How Telling

Lord Pityme

31 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s went from one, to two, to a small number. You’re well on your way back to a full time member. Indeed you’re back to posting more than the majority of members do. Might as well ask Div to get use of the old name back now. 

Your opinion IMO is needlessly negative,  that’s why you get responses and that’s always been what you want on here bites. You aren’t fooling anyone by simply saying don’t respond.

I won’t hold my breath that you’ll admit you are wrong if JR is a success, like you’ve twisted it to ‘he’s just a first team coach’ (which is clearly not true.) when you were proven wrong that there was no way he’d be the Sunderland manager.

You abruptly left this forum under your previous name and can’t help yourself coming back because you’ve clearly missed people responding to your negativity,  poor show mate  

As for Magennis it just proves you’re here for bites and have no intention of trying to see the positive in the team you ‘support’

he has the potential that warrants a £1 million price tag. We have no need to sell him this summer and he’ll be a massive loss. The way prices are inflated in world football, that’s the way things are. 

Why are you intent on "playing the man" Bazil? 

I've stated already I'm a Sunderland fan, concerned about the managerial appointment the club has made. You keep posting shite about my previous user name and your assumptions on why or why I didn't leave the website before. I'm not being negative. Ross did a great job at St Mirren, but St Mirren are nowhere near the size or scope of the club Sunderland is - as Jack Ross acknowledged when he took the job. It's a huge step up, one I don't believe he has in him. You obviously do. As I've said time will tell which one of us is wrong, and I'll be absolutely delighted if Jack Ross gets Sunderland back to the Premiership where the club truly belongs. 

2 hours ago, StuD said:

Stupid post of the year winner. :rolleyes: 

From a fan of a club who have signed a non league English player this summer 

Oh touched a nerve. So u slag off ur new manager. Yet still think ur team can beat Hearts. Dream on........ eh Sunderland are pish 

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oh touched a nerve. So u slag off ur new manager. Yet still think ur team can beat Hearts. Dream on........ eh Sunderland are pish 

Jack Ross is the club manager now. As I've been saying - that concerns me. But there aren't many Hearts players would get in the Sunderland squad. 

47 minutes ago, StuD said:

Jack Ross is the club manager now. As I've been saying - that concerns me. But there aren't many Hearts players would get in the Sunderland squad. 

Really. Have u looked at Sundelands squaud. How many wins in the last 3 years..... things can only get better... its like Jack had failed 2 seasons but he didnt. So how the hell is Jacknot good enough . A bag of chips could have done better last 2 years...

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

What do you base him being the wrong choice on? Simply because of the size of the club which is something unproven.

Not in his remarkable turnaround in a very short period of time. 

Not on him schooling managers in the Championship with much more experience 

not on him running away with a league where he had the 5th biggest budget 

not on his player recruitment (okay they weren’t all winners but there isn’t a manager who has all winners. Plus the number of new  recruits, bearing in mind football is an 11 player sport, there was an expectation players wouldn’t make it) 

two MOTY awards 

several MOTM awards. 

His professionalism, enthusiasm, ambition.

Seems like you have a lot to be positive about his chances of doing well are but have zeroed in on very weak arguments for him not being the right choice. In the size of Sunderland and that he’s not Alex Ferguson... 

Dickson claimed that Jack Ross was a poor appointment for St Mirren.  So, based on his sound judgement skills, I fully expect Sunderland to be back in the EPL in two years time.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, StuD said:

I've stated already I'm a Sunderland fan, concerned about the managerial appointment the club has made. You keep posting shite about my previous user name and your assumptions on why or why I didn't leave the website before. I'm not being negative. Ross did a great job at St Mirren, but St Mirren are nowhere near the size or scope of the club Sunderland is - as Jack Ross acknowledged when he took the job. It's a huge step up, one I don't believe he has in him. You obviously do. As I've said time will tell which one of us is wrong, and I'll be absolutely delighted if Jack Ross gets Sunderland back to the Premiership where the club truly belongs. 

