New Manager Latest Odds

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Yeah I suppose getting Livi promoted 2 seasons in a row should rule him out. Doubt he knows much being an ex top level player as well

You speak sense....... Think about it..... Is that what people do on the forum Kenzie? 

What, 2 failures?. We need better than these two.
Neilson utterly failed at MK. Wouldn't touch him.
Pressley getting quoted is beyond belief. 

Agreed.

It was complete tongue in cheek.

The train of thought was merely the serial thread starter would do exactly that with those names. :D

Just now, whydowebother said:

Agreed.

It was complete tongue in cheek.

The train of thought was merely the serial thread starter would do exactly that with those names. :D

Your Arbrosth pal.  Don't knock him.  He is starting a lot of threads.  

I would welcome Lambert coming in.  To be fair the club would be attractive to a wide range of managers. We have no debt, we will have a decent budget and the chance to sign your own team as we need at least 10 new players. I would like to think we will cast the net wide and not go for the usual suspects. 

Possibly Paul Lambert is at the stage in his career where money is not everything and he might be interested in going back to his roots and taking St Mirren on to the next stage.

If we have a reasonable budget at our disposal (in Scottish terms) he will have very useful links down south and elsewhere to utilise.

I would be quite happy to see him as our next manager with Goodwin as his assistant (assuming that Fowler will be off with Ross).

This would obviously be a package with financial implications but might be worth trying.

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Possibly Paul Lambert is at the stage in his career where money is not everything and he might be interested in going back to his roots and taking St Mirren on to the next stage.

If we have a reasonable budget at our disposal (in Scottish terms) he will have very useful links down south and elsewhere to utilise.

I would be quite happy to see him as our next manager with Goodwin as his assistant (assuming that Fowler will be off with Ross).

This would obviously be a package with financial implications but might be worth trying.

No chance. I think Lambert will do English jobs to death before he comes back up here. Goodwin would give up a Championship gig to become an assistant, either. 

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

He's been a disaster at almost every club he's been at. I assume you haven't actually looked at his record and just see the big name. He's close to a mirror image of Owen Coyle. Look how that panned out.

5 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

He's been a disaster at almost every club he's been at. I assume you haven't actually looked at his record and just see the big name. He's close to a mirror image of Owen Coyle. Look how that panned out.

He has enjoyed more success down south than most Scottish managers and would be able to attract decent quality players to Paisley - which is what we need most.

Whether we could afford them is another matter.

Any new appointment is a gamble - does any potential candidate attract the universal support of the fans?

11 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

How on earth do you calculate that Lambert has been a disaster?  He did an excellent job at Norwich and a decent job elsewhere.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

He has enjoyed more success down south than most Scottish managers and would be able to attract decent quality players to Paisley - which is what we need most.

Whether we could afford them is another matter.

Any new appointment is a gamble - does any potential candidate attract the universal support of the fans?

Fair enough. I just feel he has had considerably more failures than success. 

It seems that if you are good in your first job down south you get 20 more opportunities irrespective of your ability but if you fail the first time its game over.