New Manager Latest Odds

14 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He wasn't one of the fantastic four mentioned

Can you hand season tickets back

We are already ahead of last year's figures in Season Ticket Sales. Once a manager is appointed and new players start coming in they will take another jump unless of course we talk ourselves down. Something that one or two people are experts in. Half empty glass doesn't cover it when it comes to criticism but search for positive suggestions from those involved and they are rarer than Scottish Cup Final Wins for Hibs

Edited by St.Ricky

Ach well, it continues the 'back to earth with a bang' theme since the end of the season.
At least I've got my holiday in a fortnight to look forward to!

Did you no say that about your holidays last week [emoji41]

As others have intimated, unless there's a sudden new entrant to the race, the rather unexciting list of candidates won't be attracting the as yet undecided potential purchasers of season tickets.

Also, for those individuals ruling out Kearney because he'll have no knowledge of Scottish football. It's Northern Ireland he resides in and not Outer f**king Mongolia.

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As others have intimated, unless there's a sudden new entrant to the race, the rather unexciting list of candidates won't be attracting the as yet undecided potential purchasers of season tickets.

Also, for those individuals ruling out Kearney because he'll have no knowledge of Scottish football. It's Northern Ireland he resides in and not Outer f**king Mongolia.

I don't agree. OK.  It's not one of the very high profile candidates but it's hardly a poor choice either. Said already,  once a manager has been appointed and players start coming in then season tickets  (already ahead of last year) will take another jump. We really are talented at talking ourselves down. We are in good shape with an ambitious but pragmatic chairman and board.  What a great time the last 20 months have been and I expect the future to be challenging but exciting.

I can't imagine Oran having much knowledge of Scottish football or players. Coleraine don't sign players from Scotland. We usually sign local players and local as in 30 or 40 miles away. Most of our current squad all live very local to Coleraine.  Add in raising a family, being a teacher and taking training two nights a week, I doubt he's ever had time to think about players in Scotlands lower leagues and I say lower as if wanting to sign a player for Coleraine from Scotland we would be looking at lower league players. 

Would he be allowed time as I'm sure he's never seen St Mirren play or knows any players. 

Edited by Bannsider

36 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

What a difference in mood from a few short weeks ago.

League champions, looking forward to a decent season then...................boom!

Manager gone, supposed applicants leaving many less than enthralled. 

It's going to be an exciting season. 

I think it will be once the new manager gives his opening speech add new strips players coming in before you know it we will be back in cloud 9. Nothing worse than a rudderless ship with no captain.  

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Doubt any new manager will get the support as excited as Ross did. 

Fingers crossed.  

When he was appointed I seem to remember the reaction was supportive but a lot of people were unsure, only some of us (like me) thought it was a great appointment.

10 minutes ago, Bannsider said:

I can't imagine Oran having much knowledge of Scottish football or players. Coleraine don't sign players from Scotland. We usually sign local players and local as in 30 or 40 miles away. Most of our current squad all live very local to Coleraine.  Add in raising a family, being a teacher and taking training two nights a week, I doubt he's ever had time to think about players in Scotlands lower leagues and I say lower as if wanting to sign a player for Coleraine from Scotland we would be looking at lower league players. 

Would he be allowed time as I'm sure he's never seen St Mirren play or knows any players. 

I can't comment on what he knows or doesn't know about Scottish football.

However just because he manages in Northern Ireland doesn't mean that he hasn't been studying the set up in the football leagues in Scotland and has some knowledge of players in the league.

You'd imagine that someone who was praised by Michael O'Neill for his level of planning and organisation, has cast his net wider than the league that he manages in, and might have developed some knowledge of current affairs Scottish football.

I doubt that Alan Stubbs has been studying us or available players in depth either.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

When he was appointed I seem to remember the reaction was supportive but a lot of people were unsure, only some of us (like me) thought it was a great appointment.

I was delighted when we got Jack in. I was also horrified when we appointed Tommy Craig.

Not that it's a precedent for anything. I was also delighted when we brought in Ian Murray :lol:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can fully understand where Scott is coming from this is a huge season for us it's vital we stay up and get established first and foremst. Scott is right the logistics of moving a family from one country to a unfamiliar country is risky. Throw  In a manager who knows absolutely nothing about Scottish football then that picture becomes faded. We need someone who knows what players can be signed to have a full squad ready for pre-sason training. Im at a loss who it will be or better put I don't care as long as it is done and dusted by Friday. Lastly from watching Scott's interview I'm certain Scott has picked his man already. Bring it on. 

John Kennedy......

Really?
Christ, I'd heard he had been given permission and was at Ralston yesterday? :huh:

It’s been an entertaining thread no doubt.

But it’s petering out a bit like the firework ‘display’ we had as we left Love Street.

I like people claiming they know & papers reckoning they know, but when all said and done they all know the square root of f**k all.

St Mirren don’t ring round the media or the ITK fans and say who they are considering , who’s applied etc etc , so hopefully it’ll be a good choice & people support whoever is appointed gets full support and not slagged before we play a competitive game.

12 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Do we buy season tickets to watch the team or the manager?  

My thoughts exactly. I don't have a season ticket due to living 550 miles away, but if I was local I'd be buying it regardless of whoever was in charge. We support St Mirren, not solely the manager.

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

What a difference in mood from a few short weeks ago.

League champions, looking forward to a decent season then...................boom!

Manager gone, supposed applicants leaving many less than enthralled. 

It's going to be an exciting season. 

St Mirren have mishandled this spectacularly. 

What they should have done is put out the story that they were interviewing Allan McManus and Jamie Langfield for the job. Then with the fans seriously underwhelmed they could have got the support behind them as at the last minute they dramatically produce Alan Stubbs as manager. Instead they've built everyone up to the extent that some have been goading Rangers fans about the quality of manager St Mirren were going to recruit - only to pop the bubble to scenes of great hilarity at the expense of St Mirren fans as Gordon Scott says the final shortlist includes a PE teacher. 

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I was delighted when we got Jack in. I was also horrified when we appointed Tommy Craig.

Not that it's a precedent for anything. I was also delighted when we brought in Ian Murray :lol:

So was I! 

9 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I think people buy season tickets in the belief that the team will be successful. 

If you can't see that Ross was a major part in that belief time you visited spec savers. 

We have no idea how successful we would have been with Jack here or will be with the new manager. Of course Jack gets the lion’s share of plaudits but the squad were the ones getting the results. There were some screaming for Jack’s sacking during the first few months and yet with time it all clicked.  Also, with or without Jack we need to bring in another 8-9 players and blu then will we see how well we perform under the new guy- given time.

Fergie struggled in his first season in the top league.  I support the club first and foremost whoever manages or plays.  I have no idea who will get the job but we are not the old firm, Aberdeen or Embra duo who can offer a lot more money than we can. Living within our means the candidates we attract and afford will not be some of the fantasy figures mooted by the press. Why would someone like Guti who will be on a much higher salary in Spain come to a provisional club for less money?

No management appointment guarantees success and I will wish the successful man all the best and support him and the team as I have for over 50 years.