Jack Ross - SMTID?

I appreciate that this may be considered trivial as JR has now gone, but I've just read his statement on the club's official website. While I'm happy with and appreciate everything Jack says, I find it difficult to accept his signing off with the letters SMTID.  Despite everything he did for the club, he was a club employee, not a supporter, someone we all knew would move on to pastures new eventually. I really think that only supporters have the right to these five letters.  Did he write AATID when he left Alloa to come to us?

Others may consider this trivial, but does it give us an insight to the man? I honestly wish him all the best at Sunderland, but is it not rather patronising of him to appropriate letters which rightly belong only to us?

Comments, including from those who think I'm overreacting, welcome.

I think the true meaning for Jack is that he will always have a place for the club in his heart. He enjoyed his time as a player, and his memories from the last 18 months will stick in his mind forever. It could well be his best time in football, taking a club from guaranteed relegation to title winners in a short space of time.

It may be OTT to say SMTID, but perhaps it's his way of trying to say how much this club means to him. OTT maybe, as you say it's the fans who stick with a club thick and thin. But I believe his words are genuine. Best of luck to him (although I hope Argyle beat them to the title!)

They've moved on.

Aye, it wasn't in the best of circumstances, but let's take a wee step back and appreciate what they achieved while they were here. That won't be erased, and we are all benefiting from their efforts.

Let's not be petty and bitter. We're better than that.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

They've moved on.

Aye, it wasn't in the best of circumstances, but let's take a wee step back and appreciate what they achieved while they were here. That won't be erased, and we are all benefiting from their efforts.

Let's not be petty and bitter. We're better than that.

Absolutely 

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

I appreciate that this may be considered trivial as JR has now gone, but I've just read his statement on the club's official website. While I'm happy with and appreciate everything Jack says, I find it difficult to accept his signing off with the letters SMTID.  Despite everything he did for the club, he was a club employee, not a supporter, someone we all knew would move on to pastures new eventually. I really think that only supporters have the right to these five letters.  Did he write AATID when he left Alloa to come to us?

Others may consider this trivial, but does it give us an insight to the man? I honestly wish him all the best at Sunderland, but is it not rather patronising of him to appropriate letters which rightly belong only to us?

Comments, including from those who think I'm overreacting, welcome.

Think you're right.  JR and James Fowler have been seen belting out "We're on our way" on more than one occasion weeks ago.  Pair of chancers :angry: .  

Jack has delt with this with a huge amount of dignity and respect for St Mirren and, for once, St Mirren has delt with a very difficult situation with a huge amount of dignity.  How refreshing is that given the shambles that is Rangers and the arrogance that is celic? Well done Gordon!

At least we didn't sack Jack for no reason whatsoever (Fergie!) 

I am far more grateful for what Jack has done for us than gutted that he and James have left and believe me, I am absolutely gutted, but we could not stand in his way.

Jack Ross is SMTID, he played, he led, he managed, he delivered.  Our club, Love Street and the new ground, The Northbank, Paisley and all we have loved together over the last 20 months will remain in his heart and wherever he is managing, he will send us players and look for our result.

Good luck Jack, thanks for everything!

SMTID

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Don't drink and post.....................good advice, unless you're fecking nutter. 

Are you determined to upset everyone on the forum by calling them "nutters" or some variation?  Unbelievable. 

He was a former player, had some of the best memories of his career with us and built and restored faith within the club between fans, the board and the players as a manager, taking us back to the top flight where we belong in such a short space of time.

Why cant the OP realise that he has an affection for the club regardless of where he is now. Tony Fitz was a self confessed Celtic fan before playing for us. Ask him now and he would give you a different answer.