New Manager Latest Odds

It'll be Stubbs (most likely) or McIntyre.

It has now got to the stage that it could do with being confirmed one way or another. At least the interviews with GS prepared us to be thoroughly underwhelmed after all the fantasy chat earlier in the week.

As others have said, we now need to back whoever gets the job and hope he has enough about him to go toe to toe with the Martin Cannings and Neil McCanns of this world. Not too big an ask....

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

It'll be Stubbs (most likely) or McIntyre.

It has now got to the stage that it could do with being confirmed one way or another. At least the interviews with GS prepared us to be thoroughly underwhelmed after all the fantasy chat earlier in the week.

As others have said, we now need to back whoever gets the job and hope he has enough about him to go toe to toe with the Martin Cannings and Neil McCanns of this world. Not too big an ask....

Sums it up. Here’s what our collective attitude should be (IMHO), once the winner is announced and all our own favoured runners and riders have driven off into the sunset in their (hired for the interview to make GLS’ BMW i8 look shite) white Lamborghini’s....

’Welcome to St Mirren Mr or Mrs New Manager. Best wishes for the new season, do us proud. We are right behind you’.

Simple as that. No caveat, no agenda, no ‘didnae’ want you, you’re shite’ back story, just get behind whoever it is.

Then look at how they’re actually doing once they’ve been in OUR hotseat for a while - then judge them on that, and not what went before. I will certainly manage to do that, no matter if it’s Stubbs, Guti, McIntyre, Mellon, McCoist, Kennedy, Neilson.... or anyone else even remotely linked.

54 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

You would be happy if we employ a rookie manager with no experience? Most don't start at the top but serve an apprenticeship.

Yes, I'd be happy with a rookie manager.

I'd hardly say that St. Mirren is starting at the top! :lol:

St. Mirren are exactly the sort of club where a manager can serve an apprenticeship IMO!

We've appointed loads of managers in the past with no or minimal managerial experience.

4 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

What are the top five threads in the websites history in terms of number of posts as opposed to quality of debate and where does this thread sit? I will leave it up to individuals to decide on the quality of this one given the dearth of actual facts as to who is likely to emerge as our next manager.

The quality of this thread is at least half-decent, due to many of the wallopers in the Wank Tank not pissing all over it with their multi-alias vapid pish.

IMHO. Mind you, the shit I’ve contributed might bring the overall rating down a notch. :P

Edited by pozbaird

How can Stubbs possibly be appointed before McIntyre. 

His league record as a manager is probably as bad as it gets, couple of good cup runs and thats it.

Kearney is an unknown and we'd have to trust the boards judgement. Don't think he'll get it mind.

Caldwell for me is a non starter.

Edited by lenziebud

His league record as a manager is probably as bad as it gets, couple of good cup runs and thats it.

Kearney is an unknown and we'd have to trust the boards judgement. Don't think he'll get it mind.

McIntyre dosent want the job until he gets his watch back [emoji12][emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji4]

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Out of the 4 left, it has to be Jim McIntyre for me.

McIntyre at Ross Co. - Played 137, won 50, drew 33

Gary Caldwell at Chesterfield - played 29, won 3

Alan Stubbs at Rotherham  - played 14, won 1

Oran Kearney is an unknown quantity

Just now, Buddie-Boy said:

I suppose we shouldn’t mention Stubbs 58 wins in 100 games at Hibs then.....just in case it skews your stats!!

2 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

I think you will find Stubbs win rate at Hibs is easily the best of any candidate left - why didn't you quote that one ?

Just now, WeeBud said:

I suppose we shouldn’t mention Stubbs 58 wins in 100 games at Hibs then.....just in case it skews your stats!!

and total failure to have a club like Hibs anywhere near promotion from Championship over 2 seasons !. then he moves on to Rotherham and flops completely adding no value to the club at all. 

overrated and living off a coaching role at Everton

Just now, lenziebud said:

and total failure to have a club like Hibs anywhere near promotion from Championship over 2 seasons !. then he moves on to Rotherham and flops completely adding no value to the club at all. 

58 wins in 100 games plus a Scottish Cup win = total failure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Neilson flopped at MK Dons, yet was the preferred option for many. Yes, he'd achieved more in Scotland prior to his move dahn saaf, but who is to say that Stubbs wouldn't have kicked on up here if he had stuck around?

It's all ifs and buts. There is no stand out candidate left in the running as far as I'm aware, so we just have to hope that whoever gets the job shapes up well.

Well, one thing we can certainly conclude from this thread is that the support will be divided whoever gets the gig.

I suppose that was inevitable, but I hope we can all agree that very little will be achieved by spouting negativity on here and elsewhere before he has even overseen a competitive game. Even then, we should be looking at a quarter season before judging him to any great degree. That is what Jack Ross required before he really lit a spark.

The new man will have the advantage of bringing his own players in immediately - something Jack didn't have. On the flip side, we are in a much tougher league, now, so the job is more challenging.

Even with the Cup win it seemed a lot of Hibs fans weren't to sad to see him move on. Same goes with McIntyre and the County support although I get the feeling they wouldn't have finished bottom dogs if they'd stuck with him.

Caldwell's record doesn't enthuse at all.

Kearney? A tough one to call as managing in a different environment in what is largely a part-time league.

I assume it won't be Caldwell. The rest have pros and cons but do any have the vision of Jack Ross? I'm not convinced on that score.