Saint's Premiership Era

Our new era in the Scottish Premiership has begun.  Fresh from the excitement of a runaway victory in the Championship in season 2017/18. We are in a good place and now have an opportunity to bring in a new manager to keep up the momentum created by the joint efforts of the board,  management team,  players and SMISA amongst others.  Special mention must go to the role of our Chief Executive and his hard working team at the club who keep the place running and the stadium and playing surface in top condition.  Hats off to the announcer in making away fans welcome to the stadium.  The new manager and his team will find a growing band of people who are passionate about their team. I predict average crowds of over 5.500.  "We are here to stay" is the cry.  Keep your eyes on Paisley.  Things are happening at Greenhill Road.  My predictions forseason 2018/19 are that we will be in the top 7. There are bound to be ups and downs.  What do others think and how will we achieve that.  

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Our new era in the Scottish Premiership has begun.  Fresh from the excitement of a runaway victory in the Championship in season 2017/18. We are in a good place and now have an opportunity to bring in a new manager to keep up the momentum created by the joint efforts of the board,  management team,  players and SMISA amongst others.  Special mention must go to the role of our Chief Executive and his hard working team at the club who keep the place running and the stadium and playing surface in top condition.  Hats off to the announcer in making away fans welcome to the stadium.  The new manager and his team will find a growing band of people who are passionate about their team. I predict average crowds of over 5.500.  "We are here to stay" is the cry.  Keep your eyes on Paisley.  Things are happening at Greenhill Road.  My predictions forseason 2018/19 are that we will be in the top 7. There are bound to be ups and downs.  What do others think and how will we achieve that.  

Ricky I love your passion & eternal optimism but I really do think you've been Snue Gliffing

40 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Ricky I love your passion & eternal optimism but I really do think you've been Snue Gliffing

MW. The brand is called optimism . Had this not been around in the past,  the club would never have started,  we would never have won cups and never won leagues. Are we debt free? Have we just won the Championship by a big margin?  Do we not enjoy a clean, safe stadium with an excellent pitch?  Do we not have a CEO with lots of experience in football?  Have we not got a capable and energetic board?  Do we not have excellent staff and an announcer who does a great job and who makes our revenue generating visitors welcome?  Have we not just enjoyed the services of an outstanding manager selected by the board?  Are we not confident of the board appointing a manager and recruitibg players to take us on? Recent evidence is positive,  in my opinion but I know the Paisley way is often to play things down and to some extent aim low in order not to pbe dissapointed.  Is it too much to think that we can finish in the top 7? Mw

Edited by St.Ricky

Not at all Ricky if we can hold on to most of the players who got us up then there is no reason why we can't,  however we have already lost 3 very influential players who will be hard to replace and with everything that is happening with JR I'm sure you understand my sceptisim.  But i will be there every step of the way shouting on whoever plays in the B&W with all my heart.  We are indeed " On Our Way "

COYS!!!

I agree completely with your sentiments, and yes there will be ups and downs. The key to our future will be the appointment of a successor to Jack Ross, who we’re already assuming is away to Sunderland. Another good appointment required by the board with a suitably experienced manager could keep the feel good factor going and attract the quality signings we need to supplement an already experienced squad. Good times ahead, can’t wait.

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

I reserve judgement  , we made the wrong appointment after  Alec Wright , after Jim Clunie , after Tom Hendrie , after Danny Lennon etc etc  I await with interest ...........

Fair comment bilkyg

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
24 minutes ago, billyg said:
I reserve judgement  , we made the wrong appointment after  Alec Wright , after Jim Clunie , after Tom Hendrie , after Danny Lennon etc etc  I await with interest ...........

What did Ricky McFarlane do wrong?

My memory, admittedly not so good these days,  tells me that we played some great football under Ricky.  A left field appointment at the time. 

MW. The brand is called optimism . Had this not been around in the past,  the club would never have started,  we would never have won cups and never won leagues. Are we debt free? Have we just won the Championship by a big margin?  Do we not enjoy a clean, safe stadium with an excellent pitch?  Do we not have a CEO with lots of experience in football?  Have we not got a capable and energetic board?  Do we not have excellent staff and an announcer who does a great job and who makes our revenue generating visitors welcome?  Have we not just enjoyed the services of an outstanding manager selected by the board?  Are we not confident of the board appointing a manager and recruitibg players to take us on? Recent evidence is positive,  in my opinion but I know the Paisley way is often to play things down and to some extent aim low in order not to pbe dissapointed.  Is it too much to think that we can finish in the top 7? Mw

I for one am right behind you, we are in a good position and there’s a lot to be said for optimism.

Don’t listen tae their eternal doom and gloom shite man [emoji471]

56 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, billyg said:

What did Ricky McFarlane do wrong?

Ricky decided that his family and physiotherapy business had a higher priority than Saints!

The OP reads like a wedding speech ! Why another thread to repeat your mantra yet again Ricky. Every single point you make, you have made in different threads before you sound a bit like Fitzpatrick. You need to get out more and give the internet a rest, it's summer ! 

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The OP reads like a wedding speech ! Why another thread to repeat your mantra yet again Ricky. Every single point you make, you have made in different threads before you sound a bit like Fitzpatrick. You need to get out more and give the internet a rest, it's summer ! 

Thanks Ayrshire.  All about opinions. Yours are noted. Flattered by the comparison to Tony.  Glad also that I am consistent.  However what I did was put forward the current situation for discussion so I ask again... What are your views?  Now if you don't have any or don't want to give any.. That's fine. 

Edited by St.Ricky