How Telling

Lord Pityme

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, StuD said:

Agreed. Jack Rodwell fot starters has been happy to take his sizable wedge of cash whilst refusing to play football. Kone has wanted out for over a year but has had no takers. Khazri has been out on loan at Rennes and will play in the World Cup Finals, getting good money for him will be a key to a bigger transfer budget. Djillabodji and Cattermole are on a lot of money too. Cattermole is a bit of a Sunderland legend. And John O'Sheas contract has expired but he wants to stay. 

Even in the backroom team Kevin Ball is hugely respected and loved at the club. Ball looks like being reappointed to the Academy Managers role. Imagine Ross trying to tell him how he wants drills done. 

I agree that Jack has a lot to sort out and I am dubious he'll cut the mustard but I hope he does well enough. As for the academy. Jack Ross MUST be able to tell his underling how he wants the drills done and the way the academy plays it's football. If for nothing else, for continuity. If Ball doesn't like it he'll have a decision to make.

Sammy was given sole praise for clean sheet record and he hardly touched the ball throughout it. 
He made plenty bloopers during the Season when the ball did eventually come to him. 
He won't do for the SPFL PREMIERSHIP. 

Aye ok Shull.

Regardless of how it came about, his clean sheet record stands.

Deal with it & stop being a dick.

It is not his Clean Sheet Record. 

Thanks to our immense defence, he hardly got a touch of the ball. 

Some cannot comprehend. 

No wonder I need to keep repeating myself to those who keep repeating the abuse. 

1 hour ago, mad saint 2 said:

sorry in every game he made more 

than one telling save 

give him a break 

who was better in the championship 

than him come on 

Irrelevant post. 

The other goalies didn't have an outstanding defence in front of them. 

Imagine Sammy being the Brechin stopper. 

Why you in the Sin Bin greeting about a Sin Binner ? 

On 6/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, shull said:

The Club disgracefully giving Samson ALL THE CREDIT for the Clean Sheet record.

Craig Samson agrees new contract

SMFC Webteam

Saints News

Craig Samson has signed a new contract with the club today, which will see him ply his trade with St Mirren until the summer of 2020.

The stopper has had a remarkable season with The Buddies, helping them on their way to lifting the Championship title.

It was also a record breaking season for Samson personally, as he broke the record for consecutive clean sheets at home. From December till April he accumulated eight clean sheets in a row at the Paisley 2021 Stadium, defeating Craig Hinchcliffe's previous record of seven.

Samson said: "I am absolutely delighted with it. It's something the manager and I have been discussing for a few weeks now, since we knew what position we were in and that we were going to be in the Premier League next year.

What utter garbage, they aren't giving him 'all the credit.' It's a short statement regarding a perfectly valid record. I assume from your response you must of posted a similar comment panning Hinchcliffe for getting 'all the credit' when he set that previous record? 

How would you of worded that paragraph? a breakdown of what our back four was like in the eight clean sheets in a row? :lol: 

It's clear your dislike for Sammy goes beyond the player performance. Can't even bring yourself to show credit where credit is due. 

I don't hate anybody, certainly not Samson. 

He just ain't a good goalkeeper. 

Hinchcliffe was a very good goalkeeper and probably had to make lots of outstanding saves, while playing behind a sub standard defence. 

On 6/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, shull said:

It is not his Clean Sheet Record. 

Thanks to our immense defence, he hardly got a touch of the ball. 

Some cannot comprehend. 

No wonder I need to keep repeating myself to those who keep repeating the abuse. 

I completely agree the defenders should take a lot of praise but you can't even bring yourself to give Sammy his share of the credit. Him performing well sticks in your throat. 

Shot's on target... Yet he hardly touched the ball :huh:

Dunfermline – 2

Dundee United – 1 (Penalty save)

ICT – 4 The Saints keeper then produced a brilliant stop to deny Connor Bell from point-blank range.

QOS – 7 ‘Craig Samson was in top form, with two terrific saves to thwart Ross Ferguson and Kyle Cameron.

Brechin – 1

Dunfermline – 2

Dumbarton – 2

Livi – 3

23 shots on target - 0 goals conceded. Any keeper on the planet would be delighted with that return and any manager would be praising said keeper. 

What an absolute mess to get yourself in above. :lol:

Sammy for Scotland :)

Eh naw. 

Most of the goals he lost could have been saved by an average goalkeeper. 

Even my Granny could have saved a few. 

Next Season will be a disaster as our not so shit hot defence will take a pounding in most matches. 

If he does a few clean sheets next season, I might utter well done. 

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Eh naw. 

Next Season will be a disaster as our not so shit hot defence will take a pounding in most matches. 

So he deserves zero credit at all for that clean sheet record? Coaches, players, fans and pundits alike praised him for it, yet they're all wrong and Shull is right. :rolleyes:

No one is saying Sammy for Scotland, I think you must be getting this St Mirren team a wee bit above their station if that's what you think people are saying. 

Sammy can only do what is asked of him and he has improved greatly over the second half of the season but no, not a tiny bit of praise owed? Nothing... 

At least you are agreeing with me presently. 

I wish Sammy was doing what we were asking him. 

And yes, they are all wrong. 

Don't you know, The Masses Are Asses. 

Just now, shull said:

At least you are agreeing with me presently. 

I wish Sammy was doing what we were asking him. 

And yes, they are all wrong. 

Don't you know, The Masses Are Asses. 

So not even a shred of praise owed for a goalkeeper that's broken one of our club records? Nothing... Several key saves, a few penalty saves in his time, hardly put a foot wrong second half of the season... Would you even praise him for saves in isolation like the great double save he made against QOS this season for example? 

49 minutes ago, shull said:

Eh naw. 

Will keep you to the last sentence Shull. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So not even a shred of praise owed for a goalkeeper that's broken one of our club records? Nothing... Several key saves, a few penalty saves in his time, hardly put a foot wrong second half of the season... Would you even praise him for saves in isolation like the great double save he made against QOS this season for example? 

I would give up. Your on to a hiding to nothing.

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If you feel that way maybe you should of said something... :rolleyes:

I guess you'll just have to deal with it, two more years of Sammy :thumbsup

All I can say regarding above post.... 

have instead of of. 

Pod has sussed it. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

All I can say regarding above post.... 

have instead of of. 

Pod has sussed it. 

Ellipses shouldn't be more than three ellipsis points unless you're doing a full stop then an ellipses... which you weren't, as have would of been a capital H and on the same line. 

Fun game, still two more years of Sammy :clapping