recent years. Or how about Scotland's own Julie Stewart - capped 121 times for her country, scoring 116 goals and very highly commended by all of her coaches as being extremely knowledgeable tactically. She also comes from a footballing background, with her father Jim Fleeting well known to most in the game. 
One French club in Ligue 2 has hired 2 female bosses in recent years - Claremont Foot. The first chucked it after one month citing a complete lack of professionalism at the club. The second one stayed for three years before becoming French National Coach. During that time Claremont held their own mid table. 
Certainly if you were to take the view that the male pool has been well fished, why not try the female managerial pool. There is bound to be some exceptional managers in there. 
Stuart's been on Wikipedia... Again

9 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I reckon it will end up going to Gary Caldwell.

Has experience in lower leagues in England, decent ‘name’ also imagine he will be able to talk a good game about contacts etc. (I’m surprised he’s only just turned 36)

Not saying he would be my choice.

His experience in the lower leagues in England includes getting Chesterfield relegated and setting them on their way to falling out the league. His win percentage there was 10%. Nobody could have as poor a win percentage... apart from Alan Stubbs with 7% at Rotherham. 

Can we stop fannying about with guys who failed or celebrities with their entourage and just give it to Micky Mellon? 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

His experience in the lower leagues in England includes getting Chesterfield relegated and setting them on their way to falling out the league. His win percentage there was 10%. Nobody could have as poor a win percentage... apart from Alan Stubbs with 7% at Rotherham. 

Can we stop fannying about with guys who failed or celebrities with their entourage and just give it to Micky Mellon? 

Too much sensible thought in there Hendo.

Truth is,  perhaps naively,  I trust the board to get it right. 

But, for now,  I am enjoying the ride. 

Loving the posts in this thread tonight. Loving the outrageous suggestions that there may be Spanish and Dutch guys interested along with guys from either side of the OF. I hope it’s true - no such thing as bad publicity and all that.

Go for Kluivert - How long would it take Reilly to decide where his future lay if he was our manager.

Enough dreaming, going to be Caldwell or the guy from Coleraine.

30 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

He failed to say that the English FA think that much of the set up at Sunderland that they've demoted them two divisions as they're that p!sh.

That's not from Wikipedia that's an actual fact.

No doubt he'll come back and say they started the careers of so many players. But he obviously knows better than them in charge of the game in England.

Demoted? Bollocks. You read some really shite websites. 

The English Womens League has been restructured and clubs had to apply to get their places in the new Womens Super League. Sunderlands previous owner, Ellis Short, submitted their application along with plans for the team to go part time. They weren't selected - no reason was given. Sunderland are appealing the decision. 

As for being pish - 7 players in the current England womans squad came through at Sunderland. There isn't another club in the English leagues with that kind of success rate in womans football. 

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

:rolleyes:

I’ve seen that link in 4 or 5 articles online. Don’t make it out like you’ve got an inside track! 

Aw good, does that mean I don't have to prove this one

Edited by StuD