Jump to content

New Manager Latest Odds


Recommended Posts

Nobody really knows who will be appointed ( sorry StuD), so for me it's quite exciting. Just hope it's wrapped up by the end of the week and we can get on with business. I'm quite relaxed about who it's going to be. As long as it's not that c**t Mccoist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, RossCSmfc said:

Mcintyre would fill me with fear. Any County fan would tell you that it was the chairman’s deep pockets that bailed them out - he went through 50 odd players in two seasons, paying off umpteen contracts costing the club a fortune. 

^^^^ This. Uncle Roy’s ability to throw money at it had County definitely punching above their weight for a few seasons. For me, McIntyre is not who I want to see in our manager’s dugout. At the end of the day though, the call is Fitzy and GLS’ to make, unless StuD tells them otherwise of course. Maybe Guti will impress them, maybe Honeydew. Maybe Fitzy will just dig out the trakky bottoms and have another bash, who the F knows.

Been a fun thread though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre would be a cracking appointment.

His work at Ross County was tremendous.

Took over with them miles adrift and got them to 9th.

Next 2 seasons 6th and 7th with a League Cup win in there. Ross County we are talking here !!!!

Got sacked next season by a moron of a chairman when the club had a pile of injuries and appointed Coyle !!!.So relegated. Would never have happened with McIntrye and Dodds.

They are both smashing coaches who would do a first class job at St Mirren.

They have had a pile of time also to assess players whilst out of the game and would hit the ground running.

So don't see the issue with Jim McIntrye at ALL

Uncle Roy's deep pockets dug Mcintyre out of most of the holes. 

He's the one I don't fancy out of all the candidates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Why not?

Cos’ he’s shite at managing but great at having a laugh? Should have stuck with Question of Sport IMHO. He was good on that.... Edit: and he could have spared us from that insufferable thick cnut Tuffers.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Uncle Roy's deep pockets dug Mcintyre out of most of the holes. 

He's the one I don't fancy out of all the candidates. 

Yeh?

The same deep pockets that got them relegated after sacking McIntyre?

 

McIntyre would be a very good appointment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre would be a cracking appointment.

His work at Ross County was tremendous.

Took over with them miles adrift and got them to 9th.

Next 2 seasons 6th and 7th with a League Cup win in there. Ross County we are talking here !!!!

Got sacked next season by a moron of a chairman when the club had a pile of injuries and appointed Coyle !!!.So relegated. Would never have happened with McIntrye and Dodds.

They are both smashing coaches who would do a first class job at St Mirren.

They have had a pile of time also to assess players whilst out of the game and would hit the ground running.

So don't see the issue with Jim McIntrye at ALL

^^^^^^^^That's an extremely rational post^^^^^^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Cos’ he’s shite at managing but great at having a laugh? Should have stuck with Question of Sport IMHO. He was good on that.... Edit: and he could have spared us from that insufferable thick cnut Tuffers.

I was looking for a Coisty , had to settle for a LOL emoji

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre would be a cracking appointment.

His work at Ross County was tremendous.

Took over with them miles adrift and got them to 9th.

Next 2 seasons 6th and 7th with a League Cup win in there. Ross County we are talking here !!!!

Got sacked next season by a moron of a chairman when the club had a pile of injuries and appointed Coyle !!!.So relegated. Would never have happened with McIntrye and Dodds.

They are both smashing coaches who would do a first class job at St Mirren.

They have had a pile of time also to assess players whilst out of the game and would hit the ground running.

So don't see the issue with Jim McIntrye at ALL

Sacked after 7 league games, 4 of the 7 against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen & Hibs.


McIntyre would be a decent appointment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, davidg said:

Sacked after 7 league games, 4 of the 7 against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen & Hibs.


McIntyre would be a decent appointment.

Hold the Phone

Neilson out of running for Real Madrid job due to the unrealistic expectations....................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

Not much of a "gamble" if it's a "guaranteed profit".

if TC is right? ;)

Out of those it would seem McIntyre has the best record for the position in terms of Premiership experience and the added gold star of a league cup win on the CV.

Kearney a bit of an unknown quantity.

Stubbs hasn't even managed in the Premiership and had a disaster at Rotherham for what ever reason(s). Plus points for humiliating the Blue Noses and winning the Cup.

Caldwell hasn't set the heather on fire anywhere so your probably looking at Jim McIntyre IF that's the shortleet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

This thread......................:notworthy its got the lot

Anyway, thought for the day................................

For the Box Office fiction,  Guti,  Kluivert, etal for the glamorous, kinda exotic and interesting

For the boring and samey samey dull tired shite , the McMafia usual suspects

For the practical sensible and realistic,  it could be Mickey Mellon, thereafter Alan Stubbs, or Oran 'looks kinda like Danny Lennon' Kearney

Hmmmmmmmmm, might be handing my ticket back for the Roller coaster

Or buying another for a friend who wants to go along. ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I can’t see anything inMickey Mellons record that inspires me.

“i suppose he might be OK” is as excited as I can get 

Sadly it seems the Jack Ross swallow has not made a summer for saints

 

Hope he hasn't swallowed to much. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Yep. Im hearing this morning John Kennedy is considering an offer

25/1 FILL your boots.  Problem is you didn't say what or who he is considering an offer about / from as I doubt SMFC are offering him the job before the interview process even concludes

Edited by Ayrshire Saints
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

25/1 FILL your boots.  Problem is you didn't say what or who he is considering an offer about / from as I doubt SMFC are offering him the job before the interview process even starts.

I got 25/1 weeks ago on Kennedy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...