New Manager Latest Odds

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

I’m hearing Stubbs is definitely getting the job, the source is usually spot on with all the info. Seriously underwhelming if true.

That can't be right as we have been told John Kennedy is getting it.  Amazing how some are supposedly in the know despite the recruitment process will ongoing.

Mon’ tae’ fcuk Goody, have a go. You’ve done well with Alloa, you know the club, you know the support, you could surely give it a good shot, and we’d give you a fair go.

This is my heart talking here, with my head involved too.

This is all so meh, it’s unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

That can't be right as we have been told John Kennedy is getting it.  Amazing how some are supposedly in the know despite the recruitment process will ongoing.

Naw Ned its Stephen Kenny just moved out to 25000-1. Get on it. The source is often eh left

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I’m only sharing what I’ve been told from someone who is usually spot on with his info. Having said that it does seem unusual for a decision on the manager to have been taken, before tomorrows final day of interviewing. If indeed that is the case. 

17 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'll be disappointed with any manager that isn't Stephen Kenny. However winning my bet at 25/1 and getting it up most of this forum would be a decent consolation. So John Kennedy it is. 

Your not very good at the old predictions.  I would put my money on Stubbs.  

Saw Danny Lennon in Dubai a fortnight ago at the same time Gordon Scott and jack Ross were also in Dubai. Maybe having a meeting with them?

incidentally John Kennedy flew out that day to Dubai also and Stephen McManus just flew back from Dubai today. Coincidence, popular holiday destination or all candidates for the job??

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Mon’ tae’ fcuk Goody, have a go. You’ve done well with Alloa, you know the club, you know the support, you could surely give it a good shot, and we’d give you a fair go.

You might be talking out that hidden orifice of yours.

Don’t understand the disdain towards Stubbs.

Didn’t get Hibs out the Championship but had them up there finishing second behind a rampant Hearts and in a tough league to add.

We off all should know how difficult it is to adjust to life in the Championship after relegation, I think he done a decent job off it.

Scottish cup semi in his first season then winning it in his second season. We could end up with worse.

7 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:
13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You might be talking out that hidden orifice of yours.

He may well be; BUT Goody would be more interesting than many of the 'meh' options, although one has to admire him for sticking with Alloa and the chairman who to be fair gave him his chance, very difficult to find fault with that :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Don’t understand the disdain towards Stubbs.

Didn’t get Hibs out the Championship but had them up there finishing second behind a rampant Hearts and in a tough league to add.

We off all should know how difficult it is to adjust to life in the Championship after relegation, I think he done a decent job off it.

Scottish cup semi in his first season then winning it in his second season. We could end up with worse.

Personally, I think he should of got Hibs out of the division sooner than what they did. Especially when McGinn and Allan were firing. That, coupled with the 1 win at Rotherham...

The press has built this story into some sort of who is who in Hollywood to be the next St Mirren manager. All pie in the sky I'm just surprised so many bought into it given what we can pay and money avaiable for free agents in the transfer market , we don't have the money for transfer fees. Oh but we have an imaginary thread where should we spend all our millions we don't have it's nuts. Im happy with stubs played at a high level and won a cup with Hibs who were playing good football under him. Get your heads fixed guys this is St Mirren let's get behind the new manager.  

Stubbs won 1 in 14 games with Rotherham before getting the sack. They lost a record 7 away games in a row and had the worst goal difference in the entire Football League!

Yeh, just what we need!

50 minutes ago, davidg said:

Can’t understand the negativity towards Stubbs and McIntyre. 

I’d be happy with either appointment. 

Totally agree David.  I honestly don’t know who some of our fans think we can attract.  Either Stubbs or McIntyre would be a safe pair of hands appointment which I reckon is what we need as we return to the top flight.

Clearly we will appoint a manager who will be out of work and a journeyman.  It doesn't have to be this way. Go for Mellon or the lad from Ireland.  Don't just appoint mcintyre as he's cheap and will work for less than jack. Top six is a pipe dream anyhow with our budget. 

Personally, I think he should of got Hibs out of the division sooner than what they did. Especially when McGinn and Allan were firing. That, coupled with the 1 win at Rotherham...

Probably should’ve but he laid the foundation for what Lennon has achieved, the club as a whole have really kicked on since they got the Scottish Cup monkey of their back. He achieved that.

The Championship is a notoriously ruthless league, no team has a god given right to win it. Too many teams come down and expect to waltz back up, ourselves included.

6 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I have been hearing it will be Jim mcintyre.  This comes from a current premier league player. 

Have you indeed? I'm hearing it will be former Blue Peter presenter Peter Purves, with the ghost of Shep as his assistant. Slightly leftfield I know, but the source, which is the voices in my head, is usually right on the money with stuff like this. I know who I'd believe. 

4 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Clearly we will appoint a manager who will be out of work and a journeyman.  It doesn't have to be this way. Go for Mellon or the lad from Ireland.  Don't just appoint mcintyre as he's cheap and will work for less than jack. Top six is a pipe dream anyhow with our budget. 

Have to say I’m not sure about Kearney,  would probably be too much of a gamble.  Mellon though would an interesting appointment.