New Manager Latest Odds

2 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

But but but Dicko was in the know. That can’t be right Drew

I'm just hoping that he put a stack of cash on it, as the significant loss he will suffer means it is less likely that he will be visiting unsuspecting electrical retailers any time soon :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's not John Kennedy, you won't be surprised to hear.

You won't be surprised to hear who it is, either....

Its got to be McIntyre or is it Stubbs its all getting boring Drew.  Club get the man in and lets move onto players coming in for more debate lol. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Its got to be McIntyre or is it Stubbs its all getting boring Drew.  Club get the man in and lets move onto players coming in for more debate lol. 

It's not McIntyre, Ian.

Regarding Alan Stubb's time as Hibs manager. one reason why he has a good win record is because Hibs did pretty well in the cups during the two seasons he was in charge.

During his first season (2014-15), Hibs won two League Cup ties (against Dumbarton & Ross County) before going out on penalties to Dundee United. Hibs also made the semi-final of the Scottish Cup that season, beating Alloa, Arbroath and Berwick before losing to Falkirk. They won 1 play-off game against Rangers International but lost the tie on goal difference (the season where Rangers were managed by McCoist, then McDowall, then Stuart McCall - i.e. the comedy gold version of Rangers). So there are 6 wins out of 9 in one season that are unrelated to how Hibs were doing in the league. Their league form that season was as follows:

Played 36; Won 21; Drawn 7; Lost 8; For 70; Against 32; Goal Difference 38; Points 70 - Hibs finished 2nd, 21 points behind Hearts and 3 points ahead of Rangers International FC.

At his disposal that season Stubbs had the likes of Jason Cummings (top scorer in the league), Dominique Malonga (joint 4th top scorer), Lewis Stevenson, Scott Allan, Dylan McGeoch, Fraser Fyvie, Sam Stanton, Farid El Agagui.

The following season, the aim once again was to win promotion back to the premiership. Stubbs' record in the league was identical to the previous season except their goals for column was inferior as was their goal against. This time they finished 11 points behind Rangers and finished on the same points as Falkirk but with a worse goal difference.  Once again they lost out in the promotion play-offs at the semi-final stage (this time to Falkirk). Once again they were in good form in the cups, losing the League Cup Final to Ross County having beaten Montrose, Stranraer, Aberdeen, Dundee United and St Johnstone en route to Hampden.  The same season they also won the Scottish Cup beating Rangers 3-2 in the final. 10 wins that season came in the cup with another win against Raith Rovers coming in the promotion play off quarter final.

In addition to the squad the previous season Hibs signed John McGinn, Liam Henderson, Darren McGregor, Islam Feruz, Kevin Thomson, Tony Stokes during the season and still couldn't get out the Championship!

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Regarding Alan Stubb's time as Hibs manager. one reason why he has a good win record is because Hibs did pretty well in the cups during the two seasons he was in charge.

During his first season (2014-15), Hibs won two League Cup ties (against Dumbarton & Ross County) before going out on penalties to Dundee United. Hibs also made the semi-final of the Scottish Cup that season, beating Alloa, Arbroath and Berwick before losing to Falkirk. They won 1 play-off game against Rangers International but lost the tie on goal difference (the season where Rangers were managed by McCoist, then McDowall, then Stuart McCall - i.e. the comedy gold version of Rangers). So there are 6 wins out of 9 in one season that are unrelated to how Hibs were doing in the league. Their league form that season was as follows:

Played 36; Won 21; Drawn 7; Lost 8; For 70; Against 32; Goal Difference 38; Points 70 - Hibs finished 2nd, 21 points behind Hearts and 3 points ahead of Rangers International FC.

At his disposal that season Stubbs had the likes of Jason Cummings (top scorer in the league), Dominique Malonga (joint 4th top scorer), Lewis Stevenson, Scott Allan, Dylan McGeoch, Fraser Fyvie, Sam Stanton, Farid El Agagui.