Do u not find it somewhat convieniant that all the years you have trolled here. That our most successful manager in 4 years is now alledgedly your manager. Where u a Barnsley fan last year by chance. Sunderland lost 8 nil to eh  southampton.... not so long ago. Think Brechin might give u a close game

Edited by DougJamie

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Really. Have u looked at Sundelands squaud. How many wins in the last 3 years..... things can only get better... its like Jack had failed 2 seasons but he didnt. So how the hell is Jacknot good enough . A bag of chips could have done better last 2 years...

24 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Do u not find it somewhat convieniant that all the years you have trolled here. That our most successful manager in 4 years is now alledgedly your manager. Where u a Barnsley fan last year by chance. Sunderland lost 8 nil to eh  southampton.... not so long ago. Think Brechin might give u a close game

Brechin might well give us a close game with Jack Ross in charge - they certainly gave St Mirren a few close games this season didn't they :rolleyes: Maybe St Mirren should employ a bag of chips for next boss. 

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, StuD said:

Brechin might well give us a close game with Jack Ross in charge - they certainly gave St Mirren a few close games this season didn't they :rolleyes: Maybe St Mirren should employ a bag of chips for next boss. 

Capture.PNG

Your point is that Saints beat Brechin 4 times last season.:lol: Is that not about half of the total of sunderland wins last season? Mate u can slag off Jack all u want.... its a free country...  he is your manager not ours..... however he may just help give us the biggest cash injection in our history. So unlike you and the murphys... i am not bitter....... 

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Your point is that Saints beat Brechin 4 times last season.:lol: Is that not about half of the total of sunderland wins last season? Mate u can slag off Jack all u want.... its a free country...  he is your manager not ours..... however he may just help give us the biggest cash injection in our history. So unlike you and the murphys... i am not bitter....... 

A win's a win! What those four results and performances against Brechin do highlight is the step up required by our next manager and new squad for the season ahead. The team under Ross found it difficult to break Brechin down last season, the same Brechin who went through a whole season without a win!

looking ahead, you can see where we need a Plan B in games. Ross didnt (as far as most could make out) change formation, strategy and tactics to counter opposition like Brechin & Livi. Its vital the new man has more than one string to their bow. For example you can see the sense of a Hopkin style set up against Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe one or two others who have good footballers throughout their team.

Its inviting a caning going toe to toe with Rodgers team, equally you should be looking at playing the likes of Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone etc off the park.

ironically if Ross has done his homework, and changes tack completely he could with Sunderland's budget hire in a squad of young strapping beasts, who would power their way through League One! He would have to change it for the championship, but still retain enough of it for plan B. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A win's a win! What those four results and performances against Brechin do highlight is the step up required by our next manager and new squad for the season ahead. The team under Ross found it difficult to break Brechin down last season, the same Brechin who went through a whole season without a win!

looking ahead, you can see where we need a Plan B in games. Ross didnt (as far as most could make out) change formation, strategy and tactics to counter opposition like Brechin & Livi. Its vital the new man has more than one string to their bow. For example you can see the sense of a Hopkin style set up against Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe one or two others who have good footballers throughout their team.

Its inviting a caning going toe to toe with Rodgers team, equally you should be looking at playing the likes of Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone etc off the park.

ironically if Ross has done his homework, and changes tack completely he could with Sunderland's budget hire in a squad of young strapping beasts, who would power their way through League One! He would have to change it for the championship, but still retain enough of it for plan B. 

I agree Jack didnt really do plan b  but TBF he didnt really need one. He will with Sunderland as all teams will see them as the BIG team.  Interesting how he is looking at 2 strong midfielders. However back to Saints. Our next manager has to have Jacks development skills and drive. Lets not ever forget just where we were 18 months. As for Morgan and Kyle they would have been sold for peanuts...

