New Manager Latest Odds

7 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

A battle of the red and blue scoucers for fourth place :D

Does this have something to do with Brillo Pads, or maybe Merlin, Gandalf or Harry bleedin’ Potter?

Just what has this got to do with our new manager, good Sir? :P

Edited by pozbaird

You know what; I don't hold with this consistent slagging of McCoist, he was new to being a manager when he stepped in at Rangers and expectations as ever were Huge, but lets be honest he was a good footballer and in a less pressurized environment he might do better and then again maybe not, but at least he has a personality unlike some of the 'others' and Mark Yardley is as entitled to his opinion (probably more so since he is an ex player)  than those who berate McCoist.
McCoist might have been new to management but was paying players £7k a week to play against part-timers. If McCoist was being interviewed then we might as well interview Dick Campbell as well. He's won more with Brechin and Arbroath than Ally did with Rangers. By the way I really don't think we should appoint Dick Campbell.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Black & White Army mobile app

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Murray was the manager of the best P/T in the country (with & without JR) and had experience of the Campionsip - excellent credentials. 

I don't remember many folk decrying the appointment at the time.

If anything Stubbs appointment reminds me more of JRs which IIRC was greeted wit a lot more Meh - hopefully a good sign! 

Dumbarton were horsed at least once by pretty much everyone in the league that season, Cowdenbeath and Alloa who were relegated that season even scored freely against Dumbarton. We appointed the manager of the team who were the lowest scorers and worst defensive record of the teams left in the league.  Goal difference -43... massive drop in their performance from the previous season.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Dumbarton were horsed at least once by pretty much everyone in the league that season, Cowdenbeath and Alloa who were relegated that season even scored freely against Dumbarton. We appointed the manager of the team who were the lowest scorers and worst defensive record of the teams left in the league.  Goal difference -43... massive drop in their performance from the previous season.

Does this sort of stuff actually give you a hard-on? :lol:

One of my best pals is a huge Hibs fan, this is what he had to say

“Stubbs is a legend for obvious reasons. I’ll be honest it wasn’t all great; highs and lows. But, he did take a team that was on its knees and built a good side. He’s got a great eye for a player; Gray, Boyle, Allan, McGeouch, Henderson and persuaded McGinn to join a team in the championship. He struggled with breaking down teams in the championship and that’s were he failed. Second place in the first season was good cause hearts strolled it. But, failed in the first round of the play offs then beaten off Falkirk  the next season after finishing 3rd, which was really poor. Although I think we failed due too many games in a short period with being in both cups.
His record against hearts, rangers (bar the playoffs) and the premiership sides in the cups was excellent. Think he only lost once in 90 mins and that was the league cup final against county. I think he would have won us the championship the year we got up cause Lennon struggled to break teams down as well. Stubbs also had John Doolan as his assistant and he’s loved by the Hibs fans. A lot of folk said he was the brains behind it, but I think they were a good team together. As I said he built the foundations along with Dempster. He should have never of went to Rotherham. Poisonous chalice. Another crap English team who think they’re better than they are. They were always going to get relegated and Stubbs likes his teams to play good football and you cannae do that in a scrap. “

Edited by WeeBud

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Murray was the manager of the best P/T in the country (with & without JR) and had experience of the Campionsip - excellent credentials. 

I don't remember many folk decrying the appointment at the time.

I decried his appointment at the time!

as do mechanics but obviously Zico's brain surgeon was new to the game and that explains his arguments:whistle

Whilst your brain surgeon was struck off after a badly botched effort!

Incidentally, Stubbs served no apprenticeship before becoming Hibs manager!

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

One of my best pals is a huge Hibs fan, this is what he had to say

“Stubbs is a legend for obvious reasons. I’ll be honest it wasn’t all great; highs and lows. But, he did take a team that was on its knees and built a good side. He’s got a great eye for a player; Gray, Boyle, Allan, McGeouch, Henderson and persuaded McGinn to join a team in the championship. He struggled with breaking down teams in the championship and that’s were he failed. Second place in the first season was good cause hearts strolled it. But, failed in the first round of the play offs then beaten off Falkirk  the next season after finishing 3rd, which was really poor. Although I think we failed due too many games in a short period with being in both cups.
His record against hearts, rangers (bar the playoffs) and the premiership sides in the cups was excellent. Think he only lost once in 90 mins and that was the league cup final against county. I think he would have won us the championship the year we got up cause Lennon struggled to break teams down as well. Stubbs also had John Doolan as his assistant and he’s loved by the Hibs fans. A lot of folk said he was the brains behind it, but I think they were a good team together. As I said he built the foundations along with Dempster. He should have never of went to Rotherham. Poisonous chalice. Another crap English team who think they’re better than they are. They were always going to get relegated and Stubbs likes his teams to play good football and you cannae do that in a scrap. “

That sounds a bit more promising. 

9 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rangers Hearts & Hibs were in the Championship in Murray's last season wit Dumbarton - so you're  comparing apples & oranges like I said when the season finished they were still the best P/T team.

Rangers Hearts & Hibs were in the Championship in Murray's last season wit Dumbarton - so you're  comparing apples & oranges like I said when the season finished they were still the best P/T team.

What matters is that he was shit at St Mirren.

Just as Dibbles and myself predicted!

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

No Ricky just genuinely don't know. Go on tell me what your thinking. 

He had a man agent team at Hobs which included Alan Coombe as a coach. I was wondering if there might be a place for Goody as his assistant..Wishful thinking perhaps