New Manager Latest Odds

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Who to choose. The PE teacher with a very average record in management? The party animal, and serial diver, who once dated his roommate after he had gender realignment surgery? Or the convicted wife beater? 

Is that all one person?

Just now, zico said:

Hopkin won’t ‘manage’ again.

As I predicted, John Hartson is now fav to be appointed as the front for Livi’s managerial set up.

We know your views on Honking as you seem to think of him Zico and you could be right.  But... Maybe not 

8 minutes ago, Stoobles said:

Benni McCarthy would do it for me. Champions league winner, managerial experience and having lived in Scotland for a few years before taking the cape town job he should have at least a bit of knowledge about the game here. 

Or Guti...

I'm not fussy 

It's amazing to think that our wee club has attracted attention from 3 ex Champions League winners. I must be dreaming!! 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

are we the 1st club to have approached Coleraine about speaking with him about a vacancy? Why has no oneelse spotted his potential in 7 years with the same club? How many other teams in the league are part time?

Every team in the Irish League is part time I enjoy I think, maybe Linfield are full time but that would be about it.

40 minutes ago, zico said:

Hopkin won’t ‘manage’ again.

As I predicted, John Hartson is now fav to be appointed as the front for Livi’s managerial set up.

93% of predictions are rubbish and the second one is barely a prediction - bookies favourite in a volatile market. :wacko:

The longer this drags on the more I feel we’d have been better going for an old lag. First season back in the top flight, close season - next season is gonna be a dogfight. Get Hopkin & Pablo Escobar -  YESTERDAY!

Edited by Bud the Baker

25 minutes ago, StuD said:

Who to choose. The PE teacher with a very average record in management? The party animal, and serial diver, who once dated his roommate after he had gender realignment surgery? Or the convicted wife beater? 

What do dating habits have to do with someone's ability to be a good manager? 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This one is interesting at least he has managerial experience at quite a good level. 

One year at Cape Town? Is that experience at a good level? 

He's certainly an interesting person. He's played at the highest level for some superb managers. He's also played for Whitehill Welfare, and coached at Hibs. He lives in Edinburgh so you can see why the job would appeal to him more than managing a club thousands of miles away. And unlike some of the candidates being touted he does know the Scottish game. 

4 hours ago, magnus said:

Guti has got to be the red hot favourite. Silky football middle to front, tackling like Ramos at the back. The full empenyada.

Never heard of him and even if he is Mr wonderful footballer  ....tell me how is St Mirren going to find the funds to bring in the 'talent' that he 'perhaps' has access to.  I mean any youngster with potential in England seem s to go for silly money and it seems to me we need to follow the route JR was taking and 'find'  the type of player who; with some good coaching can become much better than he was.  So to summerise the new Manager needs to have the 'talent' to spot potentiality,  be an excellent coach and have a personality that the Media love as well as being friends with other big time Managers who will lend us the likes of Kane or Vardy for half a season, oh and not to forget he needs to get on with Jimbo, otherwise he can sod off  :)

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Have any managers who throw DVD players at Comet employees applied?

I didn't throw anything at a Comet employee. I threw it at a wall.

Sir Alex used to throw tea cups around the dressing room. It's hardly a bad trait. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, scottd said:

All part of the extensive research.

I've watched a bit of South African football during my travels there.  I would equate the level with top half of our Championship and bottom half of our Premiership. 

South Africans are obsessed with English Football. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'd love to allow myself to get carried away with the Guti story, but surely apart from anything else, we simply couldn't afford him?

You've got to imagine that as an assistant coach of some description at Madrid, he'd have been on about 10x what JR was on. Also must've been used to earning millions as a player.

On the other hand if we assume that the story is genuine (which of course is a big assumption), then surely in applying for the post he'd have to have some vague idea of the salary?

According to the Mail:

Nevertheless, Sportsmail understands the 41-year-old has not only indicated his interest in replacing Jack Ross, but is undeterred by the wage on offer or the limited budget available to build a team capable of competing in the Premiership following promotion from the Championship.

And here's an article about Kearney, which again claims we play at Love Street: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/these-are-the-qualities-that-would-help-oran-kearney-succeed-at-st-mirren-reveals-aaron-burns-36977584.html