The one concern i have about the club's recruitment process, evidenced last time round was it leaned heavily on personality, in that, Scott liked/was pals with Ross, and he became a shoe-in for the job. Now looking back it turned out the right appointment, but if it is soley based on who Scott feels pally with again this time then chances of repeating that success diminishes.

for me the new manager should be challenging, stretching, calling out the board as much as his squad! If the current board appoint someone they feel wont make waves then, that will be reflected on the field too. They happily suggest simularities between Ross and SAF, those who remember back then know SAF drove the board as hard as his squad to get success!

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

Morgan was sold for peanuts in my opinion. 

Yip, so i cant see (but would love to be proved wrong) any club, having seen that we sell our best young players for between £200-£300k, then suddenly deciding to treble that and pay a £1million for one, taking contract length into account too!

edit: it would be a real coup for Safc if they managed to get John McGinn, however, since last season he has been tracked by a couple of EPL and Championship clubs, and for his bank balance, and standing he will be going to one of them if they table an offer. If Safc did get him though then beware! as I am sure Ross would be after his brother, and our captain to play alongside him in a very attack minded midfield!

Edited by Lord Pityme

12 hours ago, StuD said:

St Mirren were a big step up from Alloa as well... you are being needlessly negative, just as you always are. Oh well, more fool me for ‘biting’ 

10 hours ago, StuD said:

Sorry - you're right. AFC Wimbledon. 

Jesus an admission of being wrong!? Get your lottery tickets on tonight lads.

The occasional, selective poster that’s posted  more than a dozen times on this one thread in 24 hours has actually backed down on a point! :P 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yip, so i cant see (but would love to be proved wrong) any club, having seen that we sell our best young players for between £200-£300k, then suddenly deciding to treble that and pay a £1million for one, taking contract length into account too!

edit: it would be a real coup for Safc if they managed to get John McGinn, however, since last season he has been tracked by a couple of EPL and Championship clubs, and for his bank balance, and standing he will be going to one of them if they table an offer. If Safc did get him though then beware! as I am sure Ross would be after his brother, and our captain to play alongside him in a very attack minded midfield!

A transfer fee trebling for a player with six months on his contract to two full years is in no way, shape or form unusual. Magennis has the potential that Morgan has so I think £1 million (and a sell on) is the least we should be asking for. Otherwise wait another season. 

If Sunderland wanted our McGinn (which I don’t see) then they’d have to stump up given his contract length as well. Unless he has a release clause I suppose. 

49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A transfer fee trebling for a player with six months on his contract to two full years is in no way, shape or form unusual. Magennis has the potential that Morgan has so I think £1 million (and a sell on) is the least we should be asking for. Otherwise wait another season. 

If Sunderland wanted our McGinn (which I don’t see) then they’d have to stump up given his contract length as well. Unless he has a release clause I suppose. 

If they or anyone comes in for Magennis imo it wouldnt top five hundred thousand up front. Hopefully we wont find out too soon!

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If they or anyone comes in for Magennis imo it wouldnt top five hundred thousand up front. Hopefully we wont find out too soon!

LPM.  We sold McAllister to help build a team.  We sold Mallan to  help build a team.  We sold Morgan to help build a team.  We will sell Magennis to build our team if the right offer comes in.  It's our working model. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really?

I like John McGinn but honestly, anyone who watched Sunderland last season knows the priority positions are goalkeeper and defence. Sunderland have loads of good quality cover in midfield. If Ross os getting involved in a bidding war for John McGinn and paying ovrr the odds for Magennis then my fears about him would be completely confirmed

2 minutes ago, StuD said:

Really?

I like John McGinn but honestly, anyone who watched Sunderland last season knows the priority positions are goalkeeper and defence. Sunderland have loads of good quality cover in midfield. If Ross os getting involved in a bidding war for John McGinn and paying ovrr the odds for Magennis then my fears about him would be completely confirmed

And our bank balance would be considerably higher. This is a Saints fans forum. Not a fecking black cat one.

6 minutes ago, StuD said:

Really?

WGAF....... Post this on their website u might get a debate

Edited by DougJamie