New Manager Latest Odds

It really doesn’t matter any more if as individual fans, we wanted McIntyre, Goodwin, Micky, or Jose Mourinho.

What matters is that Stubbs got it, so we get behind him, his team, and the BoD who will be as keen as anyone for this appointment to work. It’s going to be hard enough going up to a top flight containing Sellik, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and and improving Killie.

It’ll be near impossible if we don’t get behind Alan Stubbs and his team. Let the opposition fans hand out abuse, let’s not start beating ourselves up from within.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

From those interviewed and going by the spec GLS outlined then Stubbs would be my choice. Promotion and Cup Win plus a very decent win ratio in Scotland. He seems to be better liked and respected by players than fans and that's OK with me. JR is not insincere but badge kissing does nothing for me. He was the man we needed  then.  Stubbs is the man we need now.

Totally agree. Our BOD took a huge risk with Jack and look how that turned out. Hibs played good football under Stubbs. It wont be hoofball and i look forward to some exciting signings. We will score goals. As long as its more than our oppostion at leasr  12 times it will be a good season.

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think you'll find he left Hibs cause the bullet was ready to be fired. No other reason IMO, he knew he was on borrowed time. 

Cups didnt matter at Easter Road. Being in Premiership was Stubbs brief.

Apologies for replying twice but I can't believe that the first cup win on 114 years was not important to the team. Players,  Fans and Club. 

Just now, pozbaird said:

It really doesn’t matter any more if as individual fans, we wanted McIntyre, Goodwin, Micky, or Jose Mourinho.

What matters is that Stubbs got it, so we get behind him, his team, and the BoD who will be as keen as anyone for this appointment to work. It’s going to be hard enough going up to a top flight containing Sellik, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and and improving Killie.

It’ll be near impossible if we don’t get behind Alan Stubbs and his team. Let the opposition fans hand out abuse, let’s not start beating ourselves up from

This.

19 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think you'll find he left Hibs cause the bullet was ready to be fired. No other reason IMO, he knew he was on borrowed time. 

I think you will find Rotherham offered a bigger salary than Hibs plus Hibs were still a  championship club whereas Rotherham were in English Championship. A bit like Jack being offered big bucks to leave us for a bigger  salary and club. Money talks.

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Every Hibs fan I have ever spoken to says winning the Scottish Cup was the greatest day in their footballing life. It's a tremendous achievement given it was one of Scottish football's biggest millstones. If I thought for one millisecond we would win a Scottish cup under Stubbs I would take that over staying in the top division all life long. It's done now so no point in keeping digging up your perceived deficiencies in Stubbs.

Just read an interesting stat (yes, I know....) from a Hibs fan on P&B.  Seemingly Lennon shipped more points in the championship in a season than Stubbs did - and that's a season without Hearts and The Rangers.

Of course, you win (and lose) nothing with stats, but, if true, it is worth noting.

23 minutes ago, Mykey said:

If I'm honest I'd have taken one of the bigger names (as players) and if we'd failed at least we tried, I didn't fancy the Irish guy much but I'd have preferred him to Stubbs or Mcintyre, I think we were struggling when Neilson and Goodwin withdrew, where we are now both should have been easily within our reach. I would have preferred an assistant manager or coach promoted from a country where players are worked full time, their diet and exercise are worked on constantly, JR seemed to have taken that on board, albeit from Brendan Rodgers and I worry now we've gone back to the monster munch and tunnocks tea cakes.

Sent from my F3111 using Black & White Army mobile app

I have no what AR's management style will be in respect of training, diet etc but he was a top footballer, fit guy and had Hibs playing good football.  Professional footballers shouldn't need managers to monitor them in keeping fit and healthy. Any player not doing this is unprofessional and shouldn't be playing the game at this level.

I think he could have dined out on the cup win for at least another season at Easter Road.

