New Manager Latest Odds

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I can’t see anything inMickey Mellons record that inspires me.

“i suppose he might be OK” is as excited as I can get 

Sadly it seems the Jack Ross swallow has not made a summer for saints

happy to be proved wrong

You know it will be Caldwell or along these lines. No matter who they are they  will have our backing. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

10 hours ago, StuD said:

I'm not being funny. You're post is almost as sexist as Lord Pity Me suggesting that Guti' wife - a successful TV presenter - should become a Spanish teacher in the Greenock area. 

I've given you the names of four ladies who have superb  records in the sport. A world cup winning manager who coached her team from the under's upwards. The Asian female sports coach of the year. One of the top technical directors in the English game. And a record breaking Scottish Footballer with a tremendous goalscoring record who is being tipped for greatness in coaching by all of the people who have managed her previously. Highly credible candidates in management - certainly better and more experienced than any of the men being touted for the job. Yet your sexist response is that until one woman proves herself in a man's dressing room they shouldn't get their chance. 

Bizarre. 

The only bizarre thing around here is how you managed to interpret my post in that light.

I shall leave you to it.

I am neither biting nor playing.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I can’t see anything inMickey Mellons record that inspires me.

“i suppose he might be OK” is as excited as I can get 

Sadly it seems the Jack Ross swallow has not made a summer for saints

happy to be proved wrong

I think we'll be going practical and pragmatic...................with whoever it is

:huh:

So no more bi polar behaviours thank you.

24 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think its probably nothing like the nonsense being described. I'm sure its a fairly straightforward process with a few sound candidates and an announcement on Friday of a fairly solid proven manager that everyone can get behind.

Dull. You forgot to put the word "dull" before "manager".

You are probably right. We can then all settle down to some top notch mediocrity next season.

Let the battle for 8th commence.

35 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

J.J. over in Pie & Bovril saying it won't be Mellon. J.J. is normally spot on. 

I  assume he either has a crystal ball or is sitting in the interview panel? How can anyone outside St Mirren FC know the outcome of a process that hasn’t yet been concluded?  Anyway, StuD has told us John Kennedy has got the job so maybe you are right mate.

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

I  assume he either has a crystal ball or is sitting in the interview panel? How can anyone outside St Mirren FC know the outcome of a process that hasn’t yet been concluded?  Anyway, StuD has told us John Kennedy has got the job so maybe you are right mate.

Yep. Im hearing this morning John Kennedy is considering an offer

Caldwell and McIntyre are the least inspiring of the names being mentioned just now. Who knows what the NI bloke could do - bit of a wild card that one.

My current position (other than being generally relaxed about it) is heart says Guti, heid says Mellon.

Alan Stubbs and Gary Caldwell interviewed yesterday. Oran Kearney and Jim McIntyre interviewed today and one of those four will be appointed by the end of the week according to an ITK’er friend of mine.

Would take McIntyre from that lot. Least he’s got experience of keeping teams up.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

So Kennedy is considering an offer before the club have concluded interviews? He must be a stellar candidate!

Why is he considering an offer when he was appointed last week? It's almost as if someone is making things up as he goes along.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Alan Stubbs and Gary Caldwell interviewed yesterday. Oran Kearney and Jim McIntyre interviewed today and one of those four will be appointed by the end of the week according to an ITK’er friend of mine.

Would take McIntyre from that lot. Least he’s got experience of keeping teams up.

Pretty underwhelmed by that list tbh.

Stubbs would be a distant 4th for me. The rest are all kind of on the same level.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What no Guti, McCarthy or Klivert. Anyone would this someone at St Mirren has been going through an old Panini sticker book and picking names at random to have a laugh at the fans response.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Looking at these names Stnbbs would be not bad who knows maybe Oran will impress.  

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

From that list:

1) Kearney

2) McIntyre

3) Caldwell

4) Stubbs

Hoping that your information is pish, my list is:

1) Guti

2) Guti

3) Guti

4) Guti

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

Caldwell and McIntyre are the least inspiring of the names being mentioned just now. Who knows what the NI bloke could do - bit of a wild card that one.

My current position (other than being generally relaxed about it) is heart says Guti, heid says Mellon.

Jim McIntyre would be a cracking appointment.

His work at Ross County was tremendous.

Took over with them miles adrift and got them to 9th.

Next 2 seasons 6th and 7th with a League Cup win in there. Ross County we are talking here !!!!

Got sacked next season by a moron of a chairman when the club had a pile of injuries and appointed Coyle !!!.So relegated. Would never have happened with McIntrye and Dodds.

They are both smashing coaches who would do a first class job at St Mirren.

They have had a pile of time also to assess players whilst out of the game and would hit the ground running.

So don't see the issue with Jim McIntrye at ALL

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Currently 5/1, 10/1, 4/1 and 4/1 on McBookie. A tenner on each would give a guaranteed profit :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre would be a cracking appointment.

His work at Ross County was tremendous.

Took over with them miles adrift and got them to 9th.

Next 2 seasons 6th and 7th with a League Cup win in there. Ross County we are talking here !!!!

Got sacked next season by a moron of a chairman when the club had a pile of injuries and appointed Coyle !!!.So relegated. Would never have happened with McIntrye and Dodds.

They are both smashing coaches who would do a first class job at St Mirren.

They have had a pile of time also to assess players whilst out of the game and would hit the ground running.

So don't see the issue with Jim McIntrye at ALL

Is that the same guy who was throwing millions into the club?