Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
pondsman

Jack Ross - SMTID?

Recommended Posts


Hello, I live next door to TPAFKA, just to let you know, I am indeed a durty big handsome bassturt, but I don't go on and on about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Ross was our gaffer

He wore a St. Murn hat.

When Sunderland came calling

He said I fancy that.

He took young Jamesy Fowler

And left us in the mire.

He said “I’m SMITD” but he’s a feckin liar!

ohhhhhhhhhh.......

Only kiddin Jack. Is still love ye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Quite! it would be better if Thatcher had left round about 1979:P

Thanks to her I own my house and will be mortgage free in two years. She also broke the unions. On both scores I am quite happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pondsman said:

I appreciate that this may be considered trivial as JR has now gone, but I've just read his statement on the club's official website. While I'm happy with and appreciate everything Jack says, I find it difficult to accept his signing off with the letters SMTID.  Despite everything he did for the club, he was a club employee, not a supporter, someone we all knew would move on to pastures new eventually. I really think that only supporters have the right to these five letters.  Did he write AATID when he left Alloa to come to us?

Others may consider this trivial, but does it give us an insight to the man? I honestly wish him all the best at Sunderland, but is it not rather patronising of him to appropriate letters which rightly belong only to us?

Comments, including from those who think I'm overreacting, welcome.

Perhaps as he hurtles past the competition in the English League One, and continues the journey to the top of the English Championship on his way to the top 4 in the English Premier, he will remember that he is SMTID and will recommend us players and loan us players.  In his position, I know I would, as I am also SMTID.       

Edited by E=Mc2
Dyslexia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Thanks to her I own my house and will be mortgage free in two years. She also broke the unions. On both scores I am quite happy.

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.

Aye but Oaksoft is alright. That's all that maters................................... to a Tory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SMTID is his way of saying just that. He loves the club, the fans and everything related to the club and always will.

 

This move is for his family and that comes first. He shouldnt need to explain himself to anyone. Common sense was all that was needed to accept this offer.

 

He goes with my best wishes and eternal gratitude for the job he has done pull the team and the fans together. Not to mention get us back to where we belong.

 

As much as i love St.Mirren if i was in the same position id have taken the job.

 

Id still be SMTID. just like Jack.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Perhaps as he hurtles past the competition in the English League One, and continues the journey to the top of the English Championship on his way to the top 4 in the English Premier, he will remember that he is SMTID and will recommend us players and loan us players.  In his position, I know I would, as I am also SMTID.       

Sounds pretty rational to me , something that is sometimes lacking in a forum where some crave agreement. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Thanks to her wanting to break the unions we now have next to no manufacturing base, no coal to speak of and our energy facilities are owned by foreign companies. She was despicable and callous, using police to attack law abiding pickets trying to protect their livelihoods. People were forced to work for near slave wages and Company fatcats got, and are continuing to get even fatter. Ordinary young couples can't get decent affordable council homes due to the sell off. The countries family silver was sold off cheaply and, if one part happened to be losing money, she simply split it and sold the bit that WAS making money. But it's ok. You've nearly paid off your mortgage 10 years after I paid mine off.

Globalisation killed our manufacturing base in addition to the great British Joe public preferring cheap foreign goods over UK made goods.

It's funny how people comveniently forget that.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

:hammer

Read into this what you like...................if it upsets you, maybe time to feck off? :byebye

Truly blessed with an inability to not self destruct. Enjoy spitting out your bile.  it amuses me. And The publicity is Great.  So thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×