New Manager Latest Odds

Not convinced about this at all.  Don't understand how Stubbs was the best out of that list of candidates.

Shall get fully behind him however - he will need to get stuck in to the transfer market straight away to get a competitive squad together now!

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Capture.PNG

3 year contract.

We'll be paying that off for  a good while !

What a cr@p appointment.

Never managed in Premiership, couldn't get Hibs out of Championship and made a horlicks of Rotherham but hey he did a job in Everton academy !

I never even thought he was in the race. Can't believe he's suckered us into a 3 year deal.

Guess need to get full square behind him and hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by lenziebud

20 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

We'll be paying that off for  a good while !

What a cr@p appointment.

Never managed in Premiership, couldn't get Hibs out of Championship and made a horlicks of Rotherham but hey he did a job in Everton academy !

I never even thought he was in the race. Can't believe he's suckered us into a 3 year deal.

Guess need to get full square behind him and hope he proves me wrong.

Not any worse than McIntyre IMO.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not any worse than McIntyre IMO.

I think it is tbh.

McIntyre has operated at our level with QOS, Dunfermline and Ross County.

He spent 3 succesful IMO seasons in the Premiership and ironically turned over Stubbs, Hibs team in League Cup final.

The turn around job he did at Ross County first season was outstanding and testament to his coaching ability, much like Jack Ross.

Stubbs has never operated in club at our level and has no top league management experience. 

At Rotherham where his resources were small, he totally flopped and made a shambles of his time there. They have now recovered with his replacement Warne.

A 3 year contract is a nonsense also. 2 years max.

So much as people have reservations about McIntyre, Stubbs for me is a way bigger gamble and risk but hey its done now, so hopefully I am proved completely wrong and we go onto top 6

Edited by lenziebud

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think it is tbh.

McIntyre has operated at our level with QOS, Dunfermline and Ross County.

He spent 3 succesful IMO seasons in the Premiership and ironically turned over Stubbs Hibs team in League Cup final.

The turn around job he did at Ross County firts season was outstanding and testament to his coaching ability, much like Jack Ross.

Stubbs has never operated in club at our level and has no top league management experience. 

At Rotherham where his resources were small, he totally flopped and made a shambles of his time there. They have now recovered with his replacement Warne.

So mush as people have reservations about McIntyre, Stubbs for me is a way bigger gamble and risk but hey its done now, so hopefully I proved completely wrong and we go onto top 6

QOS and Dunfermline at lower level.  Remember, he was sacked too. There are no guarantees in any appointment but at least let's wait and see how he does. Jack's first 3 months were a nightmare.  We have to trust the board in this appointment and they were the ones who interviewed and heard what each candidate sold themselves on. Stubbs clearly impressed more.

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed. Stubbs will need to be better than I think he is to even make me say meh. If it's a three year deal I hope there's a good few get out clauses included, I really really hope I'm wrong, but I'm bitterly disappointed with this appointment

Sent from my F3111 using Black & White Army mobile app

5 minutes ago, Mykey said:

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed. Stubbs will need to be better than I think he is to even make me say meh. If it's a three year deal I hope there's a good few get out clauses included, I really really hope I'm wrong, but I'm bitterly disappointed with this appointment

Who was your choice from those who applied and interviewed?

Has Stubbs appointment been confirmed by an official source yet or is it all still press speculation ?

If Stubbs is to be JR's chosen successor I will be highly optimistic for next season. He did well at Hibs but jumping ship to already-sinking Rotherham was a crazy decision by Stubbs. I think it would be unreasonable for him to be singled out as the principal cause of their subsequent relegation. He is an ambitious manager who should now be refreshed since the Rotherham nightmare and will hopefully be ready for a new challenge. :)

4 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

He will have learned. It's not the falling down, it's the getting up again and getting on with things in life that measures the man.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Has Stubbs appointment been confirmed by an official source yet or is it all still press speculation ?

If Stubbs is to be JR's chosen successor I will be highly optimistic for next season. He did well at Hibs but jumping ship to already-sinking Rotherham was a crazy decision by Stubbs. I think it would be unreasonable for him to be singled out as the principal cause of their subsequent relegation. He is an ambitious manager who should now be refreshed since the Rotherham nightmare and will hopefully be ready for a new challenge. :)

I think you'll find he left Hibs cause the bullet was ready to be fired. No other reason IMO, he knew he was on borrowed time. 

Cups didnt matter at Easter Road. Being in Premiership was Stubbs brief.

Edited by lenziebud

If I'm honest I'd have taken one of the bigger names (as players) and if we'd failed at least we tried, I didn't fancy the Irish guy much but I'd have preferred him to Stubbs or Mcintyre, I think we were struggling when Neilson and Goodwin withdrew, where we are now both should have been easily within our reach. I would have preferred an assistant manager or coach promoted from a country where players are worked full time, their diet and exercise are worked on constantly, JR seemed to have taken that on board, albeit from Brendan Rodgers and I worry now we've gone back to the monster munch and tunnocks tea cakes.

10 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

From those interviewed and going by the spec GLS outlined then Stubbs would be my choice. Promotion and Cup Win plus a very decent win ratio in Scotland. He seems to be better liked and respected by players than fans and that's OK with me. JR is not insincere but badge kissing does nothing for me. He was the man we needed  then.  Stubbs is the man we need now.