New Manager Latest Odds

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

R was ruthless in getting rid of players he didn't deem capable of cutting it in the top flight. He was then approached first by Ipswich and then Sunderland creating uncertainty at what is IMO the most important stage of the season (sic). I think anticipating the situation (a bit of skullduggery even :rolleyes: ) and having a replacement lined up to takeover as soon as JRs move to Sunderland became inevitable would've been a better option than the current situation.

Got to agree with this; TBH I thought the board would have had laid the groundwork already given that it was a sho-in JR was offski

Mcintyre for me neither Stubbs or Caldwell have managed in the Premier.McIntyre had decent records at County QOS and Dunfermline.Yes he was sacked but so were the other two.The only reason you have a shortlist is because most of the interviewees were sacked at some stage in their careers even Brendan was sacked.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

Can’t understand the negativity towards Stubbs and McIntyre. 

I’d be happy with either appointment. 

Of the names apparently still in the frame, I have to agree.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I can’t understand positivity towards them. Each to their own and all that.

Is it really positivity, though?  More a case of resignation that they are the best of the rest.

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

Can’t understand the negativity towards Stubbs and McIntyre. 

I’d be happy with either appointment. 

Can't understand it either.  Each won a cup in Scotland. 

But.... Our last manager to do that didn't have his contract renewed.  The one before left  us. It seems to be difficult to be regarded as a winner in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, johnmeiksy said:

Nail your colours to the mast and say who you don’t want. I’ll start with Stubbs, McIntyre, Kennedy or Caldwell

Sorry John.  I don't look at it that way,  although it's tempting to do so.  Each of these and Hopkin could have good arguments in their favour.  I don't know much about Mellon or the Irish guy so couldn't dismiss them either.  This is a time to trust the board to pick the candidate that they feel confident in and for fans to back  their judgement.  The manager has a hard act to follow after all of the hype (deserved) around Jack Ross.  He will need to maintain and build on the link with fans and play entertaining football in a tougher league.  He will need strength of mind as well as an eye for a player and tactics.  I think the most difficult of these is managing the expectations of fans. At least give whoever is chosen a decent period to prove themselves - we were (most of us) patient with JR. 

4 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'll be disappointed with any manager that isn't Stephen Kenny. However winning my bet at 25/1 and getting it up most of this forum would be a decent consolation. So John Kennedy it is. 

Go away you tedious fanny.

Apart from the obvious excitement of guti, Kluivert, and Mccarthy, and I don't know how realistic any of them were, everybody else mentioned is a complete disappointment, I'm really sorry but I can't root for any of them

19 minutes ago, johnmeiksy said:

Nail your colours to the mast and say who you don’t want. I’ll start with Stubbs, McIntyre, Kennedy or Caldwell

Why not just say the one name from those quoted as being in the frame that you DO want to win the race? With GLS apparently ruling out Kluivert, Larsson, Guti, The Sultan of Brunei, Dick Van Dyke, and Bonnie Langford, I’m going for Micky Mellon. If anything, I’m a sucker for a comedy name, and Micky Mellon Mirren Manager adds a delightful air of whimsy to proceedings.

Edited by pozbaird

17 minutes ago, johnmeiksy said:

Anytime now I’m expecting Topcat to start a “Stubbs, McIntyre, Kennedy, Caldwell, Guti, must go” thread.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Why not just say the one name from those quoted as being in the frame that you DO want to win the race? With GLS apparently ruling out Kluivert, Larsson, Guti, The Sultan of Brunei, Dick Van Dyke, and Bonnie Langford, I’m going for Micky Mellon. If anything, I’m a sucker for a comedy name, and Micky Mellon Mirren Manager adds a delightful air of whimsy to proceedings

Covered thè alliteration bit earlier in the thread Poza.. still works well though