Jack Ross - SMTID?

25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.

Aye but Oaksoft is alright. That's all that maters................................... to a Tory.

The SMTID is his way of saying just that. He loves the club, the fans and everything related to the club and always will.

This move is for his family and that comes first. He shouldnt need to explain himself to anyone. Common sense was all that was needed to accept this offer.

He goes with my best wishes and eternal gratitude for the job he has done pull the team and the fans together. Not to mention get us back to where we belong.

As much as i love St.Mirren if i was in the same position id have taken the job.

Id still be SMTID. just like Jack.

4 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Perhaps as he hurtles past the competition in the English League One, and continues the journey to the top of the English Championship on his way to the top 4 in the English Premier, he will remember that he is SMTID and will recommend us players and loan us players.  In his position, I know I would, as I am also SMTID.       

Sounds pretty rational to me , something that is sometimes lacking in a forum where some crave agreement. .

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.

Globalisation killed our manufacturing base in addition to the great British Joe public preferring cheap foreign goods over UK made goods.

It's funny how people comveniently forget that.

Edited by oaksoft

On 5/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

:hammer

Read into this what you like...................if it upsets you, maybe time to feck off? :byebye

Truly blessed with an inability to not self destruct. Enjoy spitting out your bile.  it amuses me. And The publicity is Great.  So thanks again. 

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Just like you or any other supporter would.

You may speak for yourself and perhaps even myself, but you have no right to tar everyone with your grubby brush; because I am  sure there are many people whose integrity means more to them than pennies in their pocket

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

You may speak for yourself and perhaps even myself, but you have no right to tar everyone with your grubby brush; because I am  sure there are many people whose integrity means more to them than pennies in their pocket

I have no idea what age you are but if you have a wife and kids then I find this comment astonishing. 

I love my club but while I also love my employer IF I ever get offered a 500% pay rise then my family come first. This has nothing to do with integrity it simply comes down to economics. 

Honestly Bud just think how this changes Jacks life. He can pay off his house, set up his kids and give himself a chance to become a real name in England and maybe even set for life.

Think what most Saints fans would have loved is if Jack had stayed long enough to have a crack at the SPL, particularly given the momentum that as a club we have built up in the last 18 months. 

Sadly it wasn’t to be and when you take a step back from it he has to do what is right for him and his family. As previous poster said if he gets this right he could be set up for life. 

We are all a bit deflated just now but St Mirren are back in the top league where we belong and the  fans are right behind the club - lets get our new manager in place and kick on. COYS!!

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

If you had read all the threads relating to Jack's approach from all the various teams that wanted him (Dundee, Barnsley, Ipswich) you will note that I have consistently stated that money is not everything in life (unless you are a taxi driver :) ). It never has been for me and never will be.

However the hypocrisy stinks when supporters slag off Jack for leaving when not one that I have read believes that Jack should have rejected a 5 times increase in salary for the good of his family or that they themselves would have rejected a five fold increase (and a great opportunity) - like you also admitted. So when I refer to 'everybody' I am referring to 'everybody' that has commented on on this forum and have not found one person who would have knocked the situation back but some that slag off Jack for accepting it. So stick your grubby brush.

If JR manages to get the full house of signing the McGinns by taking John to Sunderland then surely everyone can forgive the slight indiscretion?

JR should be using Gary Teale as an example of what can be achieved when signing for a lower league English team.

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Think what most Saints fans would have loved is if Jack had stayed long enough to have a crack at the SPL, particularly given the momentum that as a club we have built up in the last 18 months. 

Sadly it wasn’t to be and when you take a step back from it he has to do what is right for him and his family. As previous poster said if he gets this right he could be set up for life. 

We are all a bit deflated just now but St Mirren are back in the top league where we belong and the  fans are right behind the club - lets get our new manager in place and kick on. COYS!!

That’s exactly what I thought, and hoped, would happen. Having got us up, and with Jack and the club talking us up, as going up there not just to make up the numbers, then I genuinely thought he’d have a bash at the top flight with us. I saw him going the Alex Neil route to Engerland, having his stock rise as he impressed in the top flight.

However, this move does look a good one for him. They are undoubtably a big club, big stadium, big fanbase. They are likely at their lowest ebb, the only way is up, I really don’t think they will drop even lower, or hang around the third tier for too long, so while they will have expectations for a swift return to the Championship, Jack has a real shot at meeting those expectations. Looking at the rival clubs in that division, if Jack gets them going, they should come back up. Then there’s the wages. For managing in the third tier. Wow. Good on you Jack, set up your family and kids, nice one. If he does well and gets an improved deal in the Championship, he’s likely made for life if he invests wisely. There are clearly many postives in this for Jack.

I’m a St Mirren fan though, so that’s my concern, and it still annoys me that a deal was done between Jack and those Mackem wankers before any of them had the decency to contact St Mirren FCs BoD. 

That said, Jack hass done well. I still don’t give a fcuk about Sunderland’s fortunes though. 

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It could be worse. I could be around 50 years old and spend my days tweeting abusive posts at Jack Ross.

Grow up FFS. :lol:

Abusive posts?

You just made that up, didn't you?

Was it this one....

Screenshot_20180527-102220.png

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

That’s exactly what I thought, and hoped, would happen. Having got us up, and with Jack and the club talking us up, as going up there not just to make up the numbers, then I genuinely thought he’d have a bash at the top flight with us. I saw him going the Alex Neil route to Engerland, having his stock rise as he impressed in the top flight.

However, this move does look a good one for him. They are undoubtably a big club, big stadium, big fanbase. They are likely at their lowest ebb, the only way is up, I really don’t think they will drop even lower, or hang around the third tier for too long, so while they will have expectations for a swift return to the Championship, Jack has a real shot at meeting those expectations. Looking at the rival clubs in that division, if Jack gets them going, they should come back up. Then there’s the wages. For managing in the third tier. Wow. Good on you Jack, set up your family and kids, nice one. If he does well and gets an improved deal in the Championship, he’s likely made for life if he invests wisely. There are clearly many postives in this for Jack.

I’m a St Mirren fan though, so that’s my concern, and it still annoys me that a deal was done between Jack and those Mackem wankers before any of them had the decency to contact St Mirren FCs BoD. 

That said, Jack hass done well. I still don’t give a fcuk about Sunderland’s fortunes though. 

My take on it too. Well almost.  Firstly. No one with any sense would turn down 5 x salary. There's also the chance that, given the likelihood of promotion, if JR does it in style, he'll be able to command a massive increase in salary or manufacture a move upward, again. As you say. That's the downside to what I see in this episode. It appears that those in the JR camp went about this move in a less than open manner. IF that was the case then I feel a lot of the resentment as to how it was done is merited and the SMTID sign off seems a little hollow.

Edited by stlucifer