New Manager Latest Odds

5 hours ago, Drew said:

He is an attention craving plum. I wouldn't dignify his ramblings with a response.

Could be worse. I could have a criminal past. I could then be spending the rest of my life playing it down as me being  a dafty who just needed a bit of love.

You will forgive me if I don't take morality lessons from the likes of you.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Could be worse. I could have a criminal past. I could then be spending the rest of my life playing it down as me being  a dafty who just needed a bit of love.

Jeez you're tiresome.

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Jeez you're tiresome.

It isn't nice to see posts become so personal. I am not blaming any individual though, a lot of folk seem to do so. 

Would be good if we could just discuss the club we all love, share opinions despite them differing without the personal stuff. Saints fans are better than that.

Pre-season due to start on the 18th so think it will be middle of next week before an appointment is made. Would still give the new man 7-10 days ahead of the playing squad returning.

Have a feeling that it won’t be one of the usual suspects that have been named in the press so far. Out of them, Hopkin the most likely.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Does being sacked from your only two previous permanent manager posts count ?

In fairness Callum, most managers get sacked eventually. A few get poached like JR but most just get sacked. Doesn't mean they haven't done anything good. Fergie, Tom Hendrie and Danny Lennon all got sacked. Do you think we shouldn't have employed any of those.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness Callum, most managers get sacked eventually. A few get poached like JR but most just get sacked. Doesn't mean they haven't done anything good. Fergie, Tom Hendrie and Danny Lennon all got sacked. Do you think we shouldn't have employed any of those.

Agreed. If you really want to go down that route, Raneiri at Leicester. He won them the EPL and had them in the CL knockouts ffs. His sacking hardly means he was a failure.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Danny Lennon got sacked? Didn't realise that.

ETA.

After reading TPAFKA's interpretation. I've sent Danny a text to alert him to update his resume

Edited by stlucifer

So would this imply that you think Lambert would be a good choice for us? Or are you just bored and making mischief... :lol:

To the first part . I made no comment and I am not sure if he would and any implication attributed to my post comes solely from you but we aren’t discussing Lambert here, our conversation is regarding Steve Clarke.
Part 2 , so you believe anyone who has a counter view to you or provides facts in reply to your post to be making mischief ?
Really ?
My point remains , Steve Clarke had TWO manager positions and was sacked from BOTH.
It’s not too difficult to grasp surely , I am not saying SC is ,was or will be a bad manager ,I am simply stating the fact he was sacked.....TWICE .

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Danny Lennon got sacked? Didn't realise that.

ETA.

After reading TPAFKA's interpretation. I've sent Danny a text to alert him to update his resume

Good ETA St. Lucifer and excellent advice to Danny.

I mean most potential employers (in the footballing world) would see failure to renew a contract as completely different to getting sacked. Thinking about it, its clearly a massive vote of confidence. I'm guessing the St. Mirren board probably thought he was too good for us and deserved a much better job somewhere else. Our board was lovely like that.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The likes of me?

Criminal past?

Come on then, let's hear it.  A couple of days ago you suggested I spent all my time abusing Jack Ross on Twitter. Now you are referring to my criminal past.

You are very close to crossing a line, here, so you had better be able to back this up.

50 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

It isn't nice to see posts become so personal. I am not blaming any individual though, a lot of folk seem to do so. 

Would be good if we could just discuss the club we all love, share opinions despite them differing without the personal stuff. Saints fans are better than that.

Fully agree. Personal abuse doesn't help discussion. 

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

The likes of me?

Criminal past?

Come on then, let's hear it.  A couple of days ago you suggested I spent all my time abusing Jack Ross on Twitter. Now you are referring to my criminal past.

You are very close to crossing a line, here, so you had better be able to back this up.

Unfortunately Drew he never said you had a criminal past. He's "clever" like that.

Best completely and utterly ignored if you ask me..........which in fairness you didnae :D

Can we please stop repeating this nonsense that Alex Ferguson was "sacked by St Mirren."  Yes, it makes for a good story - but he had decided to move to Aberdeen and was sacked for going behind the Directors back to organise the move.  Sacking Fergie seems to be one of the things St Mirren are most famous for and its a nonsense story!

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Can we please stop repeating this nonsense that Alex Ferguson was "sacked by St Mirren."  Yes, it makes for a good story - but he had decided to move to Aberdeen and was sacked for going behind the Directors back to organise the move.  Sacking Fergie seems to be one of the things St Mirren are most famous for and its a nonsense story!

Erm.........so he was sacked then?

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It doesn't matter how any times that this is pointed out to people, there seems to be some sort of memory loss that occurs for certain individuals.

Yes he was sacked, but he was going anyway of his own accord.

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why did Ferguson take St Mirren to an industrial tribunal (and lost his case against unfair dismissal) then?

Edited by northstbuddie

Continuing with the hypothetical theme from earlier discussion, who would you like to see as the respective assistant if any of the following got the manager's job:-

Paul Lambert, Robbie Neilson, Jim McInyre or David Hopkin ?

Edited by northstbuddie

Just now, northstbuddie said:

Continuing with the hypothetical thread from earlier discussion, who would you like to see as the respective assistant if any of the following got the manager's job:-

Paul Lambert, Robbie Neilson, Jim McInyre or David Hopkin ?

Hopkin - Pablo Escobar as assistant (from beyond the grave obviously).

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Unfortunately Drew he never said you had a criminal past. He's "clever" like that.

Best completely and utterly ignored if you ask me..........which in fairness you didnae :D

Clever? Sorry mate, but I reckon you're conferring way too much credit on him there.  That said, he is best ignored, and that's exactly what I'll be doing with a very handy little function that Div has provided.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Clever? Sorry mate, but I reckon you're conferring way too much credit on him there.  That said, he is best ignored, and that's exactly what I'll be doing with a very handy little function that Div has provided.

Hence why I put clever in inverted commas. You must’ve missed that :D

Hello buddies. Long time no post, but what a great eighteen months or so since the TNS game.

Interesting to read all the different views, but I think GS will choose sensibly. My own view, for what it's worth and purely gut feeling, is to give Jim Goodwin a shot with Alan (?) McManus as assistant. JG seems to have a strong affinity with the club and I suspect would give it everything same as he did as a player. As regards experience, I'm not sure JR had that much more when he was appointed.

Wonder who we'll actually get when the dust settles!