I work in Edinburgh and Hibs and the Scottish Cup was an annual obsession for both sets of fans through there.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, DougJamie said:

Stubbs     1-1000

Goodwin 4-1

Stuart Dickson Just is -1

John Kennedy 10000000-1

Stephen Kenny Not Quoted

I reckon it will be Stubbs that gets gig

See  right again ...first post on this threadathon. And its not the first posted thats ever been edited :P

Edited by DougJamie

Let’s step back a few of years. Lennon didn’t have his contract renewed so TC took over and then Teale and Goodwin hold the reigns until the end of the season. Up next is Ian Murray, closely followed by Alex Rae. Within that period, how many on here would have bitten the hand off for Stubbs to take over? Out of all the British/Irish applicants that have been mentioned I’d have gone for Stubbs.

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

See  right again ...first post on this threadathon. And its not the first posted thats ever been edited :P

Foresight would be a wonderful gift.

Meanwhile I'll settle for 11 points per quarter  (12 if I am greedy)

51 minutes ago, zico said:

I think he could have dined out on the cup win for at least another season at Easter Road.

I work in Edinburgh and Hibs and the Scottish Cup was an annual obsession for both sets of fans through there.

I know I worked in Edinburgh too and I know the stick they took from Hearts fans.

United coming down though changed it for him. I think any more defeats at Dumbarton etc would have done for him by October and the Hibs board would have pulled the trigger, so he took the Rotherham job.  I was waiting for him to move at the end of that season. I knew he would. 

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore as he's the man chosen so lets hope he does the job

Edited by lenziebud

Good decision if true, I’m pleased with it. I’ll be honest and admit he wasn’t my first choice, that was Neilson, but even with him I wasn’t 100% sure. I don’t think you ever are with a new manager as it’s always a bit of a risk. I wasn’t convinced that JR was the correct choice when he was given the job. That worked quite well[emoji4].

Alan Stubbs comes across well, seems hard working and genuine, and the experience of Rotherham will be as important as the cup success he had at Hibs, he’ll be even keener to succeed than before. He will have my full support and best wishes, I’m as confident as you ever can be that he’ll do well. Out of all the names being bandied about over the last week he and Neilson were in my top 3.

We'll be paying that off for  a good while !
What a cr@p appointment.
Never managed in Premiership, couldn't get Hibs out of Championship and made a horlicks of Rotherham but hey he did a job in Everton academy !
I never even thought he was in the race. Can't believe he's suckered us into a 3 year deal.
Guess need to get full square behind him and hope he proves me wrong.

Ffs man!! Why do you even bother being a Super Saints fan, I’ve not been on here long but all you seem to do is bitch about everything.

We will never win the league, we will never have a manager dripping with success, every good player or manager we get will ultimately leave. I’ll go out on a limb and say, we will never be a ‘regular’ top six team.

Just try and get behind the man our chairman has chosen instead of being negative from the off ffs. I’ve had 39 years of this and fckn love it.

Why you so pissed off with everything dude...you need a cuddle [emoji847]

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Just read an interesting stat (yes, I know....) from a Hibs fan on P&B.  Seemingly Lennon shipped more points in the championship in a season than Stubbs did - and that's a season without Hearts and The Rangers.

Of course, you win (and lose) nothing with stats, but, if true, it is worth noting.

Fairly sure they finished with 1 more point (under Lennon), and were 11 points clear at the top which meant they could take their foot off the gas for the last few games, whereas under Stubbs they were playing for 2nd or 3rd place until the final whistle of the final game of the season. Lennon still had to contend with a Falkirk team who finished above Hibs the previous season and beat them in the promotion play off place and a newly relegated Dundee United. Lennon's team won fewer games in the Championship (19 as opposed to 21) but lost less and drew more (14 draws and only 3 league defeats).

Looks a good solid appointment. I think the quick hero to zero from Hibs to Rotherham will stand him and St Mirren in great stead.

I think we all feel like it's been a hard month or so since we won the league with all the speculation about Jack leaving then finally heading off to Sunderland.

I think Stubbs will be a good fit at St Mirren given where we are and where we want to go.