New Manager Latest Odds

36 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Yer shovel must be getting worn out petal, never mind I'm sure that you can justify it in the wee small hours when  reality is bangin at yer door... bless :wub:

HSBC is a foreign bank! :1eye 

43 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Don't need a paid subscription - just a free Sky ID. Gordon says it's important for the manager to have a good knowledge of Scottish football, the Scottish market and to a lesser extent the English market. Says he doesn't rule out the likes of Kluivert, Guti and McCarthy completely but says it's very unlikely.

Makes you wonder why it's taken so long. :wacko:

Don't need a paid subscription - just a free Sky ID. Gordon says it's important for the manager to have a good knowledge of Scottish football, the Scottish market and to a lesser extent the English market. Says he doesn't rule out the likes of Kluivert, Guti and McCarthy completely but says it's very unlikely.
Makes you wonder why we identified Kearney as a candidate.

2 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Hi Robbie, Tony here. If a gi yi the job I'm expecting fourth tap o the league, sixth at the very worst, can yi promise me that.

Naw! Yer dreaming. I'll try an stop yi getting relegated again. How does that sound?

Relegated?  A wis hoping yi wid get us intae Europe.

Whit?  Sounds  like yi got the wrang number... try Robbie's Budget Travel at the airport.

Your patter is shit. 

For those of us without a subscription, the gist please?
Cheers.

Practical and pragmatic and realistic, hopefully functional and effective.
So prepare to feel like it’s Christmas and you got a few pairs of socks in a present.
Necessary and practical, but not much fun, yet imagine life without them.
So.................[emoji24]

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Maybe so but there's many on here falling hook, line and sinker for it. Oaksoft even detailed how Gutti could win the Scottish Premiership last night with a team full of Spanish loanees. 

St Mirren fans should, by now, be well aware of the kind of bollocks Tony Fitzpatrick comes away with. The publicity will have done St Mirren no harm I suppose, but fans are going to be on a right downer - and the new manager off to a right bad start - when the far more dull reality is revealed. 

But StuD (citing your last paragraph) why would that be when John Kennedy is being appointed (according to you)?

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

But StuD (citing your last paragraph) why would that be when John Kennedy is being appointed (according to you)?

I never said Kennedy would be an exciting appointment, or even my prefered appointment. I just said he would get it. 

Edited by StuD

This doesn't sound all that promising (maybe sensible though)

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1417584-st-mirren-to-rebuff-famous-candidates-for-homegrown-coach/

Seems to rule Kearney out also, Caldwell has never manged in Scotland, Mellon also, so that leaves McIntyre?

Not convinced McIntyre seems to the great motivator Scott is hoping for.  More like a "sign a huge number of diddies and hope some of them aren't too bad" kind of manager

Edited by ds10

That interview with GLS is so depressing proves once and for all it wasn't a master stroke getting Jack but rather a Stroke of Luck.

2 of the 4 candidates supposedly getting interviewed do not even match the criteria GLS talks about (Knowledge of Scottish Football).

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not sure I would buy that unless he is getting a monthly wage well above what we can pay. Then you have to ask why he said in the press a few weeks ago that he would take any position manager, coach to get back into the game It's weird . 

He would have been - he left Hearts to go there, and Hearts will pay a monthly wage well above what we can pay...

34 minutes ago, andrew87 said:
1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Makes you wonder why we identified Kearney as a candidate.

Important but not imperative. That's why he didn't completely rule out any of the big names. The interview process will be important too. Also, there's no guarantee that the chairman is laying all of his cards on the table with regards to who will get the job.