New Manager Latest Odds

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
13 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

It looks like it will be one of Stubbs/Caldwell/McIntyre/Kearney for the job using GLS criteria (knowledge of Scottish football) McIntyre probably shades it.

I walked past Jack Ross chatting on his phone in Gordon Street Glasgow this lunchtime.

Is there any chance he doesn't fancy Sunderland after all and he's back up here for an interview with our Tony ?

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

For those of us without a subscription, the gist please?

Cheers.

Should play without a subscription.

Says it's "very unlikely" it'll be one of the big names because we need someone that knows the Scottish market. 

Would be amazing if we can spin it so it's St Mirren that turn down Guti rather than the other way around.

Out of that dreary list and following that depressing and downright defeatist interview from GLS I would say Stubbs is probably the best, McIntyre second. 

Is there another sport where competitors openly admit they cannot hope to compete with the best before the competition has even started?

What a f**king country :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Thanks guys, got it that time.

Ach well, it was fun while it lasted.

He is being sensible and pragmatic, to be fair. It is likely to be a wee bit of an anti-climax, but how many of us genuinely believed it was going to be a box office appointment?

The main thing is that we get behind the new manager, whoever he is.

17 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

basically saying the foreign interest is great - and they are not completely ruled out - but they have little knowledge of Scottish football and we are really looking for someone to come in right away and hit the ground running.

Makes you wonder why Robbie Neilson ruled himself out as he was the stand out in that category.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Out of that dreary list and following that depressing and downright defeatist interview from GLS I would say Stubbs is probably the best, McIntyre second. 

Is there another sport where competitors openly admit they cannot hope to compete with the best before the competition has even started?

What a f**king country :lol:

Yep it happens in nearly every top football league in Europe last time I looked. Champions League doesn't change much season to season. Money might just be an issue ? 

Edited by lenziebud

23 minutes ago, Drew said:

For those of us without a subscription, the gist please?

Cheers.

Don't need a paid subscription - just a free Sky ID. Gordon says it's important for the manager to have a good knowledge of Scottish football, the Scottish market and to a lesser extent the English market. Says he doesn't rule out the likes of Kluivert, Guti and McCarthy completely but says it's very unlikely.

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

Makes you wonder why Robbie Neilson ruled himself out as he was the stand out in that category.

My complete guess about Neilson is that he's still being paid-up his contract by MK Dons and it's too much money to lose out on.  Just a guess...

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

Thanks guys, got it that time.

Ach well, it was fun while it lasted.

He is being sensible and pragmatic, to be fair. It is likely to be a wee bit of an anti-climax, but how many of us genuinely believed it was going to be a box office appointment?

The main thing is that we get behind the new manager, whoever he is.

Whoever it is will get my complete support, and I'll do what I've done before every single season supporting the Saints - get carried away with how well I think we can do, and fill myself with optimism for the year ahead. Absolutely no point in being negative once a manager is in place. Well, not until they have had a chance to prove themselves to be unsuitable for the job...

20 hours ago, zico said:

I repeated that YOU said it was a foreign bank!

You need to stop digging wee man emoji23.png

Yer shovel must be getting worn out petal, never mind I'm sure that you can justify it in the wee small hours when  reality is bangin at yer door... bless :wub:

5 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Rumour is he knocked us back because it would affect his pay off from MK Dons. 

Nope, he knocked St Mirren back because of the unreasonable expectations of the board. Tony Fitzpatrick told him in a telephone conversation that he would be expected, with the current squad, to achieve 4th place. 6th at worst. 

Neilsons comment was that it might be a good job for the manager AFTER this appointment as perhaps by that time reality would have sunk in at Paisley. 

Just now, FTOF said:
12 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

You are correct. Our offer didn't compensate for his potential loss. I suppose you can't blame him for that.

Absolutely he has every right to look after his own interests first.

By the time his comp has run its course he’ll probably get the offer of a bigger job.

2 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Absolutely he has every right to look after his own interests first.

By the time his comp has run its course he’ll probably get the offer of a bigger job.

The longer he is out of a job, the less likely it is that he will get many decent offers when that time comes.

15 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Not sure I would buy that unless he is getting a monthly wage well above what we can pay. Then you have to ask why he said in the press a few weeks ago that he would take any position manager, coach to get back into the game It's weird . 

10 minutes ago, StuD said:

Nope, he knocked St Mirren back because of the unreasonable expectations of the board. Tony Fitzpatrick told him in a telephone conversation that he would be expected, with the current squad, to achieve 4th place. 6th at worst. 

Neilsons comment was that it might be a good job for the manager AFTER this appointment as perhaps by that time reality would have sunk in at Paisley. 

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Alan Stubbs and Gary Caldwell interviewed yesterday. Oran Kearney and Jim McIntyre interviewed today and one of those four will be appointed by the end of the week according to an ITK’er friend of mine.

Would take McIntyre from that lot. Least he’s got experience of keeping teams up.

Only safe thing to say is , if that's the definitive list , my ST money will be staying in the bank .

18 minutes ago, StuD said:

Prove all of this.