DougJamie

New Manager Latest Odds

10 minutes ago, StuD said:

Nope, he knocked St Mirren back because of the unreasonable expectations of the board. Tony Fitzpatrick told him in a telephone conversation that he would be expected, with the current squad, to achieve 4th place. 6th at worst. 

Neilsons comment was that it might be a good job for the manager AFTER this appointment as perhaps by that time reality would have sunk in at Paisley. 

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Alan Stubbs and Gary Caldwell interviewed yesterday. Oran Kearney and Jim McIntyre interviewed today and one of those four will be appointed by the end of the week according to an ITK’er friend of mine.

Would take McIntyre from that lot. Least he’s got experience of keeping teams up.

Only safe thing to say is , if that's the definitive list , my ST money will be staying in the bank .

25 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yep it happens in nearly every top football league in Europe last time I looked. Champions League doesn't change much season to season. Money might just be an issue ? 

I did say ANOTHER sport.

18 minutes ago, StuD said:

Nope, he knocked St Mirren back because of the unreasonable expectations of the board. Tony Fitzpatrick told him in a telephone conversation that he would be expected, with the current squad, to achieve 4th place. 6th at worst. 

Neilsons comment was that it might be a good job for the manager AFTER this appointment as perhaps by that time reality would have sunk in at Paisley. 

Prove all of this.

36 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Yer shovel must be getting worn out petal, never mind I'm sure that you can justify it in the wee small hours when  reality is bangin at yer door... bless :wub:

HSBC is a foreign bank! :1eye 

43 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Don't need a paid subscription - just a free Sky ID. Gordon says it's important for the manager to have a good knowledge of Scottish football, the Scottish market and to a lesser extent the English market. Says he doesn't rule out the likes of Kluivert, Guti and McCarthy completely but says it's very unlikely.

Makes you wonder why it's taken so long. :wacko:

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I did say ANOTHER sport.

yep you did, but you also said "What a f**king country :lol:" ?.  

So just pointing out that the same happens in football across all of European countries !.

Nice deflection though :o

4 hours ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

Hopkin back on the radar? :ph34r:

Hmmmmm, well he was in Bridge of Weir on Monday evening :wink:

Dunno if that was before or after Asda right enough

Then again Asda and Bridge of Weir are not great  bedfellows so probably nowt in it !?!?!?!?

Don't need a paid subscription - just a free Sky ID. Gordon says it's important for the manager to have a good knowledge of Scottish football, the Scottish market and to a lesser extent the English market. Says he doesn't rule out the likes of Kluivert, Guti and McCarthy completely but says it's very unlikely.
Makes you wonder why we identified Kearney as a candidate.

2 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Hi Robbie, Tony here. If a gi yi the job I'm expecting fourth tap o the league, sixth at the very worst, can yi promise me that.

Naw! Yer dreaming. I'll try an stop yi getting relegated again. How does that sound?

Relegated?  A wis hoping yi wid get us intae Europe.

Whit?  Sounds  like yi got the wrang number... try Robbie's Budget Travel at the airport.

Your patter is shit. 

For those of us without a subscription, the gist please?
Cheers.

Practical and pragmatic and realistic, hopefully functional and effective.
So prepare to feel like it’s Christmas and you got a few pairs of socks in a present.
Necessary and practical, but not much fun, yet imagine life without them.
So.................

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Maybe so but there's many on here falling hook, line and sinker for it. Oaksoft even detailed how Gutti could win the Scottish Premiership last night with a team full of Spanish loanees. 

St Mirren fans should, by now, be well aware of the kind of bollocks Tony Fitzpatrick comes away with. The publicity will have done St Mirren no harm I suppose, but fans are going to be on a right downer - and the new manager off to a right bad start - when the far more dull reality is revealed. 

But StuD (citing your last paragraph) why would that be when John Kennedy is being appointed (according to you)?

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

But StuD (citing your last paragraph) why would that be when John Kennedy is being appointed (according to you)?

I never said Kennedy would be an exciting appointment, or even my prefered appointment. I just said he would get it. 

Edited by StuD

This doesn't sound all that promising (maybe sensible though)

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1417584-st-mirren-to-rebuff-famous-candidates-for-homegrown-coach/

Seems to rule Kearney out also, Caldwell has never manged in Scotland, Mellon also, so that leaves McIntyre?

Not convinced McIntyre seems to the great motivator Scott is hoping for.  More like a "sign a huge number of diddies and hope some of them aren't too bad" kind of manager

Edited by ds10