Jump to content

New Manager Latest Odds


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Would be a laugh though if the Sevco hordes who are creaming themselves at appointing Liverpool’s youth team coach, saw St Mirren appoint Real Madrid’s youth team coach.

Go Get Guti. :)

Mr Guti possibly saw Barcelona 's praise for our goal at Dunfermline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Gutierrez has got to be a complete non starter,  but would be very interesting.  I suppose you could say the news might highlight the job to other possible candidates.  
Yes might open a few more names for the job hope so as the ones in the frame scare the shit out of me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

Gutierrez has got to be a complete non starter,  but would be very interesting.  I suppose you could say the news might highlight the job to other possible candidates.  

Good point. New possible applicants might include Zinedine Zidane, Iniesta, Rafa Nadal, Fernando Alonso and Manuel fae’ Fawlty Towers.

Go get em’ Fitzy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

He got them promoted then kept them up. They weren't in the relegation places this season when he left so I wouldn't say he done a bad job. I wouldn't expect any Barnsley fan to have anything positive to say about him after the way he left for one of their biggest rivals. 

Most Barnsley fans were still decent towards him after his move to Leeds. My mate had been calling for him to go for ages prior to the Leeds move, they had been on an awful run since November and were heading towards the relegation zone anyway.

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:


Surely it’s the manager that chooses the players he wants? And not a ‘head of recruitment ‘. ?

 

 

I believe we took on Martin Christie in this role in December (might have been on here I seen it though). Possibly the first time we've had one.

Christie was the reason we signed Jim Kellerman as stated on the OS. He'd been tracking him for 2 or 3 months. Jack Ross and other managers may have ideas for signings but it looks like Christie will be here to put forward his suggestions and get scout reports together. I imagine he's finding out names of players who are now out of contract both here and in England (and possibly elsewhere too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Good point. New possible applicants might include Zinedine Zidane, Iniesta, Rafa Nadal, Fernando Alonso and Manuel fae’ Fawlty Towers.

Go get em’ Fitzy.

What's Zidane ever done apart from headbut someone ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zico said:

 


Sorry Rick. Can’t agree with you. I don’t rate him as a coach.

 

To be entirely fair Zico, he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he could do, so difficult for either of us to press the case too strongly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Budget comment from Neilson has put me right off him. Can you imagine the interview , Robbie here is the budget x x x what do you think ? Bottom six guys. That is probably reality but are you seriously wanting a manager going into the dressing room telling the players that 10th place should be looked upon as amazing successful.  Do you really think that's what our board want to hear.  I don' think so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Budget comment from Neilson has put me right off him. Can you imagine the interview , Robbie here is the budget x x x what do you think ? Bottom six guys. That is probably reality but are you seriously wanting a manager going into the dressing room telling the players that 10th place should be looked upon as amazing successful.  Do you really think that's what our board want to hear.  I don' think so. 

Wee Anxious had that attitude for years and would roll out commenets like -"fighting above our weight " . Pretty much , what do you expect for that kind of money was his remit. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Most Barnsley fans were still decent towards him after his move to Leeds. My mate had been calling for him to go for ages prior to the Leeds move, they had been on an awful run since November and were heading towards the relegation zone anyway.

I believe we took on Martin Christie in this role in December (might have been on here I seen it though). Possibly the first time we've had one.

Christie was the reason we signed Jim Kellerman as stated on the OS. He'd been tracking him for 2 or 3 months. Jack Ross and other managers may have ideas for signings but it looks like Christie will be here to put forward his suggestions and get scout reports together. I imagine he's finding out names of players who are now out of contract both here and in England (and possibly elsewhere too).

Spot on Cornwall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pod said:

Felt sorry for Teale, he was on a hiding to nothing. 

He was indeed, also seemed like a nice guy, but he didn't do anything in his time with us to suggest he is a good manager or even coach. I don't believe he has worked in coaching since he left us three years ago, which maybe tells its own story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Because Kenny is going to leave a title fight with guaranteed European football in July to join a newly promoted side to the SPL many would assume will be trying to avoid relegation :rolleyes:

Did St Mirren ask or fid they just assume?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

He was indeed, also seemed like a nice guy, but he didn't do anything in his time with us to suggest he is a good manager or even coach. I don't believe he has worked in coaching since he left us three years ago, which maybe tells its own story. 

Fair point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Budget comment from Neilson has put me right off him. Can you imagine the interview , Robbie here is the budget x x x what do you think ? Bottom six guys. That is probably reality but are you seriously wanting a manager going into the dressing room telling the players that 10th place should be looked upon as amazing successful.  Do you really think that's what our board want to hear.  I don' think so. 

IOBS.  often agree with you but not this time.  Realistic is 7th Place by funding,  expected crowds etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...