The following season, the aim once again was to win promotion back to the premiership. Stubbs' record in the league was identical to the previous season except their goals for column was inferior as was their goal against. This time they finished 11 points behind Rangers and finished on the same points as Falkirk but with a worse goal difference.  Once again they lost out in the promotion play-offs at the semi-final stage (this time to Falkirk). Once again they were in good form in the cups, losing the League Cup Final to Ross County having beaten Montrose, Stranraer, Aberdeen, Dundee United and St Johnstone en route to Hampden.  The same season they also won the Scottish Cup beating Rangers 3-2 in the final. 10 wins that season came in the cup with another win against Raith Rovers coming in the promotion play off quarter final.

In addition to the squad the previous season Hibs signed John McGinn, Liam Henderson, Darren McGregor, Islam Feruz, Kevin Thomson, Tony Stokes during the season and still couldn't get out the Championship!

What a long-winded way of saying welcome to St Mirren....

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

What a long-winded way of saying welcome to St Mirren....

ETA - if you intend to start a Alan Stubbs Must Go thread, you better get in quickly before TC logs in. Tick tock, etc.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

With a similar squad Neil Lennon finished 3 points behind Rangers in their first season back in the SPL and coasted to promotion the season before.

'coasted to promotion' in league that contained neither Hearts or Sevco.

Anyway, who was your preferred option, and why?

Edited by Drew

Maybe the reason Hibs never made it out of the Championship at a canter wasn’t down to poor coaching, poor management, poor training methods or generally Stubbs being inept. Maybe, and I’m just putting it out there, the players themselves merely ‘Hibs-ed it’ when under pressure.

Like us shitting it against 9 men. Wasn’t all down to Gus, the men on the park turned to jelly in front of our eyes.

Equally, it could be down to Stubbs being pish. 

Either way, Stubbs fault or some shitebags in the strips, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that he does a job for us. Here are my ‘demands’...

1. Avoid instant relegation.

2. Don’t take us back to the days of Gus 0-0 shitfests v Hamilton.

3. Don’t get fcuked 7-0 by an ‘OF’ team.

4. Bring on younger players.

5. Don’t get papped oot the cup by some diddy team like Annan or Peterhead.

That’s it. Really, for me, that’s it.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

With a similar squad Neil Lennon finished 3 points behind Rangers in their first season back in the SPL and coasted to promotion the season before.

He got around the same number of points in the Championship as Stubbs, but in an easier league, with no Hearts and Rangers to contend with. 

Just now, lenziebud said:

Think you'll be repeating that by January

Ah well, who knows. I don't have a crystal ball, so will just have to get behind the new man and hope he does well. As far as I'm aware, that is what supporting your club is all about.

Just now, Drew said:

Ah well, who knows. I don't have a crystal ball, so will just have to get behind the new man and hope he does well. As far as I'm aware, that is what supporting your club is all about.

Of course I'll support him and want to be wrong but for me its a poor appointment. Maybe 3rd time lucky for him

If it is indeed Stubbs, he definitely imo looks the best man from the shortlist. As has been said - had a good record at Hibs and did the impossible,  won them the cup which many, many tried and failed to do. As for the Rotherham job , I think it's a bit unfair to judge him on 2 months.  If we had done the same with Ross,  I don't think we would be in our current position. 

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

'coasted to promotion' in league that contained neither Hearts or Sevco.

Anyway, who was your preferred option, and why?

Lennon & Hibs finished 18 points better off than Hearts this season, and when they won promotion they finished 11 points clear of a Falkirk team who finished ahead f them on goal difference the previous season.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Lennon & Hibs finished 18 points better off than Hearts this season, and when they won promotion they finished 11 points clear of a Falkirk team who finished ahead f them on goal difference the previous season.

...and this affects Stubbs chances of doing us a turn in what way?

Does someone have Alex Ferguson’s East Stirlingshire stats’ to hand? I’m concerned that he wisnae’ too hot in games against Montrose or  Arbroath before we took a punt.

Incidentally, I’m not saying Stubbs will be our next Sir Grumpy, but I need stats, I demand them.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

...and this affects Stubbs chances of doing us a turn in what way?

Beat me to it. What a bizarre point.

I suppose it is coming from a man who spent around 90% of last season trying to find fault with Jack Ross.