New Manager Latest Odds

7 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Of course I'll support him and want to be wrong but for me its a poor appointment. Maybe 3rd time lucky for him

He won the Scottish Cup with Hibs. I think anyone would consider that a success.

Anyway, perhaps we should let him sit on his manager's chair, at his manager's desk, and shuffle his manager's papers before judging him.

'coasted to promotion' in league that contained neither Hearts or Sevco.
Anyway, who was your preferred option, and why?

Stubbs finished behind Falkirk then lost to Falkirk in the play offs.

I think you’ll find that Falkirk are neither Hearts or Sevco.

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Of course I'll support him and want to be wrong but for me its a poor appointment. Maybe 3rd time lucky for him

I wouldn't say 3rd time lucky,  he was a success at Hibs. 

Alex Smith is still fondly remembered for the same reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Beat me to it. What a bizarre point.

I suppose it is coming from a man who spent around 90% of last season trying to find fault with Jack Ross.

I understand looking at Stubbs’ overall career as a guide, and to be fair, it appears patchy. Having said that, none of the genuine contenders for a St Mirren managerial gig will likely ever have stellar stats’ at previous clubs, they’ll all be patchy, or they’d be going for bigger gigs than ours. No disrspect to us of course.... so I must be excused for not giving much of a fcuk how many points Hibs, Hearts, Sevco or Falkirk garnered a few seasons ago.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Beat me to it. What a bizarre point.

I suppose it is coming from a man who spent around 90% of last season trying to find fault with Jack Ross.

Drew, I look forward to you providing evidence of me spending 90% of last season finding fault with Jack Ross.

Maybe if we had checked out Ian Murray's stats at Dumbarton we could have been back in the premiership sooner!

Does someone have Alex Ferguson’s East Stirlingshire stats’ to hand? I’m concerned that he wisnae’ too hot in games against Montrose or  Arbroath before we took a punt.
Incidentally, I’m not saying Stubbs will be our next Sir Grumpy, but I need stats, I demand them.

Aye, cos East Stirling are comparable with Hibs!

:1eye

44 minutes ago, car-d bud said:

mccoist has cancelled his talk sport show in london tomorrow, unveiling?

Would take him and mcdowall over stubbs and at 25/1 was quite appealing. Guti now 6/4 favourite for Real job and looks like he will be confirmed as murcia wanted him and couldn't get him. No smoke without fire.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Drew, I look forward to you providing evidence of me spending 90% of last season finding fault with Jack Ross.

Maybe if we had checked out Ian Murray's stats at Dumbarton we could have been back in the premiership sooner!

Okay, 88%.

Your obsession with stats is interesting. Who ever won anything with stats?

Edited by Drew

Not downplaying that Stubbs was in charge of Hibs at the time when the Championship was at its strongest but when you look at the squad he had at his disposal... 20 points behind Neilson and Hearts 1 season and losing out to Falkirk the following season doesn't make a great case when you read who was in their first team squad. Also not seeing much evidence of him bringing through homegrown young players at Hibs (surely one of the key remits at St Mirren)?

25 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Anyone checked the latest bookies odds?

Yup

Best outside Bets are

Its Stephen Kenny 500000-1

John Kennedy 125000000-1

or Zindane at 25-1

My understanding is - its Stubbs- but hey what do I know, I actually listen to some on here

8 hours ago, andrew87 said:

He thinks McCoist would be a good choice. On this basis I wouldn't trust his judgement too much.

You know what; I don't hold with this consistent slagging of McCoist, he was new to being a manager when he stepped in at Rangers and expectations as ever were Huge, but lets be honest he was a good footballer and in a less pressurized environment he might do better and then again maybe not, but at least he has a personality unlike some of the 'others' and Mark Yardley is as entitled to his opinion (probably more so since he is an ex player)  than those who berate McCoist.

29 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Murray was the manager of the best P/T in the country (with & without JR) and had experience of the Campionsip - excellent credentials. 

I don't remember many folk decrying the appointment at the time.

If anything Stubbs appointment reminds me more of JRs which IIRC was greeted wit a lot more Meh - hopefully a good sign! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

You would be happy if we employ a rookie manager with no experience? Most don't start at the top but serve an apprenticeship.

as do mechanics but obviously Zico's brain surgeon was new to the game and that explains his arguments:whistle