DougJamie

New Manager Latest Odds

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

In preference to the guy who forced their resignations in 2014/15 when Hearts ran away with the division (on a far smaller budget)?

JS62587854.jpg

Me and the wife bumped into Ally one night all I can say is what a brand new guy when he found out I was a Saints fan he talked highly of us. You do know Ally was on our books as a youngster.  The Mad Monk loves us  and is a keep fit fanatic. Not saying they will get the job however I would not be disappointed.  

Me and the wife bumped into Ally one night all I can say is what a brand new guy when he found out I was a Saints fan he talked highly of us. You do know Ally was on our books as a youngster.  The Mad Monk loves us  and is a keep fit fanatic. Not saying they will get the job however I would not be disappointed.  

Yeh, give them the job cos he was brand new to you and your missus

With Lambert, Hopkins and Goodwin dropping out, I think Robbie Neilson is the favourite now by some distance.

He's in the Jack Ross-mould, his teams entertain (96 goals Hearts scored when they won the league) and he has a point to prove after MK Dons.

Most importantly though, he won the Championship and then didn't just thrive in the Premiership, he actually took Hearts into Europe.

Iffy interview (apparently) aside, it's hard to see past him.

Edited by Julian Banjos

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

With Lambert, Hopkins and Goodwin dropping out, I think Robbie Neilson is the favourite now by some distance.

He's in the Jack Ross-mould, his teams entertain (96 goals Hearts scored when they won the league) and he has a point to prove after MK Dons.

Most importantly though, he won the Championship and then didn't just thrive in the Premiership, he actually took Hearts into Europe.

Iffy interview (apparently) aside, it's hard to see past him.

Can't agree with that budget talks summed it up for me Neilson ? Seriously where is ambition  ? Well what is your budget ? No belief in him self Ally and the monk will be a team to be reckoned with. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't agree with that budget talks summed it up for me Neilson ? Seriously where is ambition  ? Well what is your budget ? No belief in him self Ally and the monk will be a team to be reckoned with. 

Bud, you have flogged this horse to death and onto the afterlife on here and on P&B. In the words of Frozen............. :)

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The Neilson nonsense is funny enough as you've been proven wrong on several occasions. 

The advocating of Ally McCoist as St. Mirren manager, however, is unforgivable. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You're really saying that budget doesn't, more often than not, related to success? 

What land do you live in? :blink:

Too much emphasis on a few words from Neilson and less attention to him as a manager.

All I can say is the next manager is in for a rough ride as we'll almost certainly lose more often than we'll win next season.  

Edited by Abu Dhabi Saints

I’m sure JR will have advised GS of Neilsons capabilities so if he get it fair enough. None of others mentioned fill me with confidence apart from Irish guy who I know nothing about. Why oh why do we have to settle for guys who are mostly unemployed because of failure, I’m pretty certain our new manager will not be one touted by media.

22 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

And where is your ambition? You want to appoint a management duo who couldn't get Sevco out of the Championship and a manager who got paid £3/4m plus a bonus to get Sevco promoted from the 4th tier of Scottish football. Going through the leagues could have been an opportunity for Rangers to use some of their U20s and develop them but instead McCoist signed guys like Templeton and Black from Hearts, Jon Daly the Dundee United captain, Kevin Kyle, Dean Shields etc to buy the 4th tier title! In almost 4 years at the helm who did McCoist bring through and develop and improve from their academy?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy
typo

So, what you are implying is that rather than employing JK if he has been chosen, the club are going to waste their time and that of prospective candidates by undertaking a selection and recruitment process next week?  If that was indeed true then serious questions would have to be asked.
However, I find it incredible that you somehow have been told by someone that JK will be the new manager.  I am sure that key members of our board read this forum and if your claims had any accuracy they wouldn't be progressing with their upcoming recruitment process. The fact that nothing has been said implies you are talking nonsense or, at best, wildly speculating.  If JK is indeed given the job it will be a result of him being the best candidate from all applicants selected and interviewed.
He'll have been told by someone that was a guest at one of his "dinner parties".

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Wouldn't me my first choice or even a last choice. He talks a good game but if he can't get Rangers promoted from the championship or win the diddy cup with all those resources at his disposal I wouldn't be too keen on him trying to stop us getting relegated never mind achieving Tony's Dream of premiership glory in 2019.  St Ally, feck that, St Ricky would be a better choice than him.

7 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I'm still hoping there are better candidates out there, but for me McCoist/McDowell wouldn't be the catastrophe that some are making out.

Losing our manager to Sunderland to possibly be taken over by a ex-Sunderland player.  

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Neilson won the Championship for Hearts ahead of Rangers. The budget differential would have been massive.

Stop overthinking it. Neilson has proven before he can do better than those with the bigger cash spend.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I saw someone suggesting we should give Scott Gemmell a shout from the Scotland U21's - one of the better names I have seen suggested.

What's he ever done? :blink:

That u21 job the same as any other national teams u21s job is a total non entity of a job. No pressure, no targets, no buying and selling players, nobody demands results, no fans etc.

We need an actual real manager not just a guy who is a coach which are ten a penny.

Hearing names like McCoish and Scott Gemmell scare the shite out of me. Anybody that had watch Scotland under Gemmell would see hoof ball is his game and for fat Sally, surely we can all remember his laughable effort in the lower leagues to get Newco back where they belong Remember this was a guy getting 800K a year and we would be lucky to be paying 100K a year.

I think Ally deserves another chance in management because that rangers situation was just a total clusterf**k with so many problems unrelated to football going on in the background.

I just dont want him to get that chance with us at the moment. We've got too much to lose. Maybe if we were still in the championship he would be worth a punt - but not now.